Combine News, Notes & Updates

Lith

16 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

How’d you know he was talking to Sharpe? 

Did he say “Tajae Sharpe of the Titans! How the hell are ya!...now listen”?That would be awesome.

Because he called him Tajae, and said "The Titans said they arent going to extend you an offer" 

Pretty simple. 2+2 = 4 after that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

He's also getting close to Leveon Bell with his amount of carries.

Thats what scares me about him.  Over 900 carries in 3 seasons.  That is more than D'Andre Swift and Clyde Edwards-Helaire. 

Combined.

• Upvote 4

The linebackers looked great today and for a guy with tons of red flags Willie Gay jr. looked fantastic in drills. Talk about a roll of the dice with him. 

My biggest surprise was how bad Epenesa looked in the drills and his slow time. I didn't expect him to blow it up but he looked downright awful in the drills. I wonder how far he slides after todays performance.

• Upvote 2

Sure wish JD had some more picks he could find some decent depth in this draft.    How he works free agency should be a good foretelling of his priority for picking.   Still think OL is tops or Edge.   I would say 80% OL 20% Edge first pick.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RobR said:

The linebackers looked great today and for a guy with tons of red flags Willie Gay jr. looked fantastic in drills. Talk about a roll of the dice with him. 

My biggest surprise was how bad Epenesa looked in the drills and his slow time. I didn't expect him to blow it up but he looked downright awful in the drills. I wonder how far he slides after todays performance.

Hopefully at least to #12.?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/how-will-joe-douglas-and-adam-gase-approach-the-2020-nfl-draft

Nice insight from Douglas/Gase here. Sounds like receiver could be a real possibility. Chris Johnson with binoculars in the scouting booth isnt great. Also the new President looks involved too.

He thought he was going to an Opera.

1490271763_922947-1.thumb.jpg.b4c6f3d7cf342c2d120c05f29498f53f.jpg

• Haha 1

I don't think any mid-1st round prospects vaulted themselves into Top 10 contention during this combine.  Also don't think any Top 10 prospects dropped out of the Top 10 - Derrick Brown is still a solid Top 10 player,  his film is incredible (for an Auburn player) and his combine workouts weren't bad.  The kid from South Carolina who didn't work out at the combine (Kinlaw) might be a borderline Top 10 from what they were saying.  

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Did Epenesa finish the 40 yet? You could use a sundial to record his time. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought historically players who end up great on the EDGE have superior athleticism.  

The Watt brothers, Clowney, Von Miller, etc.

Same thing for IDLs.  Some of these guys can look great in college, and they can be good pros, but to be great pros, worthy of a first round draft pick, they need to be superior athletes.

Epenesa and Brown are going to tumble.  Nobody wants to be like the Jets.  

Just now, T0mShane said:

Not a terrible three cone or shuttle, though. Willekes looked undraftable today 

Did you watch him in the individual drills? He was beyond awful and the announcers were basically laughing at him as he was competing. He looked beyond stiff.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Epenesa? 

Yes. They were laughing when he was doing drills because he looked that bad.

Also looking at the numbers for Willekes and he was eerily similar to Epenesa. Not sure why you think his numbers were any worse than Epenesa.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

Yes. They were laughing when he was doing drills because he looked that bad.

Also looking at the numbers for Willekes and he was eerily similar to Epenesa. Not sure why you think his numbers were any worse than Epenesa.

Because Willekes has to play OLB and Epenesa is going to be a down lineman. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Because Willekes has to play OLB and Epenesa is going to be a down lineman. 

Based on height and weight they were similar regardless of what position you think they will play. I also think Willekes is more of a 4-3 DE but it doesn't matter because I wouldn't draft either.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Did you watch him in the individual drills? He was beyond awful and the announcers were basically laughing at him as he was competing. He looked beyond stiff.

I didn't see the drills, but so far I've seen you say this twice while the general consensus I've seen from draft types on Twitter is he was fine during the drills.

I guess everyone sees things differently.  

I read somewhere they had him running some LB and Coverage drills?  Is that true?  Not implying those are the drills you are talking about, but don't understand why they'd ask he do that.