Draft Rumors

SR24

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If you're Tepper and Rhule, you taking Andrew Thomas or Isaiah Simmons?  Dumb teams currently ahead of the Jets- Washington, Giants, Arizona, Jacksonville, maybe Detroit. Cross Washignton off as they're taking Young anyways. The tackles (assuming they're as graded as high as advertised) just feel like they're gonna go quick. Gettelman doing something stupid is likely, so hope for that.

Giants make sense with the Gettleman gold jacket thing. He loves athletes too. Simmons to me would be that guy in this draft but maybe OL too.

The other thing I’ve read is Atlanta is looking to move up for Simmons, not a corner. In a division with McCaffrey and Kamara...that makes more sense to me than the corner thing.

Arizona and Detroit like you said as well. Cardinals could use some defense. Pats style defenses use hybrids well. 

Could absolutely see the Jets taking him too which, and I get he’s talented, would be tough to swallow.

• Upvote 1

The Dolphins have contacted teams ahead of them in the draft order about a potential move up the board, per Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (Twitter link). Instead of targeting a quarterback, however, Miami would be looking at an offensive tackle. The Dolphins — who currently hold the fifth overall selection — have spoken with the Lions about acquiring the No. 3 pick, per RapSheet.

18 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Moving up from 5 to 3 for an OT is 100% not happening. You can stay there and get  one of the big 4. It’s misinformation to try and keep the Chargers from moving up.

Idk why the Chargers would be moving up.  They're not going QB

5 minutes ago, derp said:

Giants make sense with the Gettleman gold jacket thing. He loves athletes too. Simmons to me would be that guy in this draft but maybe OL too.

The other thing I’ve read is Atlanta is looking to move up for Simmons, not a corner. In a division with McCaffrey and Kamara...that makes more sense to me than the corner thing.

Arizona and Detroit like you said as well. Cardinals could use some defense. Pats style defenses use hybrids well. 

Could absolutely see the Jets taking him too which, and I get he’s talented, would be tough to swallow.

My thinking is these teams ahead of us end up not falling in love with any of the defensive guys (maybe even Okudah too) and just go with the sure thing OT...and worst case they become a guard. They're all excellent athletes.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

My thinking is these teams ahead of us end up not falling in love with any of the defensive guys (maybe even Okudah too) and just go with the sure thing OT...and worst case they become a guard. They're all excellent athletes.

Okudah is not making it out of the top 10. I suppose Simmons could because it's debatable how much of an impact he will really have at the position ("hybrid") he plays. But not Okudah. Someone is taking the stud corner. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

Okay? I’m still gonna speculate that the Chargers want Tua and the Dolphins are trying to keep the Chargers behind them.

It's just my opinion but from everything I heard I think the QB's will drop out of the top 10. I actually think Love will go before Herbert. When scouts are saying the media are way off on their assessment of the draft and prospects they're not lying.  There is way more concern about Tua then what is being said and Herbert  could quite possibly be the 4th QB off the board. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think in the scenario that four tackles are off the board along with Burrow and Young there has to be someone left with trade value. Jeudy, Lamb, Okudah, Simmons, Herbert, Tua...drop down a bit and reassess.

I do think the top ten is going to be wild. Every defensive player and quarterback is a huge win. Hope there’s some positivity before the Jets pick.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It's just my opinion but from everything I heard I think the QB's will drop out of the top 10. I actually think Love will go before Herbert. When scouts are saying the media are way off on their assessment of the draft and prospects they're not lying.  There is way more concern about Tua then what is being said and Herbert  could quite possibly be the 4th QB off the board. 

Tua is probably going in the top 10. Herbert sucks. That’s the reason why it’s dumb for the Dolphins to trade up to take a tackle. Chargers are moving into a new stadium in a city that hasn’t embraced them with new uniforms. They’re not skipping on Tua.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

FWIW, Pauline has Wirfs to the Giants (which would be extremely Gettleman) and Simmons to the Panthers. I get what you’re saying and it makes sense, but I think some of these GMs get freaked out at the prospect of bypassing freaky athletes because they won’t be available later on. But who knows

Just now, jetsons said:

It also helps "seeing ghosts" when you KNOW you have ZERO time to throw the ball... Sam Is a VERY Good QB... who could be Very Great given the TIME to throw.

