Joe Douglas walks away from 2020's NFL draft a JETS WINNER and we're immediately making the playoffs come 2020-2021 and beyond (and into the SB)

2 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’ve been hearing this crap for years about how this season will be different and the Jets are a lock for the playoffs and going to a SB. 

Not buying in this time. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Verify then trust.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Sams floor in my opinion is more like Dalton and the ceiling is Rogers. I have seen enough bad QB's come through  here to see the difference between Sam and them. He has the goods. The guy just needs time and someone that can do something after a catch. I would be doing cartwheels is we drafted Ruggs or Jeudy if the 4 tio OL are gone. 

If his ceiling is Rodgers then lots of QBs’ ceilings are Rodgers. His ceiling is not Rodgers — arguably the best passer that’s ever walked the earth.  

I’m quite sure I like Darnold better than @jgb but he’s not wrong in that the failure to produce as an elite QB so far doesn’t therefore mean he will do it with a better group around him. 

There are plenty of probowl QBs who’ve put up far better numbers, during seasons when the players around him are crap — whether due to bust picks, bust FAs, injuries promoting the undeserving, or just age. 

Everything that’s cold - even everything freezing - isn’t 0 Kelvin. Darnold doesn’t always have 1.5 seconds to throw or anything like that hyperbole. By the numbers the Jets’ QBs (Darnold and Falk both) had pressure in 2.5 seconds or less on 27% of dropbacks — an embarrassment from bad team-building, but that was 4th-worst. It’s also not significantly worse than others just-better: e.g. it’s roughly the same time-to-pressure as the 27% Russell Wilson suffered through (as he has had mostly meh or crap lines for most of his career), and most of the disparity is in low fractions of a second anyway. Never mind the Jets’ pass protection got noticeably better once Kalil was off the field, but most of Kalil’s action was with Falk not Darnold. Ditto Edoga, who was just awful as a rookie, but was only on the field for a minority percentage of Darnold’s snaps as well. 

Some seem have this idea that every other QB has 3.5-4 seconds to throw on 80% of their dropbacks. Part of what compounds the problem is Darnold takes longer to throw than most, so you never get to see it with QBs who get rid of it in <2.5 seconds like Brees & others. It’s also baseless that Watson would be lousy here because of the OL, when he’s had the worst protection in the league since entering it. Adding Tunsil mid-season last year made it better, but still not good. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If his ceiling is Rodgers then lots of QBs’ ceilings are Rodgers. His ceiling is not Rodgers — arguably the best passer that’s ever walked the earth.  

I’m quite sure I like Darnold better than @jgb but he’s not wrong in that the failure to produce as an elite QB so far doesn’t therefore mean he will do it with a better group around him. 

There are plenty of probowl QBs who’ve put up far better numbers, during seasons when the players around him are crap — whether due to bust picks, bust FAs, injuries promoting the undeserving, or just age. 

Everything that’s cold - even everything freezing - isn’t 0 Kelvin. Darnold doesn’t always have 1.5 seconds to throw or anything like that hyperbole. By the numbers the Jets’ QBs (Darnold and Falk both) had pressure in 2.5 seconds or less on 27% of dropbacks — an embarrassment from bad team-building, but that was 4th-worst. It’s also not significantly worse than others just-better: e.g. it’s roughly the same time-to-pressure as the 27% Russell Wilson suffered through (as he has had mostly meh or crap lines for most of his career), and most of the disparity is in low fractions of a second anyway. Never mind the Jets’ pass protection got noticeably better once Kalil was off the field, but most of Kalil’s action was with Falk not Darnold. Ditto Edoga, who was just awful as a rookie, but was only on the field for a minority percentage of Darnold’s snaps as well. 

Some seem have this idea that every other QB has 3.5-4 seconds to throw on 80% of their dropbacks. Part of what compounds the problem is Darnold takes longer to throw than most, so you never get to see it with QBs who get rid of it in <2.5 seconds like Brees & others. It’s also baseless that Watson would be lousy here because of the OL, when he’s had the worst protection in the league since entering it. Adding Tunsil mid-season last year made it better, but still not good. 

