Combine News, Notes & Updates

Lith

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would still prefer to see us go OT at 11 (depending on who is on the board).  But woudl still be happy with Jeudy or Lamb.  I also wonder if Ruggs sneals into the discussion at 11 over the next few days.

Ruggs came in with huge mitts, 10 1/8”

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

I would still prefer to see us go OT at 11 (depending on who is on the board).  But woudl still be happy with Jeudy or Lamb.  I also wonder if Ruggs sneaks into the discussion at 11 over the next few days.

Ruggs will somehow sneak into the top 10. IMO, draft will go Lamb, Ruggs, Jeudy. Ruggs has a real chance of beating the 40 record that John Ross put up a couple of years ago.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Ruggs will somehow sneak into the top 10. IMO, draft will go Lamb, Ruggs, Jeudy. Ruggs has a real chance of beating the 40 record that John Ross put up a couple of years ago.

This is my thinking as well. Lamb has always been my top choice but between Ruggs hands and his 40 time I could see him beat Jeudy too.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

As much as I like Lamb and to a lesser extend, Ruggs --- The difference between OT Wills @11 and an injury prone day 2 guy like Trey Adams, is HUGE.... I can't say the same with a high degree of confidence about Ruggs or Lamb vs Mims/Jefferson/Higgins... \

I like the combo of Wills + Mims (and double dipping w/Pittman) over Lamb + Adams w/Pittman 

still my prefered 3 picks..  If we walk away with those exact first three im ecstatic 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

This is my thinking as well. Lamb has always been my top choice but between Ruggs hands and his 40 time I could see him beat Jeudy too.

He has giant hands, and will probably run mid 4.2's. Scouts are going to love him. Jeudy is a great route runner and he's pretty athletic and savvy, but he won't blow up the combine like Ruggs could.

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

As much as I like Lamb and to a lesser extend, Ruggs --- The difference between OT Wills @11 and an injury prone day 2 guy like Trey Adams, is HUGE.... I can't say the same with a high degree of confidence about Ruggs or Lamb vs Mims/Jefferson/Higgins... \

I like the combo of Wills + Mims (and double dipping w/Pittman) over Lamb + Adams w/Pittman 

Gahhhhh, you make so much sense but I love Lamb in Green/White so much.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

If only the Jets were willing to make a move with their Strong Safety, the O-line and WR positions could be addressed for the next half-decade at a minimum.  With Sam (if he makes big strides in year 3 and beyond), the Offense would be prepped for some legit multi-year production (for the first time in a decade+).

It is, to my thinking, the greatest misuse of available assets possible to sit on a guy just because he's good, when so clearly a greater and more vital need exists.

Take what we can get, of course, but anything less than 3 new starting O-line and 2 new starting WR's, a legit #1 and legit 32, out of this class will be a missed opportunity and disappointment, in my books.

The only argument I make with this is you know what you have in Adams right now.  I understand the "not a valuable position" argument etc.

But lets pretend if we got a first and whatever for him.

What if we going into this draft  Josh Doctson, and Greg Robinson came out in the same draft.  We could be excited we got 2 premiere talents, but ultimately are almost instant regrets. 

On the other side(but doubtful) we could nail both picks and be set.

its all a crapshoot.

• Upvote 3

Looking forward to how this plays out over the next few days and then the next 2 months.  

I agree, 1st pick is most likely either a OL or a WR.  On the outside chance CB Jeff Okudah is available at 11 I would have to take a long hard look as premiere CB are only available high in the draft or in FA ($$$).

I am starting to lean more towards CeeDee as my top WR - just the best overall outside WR product.  Jeudy is a beast as well and would not complain but having Crowder means Jeudy would be playing more outside and I think in that case I go Lamb.  

As a longer shot, if some team is smitten with Jeudy or Lamb and wants to jump ahead of the Raiders at 12 then I would happily entertain a small trade down - not below Denver at 15 - and look to target Ruggs.  I dont want Ruggs at 11 but if you pick up some extra picks in a trade down and take him, Im good with that.  

As far as Oline - I agree this is the #1 priority this offseason but I need to see how FA plays out first.  If we are able to sign something along the lines of 1 premiere FA (Costanzo, Thuney, Sherff, etc) and 1 mid level (Glasgow?) then I am much more comfortable going WR in the 1st round.  Plus, our o-line is so bad that I like the idea of adding veterans rather than rookies.  I would still draft a o-lineman somewhere in the 2-3 rounds after signing 2 FA's.  

Regarding the o-linemen in the draft Ill have to see a bit more before ranking them but many seem to agree on the top 3 tackles and perhaps the 4th tackle in the draft. 

The question will be what did we do in FA's, which OT falls to 11, how does that OT compare to the available WRs and lastly, are there any trade down possibilities that do not move us further than 15ish.  

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If only the Jets were willing to make a move with their Strong Safety, the O-line and WR positions could be addressed for the next half-decade at a minimum.  With Sam (if he makes big strides in year 3 and beyond), the Offense would be prepped for some legit multi-year production (for the first time in a decade+).

It is, to my thinking, the greatest misuse of available assets possible to sit on a guy just because he's good, when so clearly a greater and more vital need exists.

Take what we can get, of course, but anything less than 3 new starting O-line and 2 new starting WR's, a legit #1 and legit 32, out of this class will be a missed opportunity and disappointment, in my books.

I get your thinking, but you and everybody who wants to trade Adams for a mid to late first round pick need to consider the possibility that we could be trading an All Pro for a possible bust or mediocrity.  If we get a first round pick and draft a guard is that position more highly valued than a game changing safety?  No draft pick is guaranteed and there are many busts at WR and O line.   

The old bird in the hand saying applies here.

• Upvote 1