Defense Wins Championship(s) 2020 Jet Nation Mock Draft (Building around Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

A few nice picks in there but unless the top  5 OT's are gone at 11, Joe D is taking one there or moving down.  He's building an NFL team, not a fantasy football team.

The consensus is that there are 4 top OT’s, I’m curious as to who your fifth is, Jones?

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

A few nice picks in there but unless the top  5 OT's are gone at 11, Joe D is taking one there or moving down.  He's building an NFL team, not a fantasy football team.

You keep using this line, Glenn as if there is no legitimate argument for taking Jeudy and Wilson instead of settling for whatever tackle is left and then again settling for whatever second tier WR is left.

Using fantasy football in a discussion about the NFL is like calling someone any of the various ISTs in a political discussion , it's meant to gain leverage while backdoor ad hominem-ing anyone that disagrees. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This draft sucks and I'll tell you why: Nobody with a name ending in IANO is going to succeed in the NFL. Rich Miano is as close as we will come. That they squeezed in a Buoniconti is already too much to ask.

There are no good Italian athletes.

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Joejet said:

The consensus is that there are 4 top OT’s, I’m curious as to who your fifth is, Jones?

Yup.  Jones is a day one starter in the eyes of many evaluators.  I tend to agree.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Says the guy from a tribe that gets radiation sickness on a partly cloudy day.

Apologies for not getting our asses kicked by the Moors every few years like your ancestors did. On the plus side, you gained access to the good spices.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yup.  Jones is a day one starter in the eyes of many evaluators.  I tend to agree.  

Jones feels like a fit, but Isaiah Wilson feels like the type of lumbering tackles Douglas just let walk in Beachum and Shell, and he doesn’t seem to be athletic enough to have position versatility.

• Upvote 1

In oddly related news, Ralph Vacciano reports:

• SNY's Ralph Vacchiano reports the Jets have been eyeing Alabama WR Henry Ruggs "very closely."

Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, and CeeDee Lamb are all likely on the Jets' radar, but it's unclear what their order is. It's also unclear if they are leaning towards a receiver or an offensive tackle with their No. 11 pick. Vacchiano notes the Jets may go offensive tackle, assuming one of the consensus top four options are available, given the depth of the receiver position. One thing that is clear: Sam Darnold needs help. Jamison Crowder and Breshad Perriman are fine in their respected roles, but New York is missing an alpha receiver. Expect the Jets to go fishing for one with a top-100 pick.

RELATED: 
    Apr 15, 2020, 7:27 PM ET

•  
  • Upvote 1

To each our own but I'm sorry I am not taking the 4th or 5th rated tackle over....

#1 WR of this years draft class in Jerry Jeudy (The Headline of an All-Time Great 2020 WR Draft Class).

Sorry, it's not happening. 

Would you have selected the 4th or 5th rated OT... 

over either of Odell Beckham Jr. or Mike Evans of 2014?

I know I wouldn't have. 

This is 2014 all over again with Jeudy and CeeDee as can not miss prospects. 

If you would have selected the 4th or 5th (or even 3rd) rated Tackle over Mike Evans/Odell Beckham Jr. (2014) you'd deserved to be fired as an NFL GM.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

To each our own but I'm sorry I am not taking the 4th or 5th rated tackle over....

#1 WR of this years draft class in Jerry Jeudy (The Headline of an All-Time Great 2020 WR Draft Class).

I know I wouldn't have. 

If you would have selected the 4th or 5th (or even 3rd) rated Tackle over Mike Evans/Odell Beckham Jr. (2014) you'd deserved to be fired as an NFL GM.

Preach brother!! 

7 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I know I wouldn't have. 

The fourth tackle taken in the 2014 NFL draft was Zack Martin.

27 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You can not fix the O-Line over night, it's impossible but Sam Darnold needs weapons and not only did I provided him with 4 offensive play makers (one draft) but I also provided him with two high Offensive Lineman 2nd and 3rd round(s) and put Joe Douglas in position to focus on nothing but O-Line, CB - Edge come next year's draft class. 

QB: Sam Darnold. 

RB: A fully loaded backfield featuring 1-2 Punch of an All-Pro LeVeon Bell for Thunder and Lightning in Cam Akers who's the next Dalvin Cook and just as talented as (im an FSU fan since 15). 

WR Room now fully loaded featuring Jerry Jeudy, Jamison Crowder, Van Jefferson, Breshad Perriman and Isaiah Hodgins. 

TE's in Chris Herndon and Ryan Griffin.

And suddenly our offensive attack is fully loaded (over night) behind a much improved JD Offensive Line. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This. Definitely. JD already brought in a bunch of linemen. The "experts" on this board don't agree that he improved the line but, fortunately, none of the "experts" on this board are running the Jets draft. JD has a draft board with talent rated in descending order. If an OT is available at 11 that he rates above all the receivers is available, then he will take a tackle. But I doubt if more than 3 tackles are rated by JD above Jeudy/Lamb, and I would bet money (which I don't have by the way) that he doesn't have 5 tackles ranked above the receivers. If the highest ranked player on his board that is available is a receiver, then take the receiver!

4 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Round 3 (68) - Cam Akers - Running Back - Florida State

You lost me at this pick, and I was with you for the first two. We need receivers much more than we need running backs. With the quality of receivers in this year's draft we can get 2 great receivers, and should probably pick up another decent one in the middle/later rounds. Just because we can get a decent receiver in round 4 or 5 doesn't mean we should pass up taking a good/great receiver in round 3.