The most obvious symptom of Macc's mismanagement is that there are still wildly divergent opinions on Sam. Two years into his career and no one knows what he is. Even those who are bullish on him give him a Dalton floor and a Rogers ceiling. That describes most QBs drafted in the top 5 picks of the draft before they play a down in the NFL. What a blown opportunity.

And it's not that I don't like Sam. I want him to succeed as much as anyone. I'm just saying expectations should be tempered based on what we have seen so far.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, jgb said:

The most obvious symptom of Macc's mismanagement is that there are still wildly divergent opinions on Sam. Two years into his career and no one knows what he is. What a blown opportunity.

This I agree with. People feel one way or they feel the other way (or admit they don’t know for lack of playing with good opportunities). But entering year 3 we should know a lot more than his lower ranking plus the range of optimism of his ceiling.

It’s true his surrounding talent isn’t where it should be (for him or for any QB). That doesn’t therefore mean he’d be a top 5-10 QB if he had it, nor that he’d only be marginally better (but still not good enough) if he did. It’s insane that we’re still wondering beyond individual feelings one way or the other.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This I agree with. People feel one way or they feel the other way (or admit they don’t know for lack of playing with good opportunities). But entering year 3 we should know a lot more than his lower ranking plus the range of optimism of his ceiling.

It’s true his surrounding talent isn’t where it should be (for him or for any QB). That doesn’t therefore mean he’d be a top 5-10 QB if he had it, nor that he’d only be marginally better (but still not good enough) if he did. It’s insane that we’re still wondering beyond individual feelings one way or the other.  

Caught me mid-edit. It's crazy that what separates the Darnold "bears" from the Darnold "bulls" is floor/ceiling of Sanchez/Romo or Dalton/Rogers.

Basically both are agreeing that we don't have a clue who Sam is as a football player.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Caught me mid-edit. It's crazy that what separates the Darnold "bears" from the Darnold "bulls" is floor/ceiling of Sanchez/Romo or Dalton/Rogers.

Basically both are agreeing that we don't have a clue who Sam is as a football player.

I’m more bullish on him than you are. But not nearly as bullish as I was on other 3rd yr QBs like Watson or Mahomes or Jackson. As much as these stars may be the exceptions to the rule, this was the tier that the prospect Darnold supposedly belongs in, and is what made him worth the investment (for us or for anyone who might have taken him). He’s not on their level. 

It’s true the surrounding talent is largely doing him no favors, but that doesn’t make him an all pro who isn’t because Jets. 

I’m still trying to understand how (after passing on the opportunity to get the top choice of QBs in 2016) a GM passes on 2 more in 2017 because the following year’s class is supposed to be better than either of them, yet doesn’t see it as necessary to get any type of head start in 2017 towards players he’d have to huddle up with, instead opting for not one but two safeties with his premium picks to make the bed for his future savior. Then after trading all that to move up 3 slots for the leftover after picks 1-2, and lucking into his top choice, to go back to the DT well with his 3rd rounder (for a total project DT no less)? And then after a rough rookie year, went DT yet again with his #3 overall pick after that, and then a headcase LB with the pick after that.

Exactly when did it become easier to find cornerstone OL studs and WR playmakers (or even serviceable ones) on offense in rounds 3-7 than it is to find similar-level safeties and DTs there? 

Painfully stupid and shortsighted. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jgb said:

So we are “nearly there” with the AFC elite teams? Because of Darnold? What was our record the last two seasons with Darnold again?

The difference in treatment of Jamal and Darnold is comical.

"Safeties don't make an impact on the game. What was out record with Jamal? He didn't elevate the team and should be traded."

"Darnold only has a bad starting record because the rest of the team stinks."

QBs have 100x more impact on the game than safeties, yet fans want to put it all on Jamal while giving Darnold a pass. Bizarre.

Not me. 

I know that we're going to win with both of Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams (together) starting 2020.

And you're wrong about the Darnold excuses.

His team around him doesn't "stink".

However throughout the past two years his WR's and offensive lineman have been ranked dead last; and Sam Darnold still had a WINNING RECORD all of last year. 

