Combine News, Notes & Updates

Lith

10 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Holy sh*t, those numbers are unreal. Douglas needs to draft 2 WR's within rounds 1-4, this pool of WR talent can really help this pathetic Jets offense. On a side note Michael Pittman reminds me of Vincent Jackson, I would love for the Jets to draft him.

40.5 vertical too. Unreal.  Not sure anyone saw this coming.

• Upvote 2

In the NFL network coverage, they briefly flashed to the jets personnel in the stands.  I think I saw Calvin Pace there.  Guess he is now a scout for the Jets!

Edit - I will add context to clarify - Calvin Pace, former OLB for the jets, is now a scout for the jets and they showed him at the Combine.  Thought that was an interesting tidbit to share.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

The Top WR's (Jeudy / Lamb / Ruggs) are up next...    

40 Time- 1st run ... Jeudy- 4.46                                                   

Lamb- 4.51                                                                                 

Ruggs- 4.27 (readjusted from 4.28)                                                                                  

Mims- 4.40                                                                                 

Peoples-Jones- 4.56                                                                       

Pittman- 4.52                                                                                 

Reagor- 4.47                                                                                  

Shenault- 4.59                                                                               

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

In the NFL network coverage, they briefly flashed to the jets personnel in the stands.  I think I saw Calvin Pace there.  Guess he is now a scout for the Jets!

Edit - I will add context to clarify - Calvin Pace, former OLB for the jets, is now a scout for the jets and they showed him at the Combine.  Thought that was an interesting tidbit to share.

Pace and Brick were interns last season. Not sure what their role is now. 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, Warfish said:

Yes, one O-lineman would help Sam (and Bell) greatly.

But Adams is not worth "one O-lineman".  He is worth, generally, a 1st Round Pick and a 3rd Round Pick.

That's an elite O-lineman prospect and a #2 starting WR.  

That's getting those two WITHOUT spending our own 4 top-round picks.

That means we can get THREE top-round O-line prospects (including a first rounder) AND TWO new starting WR's (including a first rounder).

And trading Adams enables us, if Douglas is any good, to fill three of those spots for the next ten years.

Having to sign only ONE Free Agent O-lineman to pair with three draft picks and only one returning guy, completely revamping our weakest unit into potentially our best unit AND getting two new legit starting WR's AND only losing a pass-rush Safety?

I'm amazed, honestly, how few people seem interested in this.  For a team as bad, for as long, as us on Offense, 30 years of almost unending futility, we have a chance to re-make this organization and potentially join the legit offensive teams in the league.

But no.  We'd rather double down again on Defense (and an unusual Safety-driven defense at that) and hope the O just figures it out I guess.  Under Gase, the guy who hasn't sniffed a top Offense since he stopped holding Peyton's clipboard. 

This is all so great. The premise I agree with.

The only problem I see is the phantom 1st and 3rd everyone is talking about. We heard a rumor about something that could have potentially been that at the trade deadline. That is an entirely different scenario than trading at the draft. We all know this. 

Now... someone can be upset that JD didn't accept that trade at the deadline, if it actually ever was more than a 1st. That would be fine. But arguing the idea that Douglas is somehow turning down all of the trade offers for Adams seems unfounded to me. I like Adams and have no problem paying him, but I would accept a trade offer like so many are assuming exists. I'm some sort of ugly fluffy bearded anomaly or something. I think there is a significant middle ground to reside in this debate. I would be curious to hear some legitimate trade rumors surrounding Adams outside of JN. I just haven't seen any. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

Why is Higgins resting? Did he already run at pro day?

Because he knew he would run slow and decided to wait for his pro day. Pro days always come after the combine and vary by about a month depending on the school.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Claypool made some money tonight. A guy his size runs a 4.42 and a 40” vert. 
That’s scary. 

An interesting tid bit is that the teams requested he work out as a TE. I'm not sure if he accepted the request or not but he put on a show for either position. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, RobR said:

Because he knew he would run slow and decided to wait for his pro day. Pro days always come after the combine and vary by about a month depending on the school.

Thanks. See his if March 12 and he claims he will run a 4.4

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

An interesting vid bit is that the teams requested he work out as a TE. I'm not sure if he accepted the request or not but he put on a show for either position. 

What I find more interesting is that he weighed 229 at the Senior Bowl, gained 9 lbs in five weeks to weigh 238 today at the Combine, and still posted crazy numbers.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

What I find more interesting is that he weighed 229 at the Senior Bowl, gained 9 lbs in five weeks to weigh 238 today at the Combine, and still posted crazy numbers.

He said he drank too much water before his weigh in.

• Upvote 1