1.  You guys have to stop making believe he had "ZERO time"on every play. #exaggeration. Darnold made some good plays when he had time, and he made some bad ones too. It wasn't all the OL. It was Darnold also.

2.  Saying Sam is a "VERY good QB" is based on nothing factual. It's purely you letting you fandom cloud your judgement.  He's played two seasons, and hasn't been better than a bottom 10 QB either year. No way that is a "VERY good QB". Sorry.

3.  Saying he "could be Very Great given the TIME to throw" What the heck, we're Jets fans. If we can't hope and dream for pie in the sky, what else have we got going for us? At this point, I'd be happy if he ends up being somewhere between 12-18 in the league. That would be a big step forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

With who? For what? I’m not trading down to 21 with the eagles if I’m not getting much back

If all the OTs Joe D likes at #11 are gone, and he's not in love with a WR there, I've warmed up to the idea of trading down with the Eagles. Any trade would have to start with their second rounder. So the Jets trade something like their #11 and #211 for the Eagles' #21, #53, #103. For a team with as many holes as the Jets have, that's a deal. That would give them two picks in each of the second, third, and fourth rounds. I'd like that. A lot. Wouldn't be my last deal of the draft, either. Maybe not my last deal of the day. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, slats said:

If all the OTs Joe D likes at #11 are gone, and he's not in love with a WR there, I've warmed up to the idea of trading down with the Eagles. Any trade would have to start with their second rounder. So the Jets trade something like their #11 and #211 for the Eagles' #21, #53, #103. For a team with as many holes as the Jets have, that's a deal. That would give them two picks in each of the second, third, and fourth rounds. I'd like that. A lot. Wouldn't be my last deal of the draft, either. Maybe not my last deal of the day. 

In this hypothetical where all liked OT’s are off the board, I don’t think the jets could do anything smarter than trade back. Jets are in the perfect spot to trade back with all WR’s presumably available. The three teams behind us all want wide outs. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

My top 10 picks I put out yesterday. 

1 1 Cincinnati Bengals - QB Joe Burrow

1 2 Washington Redskins - DE Chase Young

1 3 Detroit Lions - CB Jeff Okudah

1 4 New York Giants - T Jedrick Wills

1 5 Miami Dolphins - LT Andrew Thomas

1 6 Los Angeles Chargers - T Mekhi Becton

1 7 Carolina Panthers - LB Isaiah Simmons

1 8 Arizona Cardinals - T Tristan Wirfs

1 9 (TRADE via Jax) Denver Broncos - WR Jerry Jeudy

1 10 Cleveland Browns - T Ezra Cleveland

how Jetsy. 

Bring in Derrick Brown!

So a poster on another board who is a Dolphins fan and has some insider info spoke about the rumor of them trading up for an OT.

He said if they traded up, it would be for Andrew Thomas. He's not only the #1 OT on their board, but they have him graded as a Top 3 player overall. They also like Wills alot too though, who everyone is connecting to the Giants. But so is Andrew Thomas. Seems like Miami could be baiting the Giants, because rumor is the Chargers might be trying to trade up for Tua. And the Dolphins could be signaling to the Giants that if you trade down, we will take the OT you want.

A whole bunch of smoke if you ask me, so take it for what it's worth ??‍♂️

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

If the QBs start to fall, my bold prediction would be Herbert to JAX after a trade back to 14.  Tua to the Raiders at 12.  Jordan Love to the Broncos at 15.  Then the Dolphins sitting there at 18 scratching their heads.

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

In this hypothetical where all liked OT’s are off the board, I don’t think the jets could do anything smarter than trade back. Jets are in the perfect spot to trade back with all WR’s presumably available. The three teams behind us all want wide outs. 

And that trade I proposed is strictly by the chart. If you've got Denver and Atlanta also interested in moving up, you can potentially beat the chart by quite a bit. There could be a lot of reasons to get ahead of the Raiders, who also have the #19 pick. They could surprise at #12 and take a defender who dropped or a QB. They're a wildcard, and you know Denver would love to spoil any plan they might have. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Moving up from 5 to 3 for an OT is 100% not happening. You can stay there and get  one of the big 4. It’s misinformation to try and keep the Chargers from moving up.

Yep. There is absolutely no reason the Dolphins would allow word of a desire to take a quarterback later to leak out unless they didn't want the Chargers to trade them for their guy