Henry Ruggs vs 15 other prospects?

Pick Over Alabama WR Henry Ruggs at #11?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. I would pick the following players over Ruggs at #11......(select all that apply)

• WR Jerry Jeudy
    • WR CeeDee Lamb
    • WR Laviska Shenault Jr.
    • OT Mekhi Becton
    • OT Jared Wills
    • OT Andrew Thomas
    • OT Tristan Wirfs
    • OT Josh Jones
    • DT Javon Kinlaw
    • DT Derrick Brown
    • LB Isaiah Simmons
    • LB Kenneth Murray
    • Edge K'Lavon Chaisson
    • CB Jeff Okudah
    • CB CJ Henderson

17 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Which of the above listed prospects the Jets might realistically draft at #11 would you pick over Alabama WR Henry Ruggs?

Great poll fellow Tide booster. IMHO Jeudy has it all over Ruggs. I think he's more complete and a great route runner. He has more of a "feel" for the game. I also liked Wills , Thomas or Wirfs better at #11.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Interesting.

Glad to see Okudah got as much love as he did, i would definitely take him.... other than that - the list is just 3 Tackles and Jeudy. 

I voted the 3 tackles, Okudah and Jeudy too

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I just know that I want nothing to do with him at all (whatsoever) along with his little disappearing acts he likes to pull; especially during big games when it matters most. 

He did absolutely nothingness with back to back to back disappearing acts during 3 consecutive bowl game appearances - all while Jerry Jeudy stole the show - couldn't be stopped - and recorded 15 receptions for well over 400 receiving yards and 3 TD's along with a Bowl Game MVP!

Sorry. But I'm not wasting no 1st round pick on a prospect like that who's known for his "40 yard dash time" while two impact WR's in Jeudy and CeeDee there for the takings... No thank you. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Which of the above listed prospects the Jets might realistically draft at #11 would you pick over Alabama WR Henry Ruggs?

What's your view of Ruggs, Sarge? Worth the pick at #11?

I am certainly intrigued by him.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

What's your view of Ruggs, Sarge? Worth the pick at #11?

I am certainly intrigued by him.

I like him a lot.  He's a great WR with incredible speed.  I'd be happy with him at #11, but I think Jeudy is a better overall WR and agree we probably need an Offensive Lineman more than a WR and could get a good WR in the 2nd round.

Looking at what the scouts are saying about Judy and Ruggs, it depends on what type of player you want.  Like Amari Cooper versus Tyreek Hill with better hands and no baggage.  

Jeudy lines up in the slot a lot.   I think if Ruggs can overcome the press coverage at the next level, his ceiling is considerably higher.  Jeudy is a safer risk though.  But the entire defense is going to have to know where Ruggs is at the minute he breaks the huddle.  He never drops passes and is lightning fast.  

You don’t win by not taking risks.  I would take Ruggs at 11 and then do what you can to get Josh Jones, Ezra Cleveland, of Austin Jackson later on.

5 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Looking at what the scouts are saying about Judy and Ruggs, it depends on what type of player you want.  Like Amari Cooper versus Tyreek Hill with better hands and no baggage.  

Jeudy lines up in the slot a lot.   I think if Ruggs can overcome the press coverage at the next level, his ceiling is considerably higher.  Jeudy is a safer risk though.  But the entire defense is going to have to know where Ruggs is at the minute he breaks the huddle.  He never drops passes and is lightning fast.  

You don’t win by not taking risks.  I would take Ruggs at 11 and then do what you can to get Josh Jones, Ezra Cleveland, of Austin Jackson later on.

I agree here.  If the jets go wr at 11, it’s either lamb or ruggs for the explosiveness.  It’s not a commentary on how i view jeudy, but this is what i think douglas will do.  

The jets have historically had among the worst offensive skill talent in the league, and besides Robbie, all the impact players have been from FA.  Douglas can change this very quickly.  Draft ruggs, then draft another wr in the 3rd and all of a sudden you have to cover 5 guys.  Ruggs, crowder, perriman, herndon, bell and, say, Pittman.  Jets would be instantly formidable, and the OL could still be fortified.  And this is before adding more speed at rb.  But it starts with ruggs or lamb.  I think lamb is squarely in play at 11.  

• Upvote 1