You can take his rookie Win/Loss record of 2018 and throw it out the window due to

A.) Becoming the youngest starting QB of All-time (he wasn't allowed to ride the bench as Mahomes was able to during his rookie season)

B.) Quarterbacking with no WR or RB weapon's as the youngest rookie QB of All-Time. 

And C.) Quarterbacking behind makeshift and absolute horrendous offensive lineman ala the same O-Lineman who ended up getting Maccagnan fired and replaced by a former offensive lineman himself in Joe Douglas. 

He still finished 2018 as a rookie awesome (despite no offensive help whatsoever).

Sam-Darnold-Grades.jpg

And did you not watch Darnold go 6-2 during our last 8 games despite playing for the 2nd most injury depleted team in NFL history last year while (still) lighting it up @ 163/267 (61%), 1,947 passing yards, 15 offensive TD's/4 INT's and a beautiful QB Rating of 93.5?!?

Joe Douglas wins 2020's draft and we're easily a playoff team behind a much improved Sam Darnold offensive attack and a self made and playoff ready Defense already in place come 2020.

And PS: Fans such as yourself can not tell me jack squat about Sam Darnold and/or our ability to win with him moving forward...

As I don't only support him as an awesome QB because of him being a JET.

but I've actually loved his QB ability and potential greatness since dating back to his Freshman Year @ USC and and as an NYJ fan I have wanted him a Jet ever since (see for yourselves).

Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships on September, 27th, 2017

When was the last time we drafted a QB with the 1st overall pick?

"The answer would be  dating back to 1965 (with the drafting of Joe Namath). 

Look.

I've been known as being a big time homer of a fan over the years.

even wanted to see us make the playoffs heading into 2017 but after our 1st two loses at 0-2, I've realized that 2017 is not the year to be a homer.

We aren't making the playoffs and may not even win 3 or 4 games.

We don't have a franchise QB either.

And I'm tired of not having a franchise qb to build our Franchise around.

It sucks to say it, but i just want 2017 to be over with already.

I'm already ready for the offseason, along with the number one overall draft pick in order to draft Sam Darnold.

(along with a boat load of cap space in order to splurge on free agents with.

That could finally then become an exciting time (for us long time suffering Jet fans).

I gave this 2017 Jets team a chance to win early on.

I wanted the playoffs.

But It's not reality.

They've already failed two weeks in a row at 0-2.

I now want them to lose (in order for an exciting future).

I hope the 49ers win tonight.

Yes.

Even i, myself ("DWC") wants to suck for Sam with a #1 overall draft pick.

We haven't drafted a QB #1 overall since dating back to Joe Namath...

It's been far too long.

Call me a negative Nancy.

I've joined the dark side.

and hope to see old man Josh McCown suck it up each and every week (as the career losing jag in which he's always been)"

Heading into that game (above) I was excited to watch Saquan Barkley (didn't know much about Darnold on the West Coast) due to Saquan Barkley being my favorite NCAA RB since dating back to Adrian Peterson (I love football on Saturdays too).

However...

I forever left that Rose Bowl Game a diehard fan of Sam Darnold. 

And as an NY Jets fan I can not imagine Sam Darnold one day a JET! (can only dream). 

33/53 (62.2%), 453 Yards, 5 TD's/1 INT, QB Rating sky high and the Rose Bowl's M.V.P. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

1893009882_cfhzfetxezdupq2vqatz(1).thumb.jpeg.a5674bc050923bac425a682a01b0c9ea.jpeg

Sam Darnold saved us. 

Not a lot of NFL teams currently have great depth to begin with (and we most certainly don't).

However - no need to continue panicking -

PS: and don't go out there attempting to trade away the farm @ the same time while doing so either -

No need to do any of the two

Because we as an NYJ fan base is on the verge of witnessing Joe Douglas build around two cornerstone players (Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams) begining this coming Thursday - and absolutely going offensive craved for the first time in a really long time. 

jamal_adams_sam_darnold.thumb.jpg.bcdf4c414b92f36473989ec4c084585b.jpg

usatsi_13766913-e1575931224823.jpg.2c0379b03c55aa7b9c69380fbb851e56.jpg

pqf3mqa1tuk31.thumb.jpg.481796f751cb666e9e0d924b9da96b55.jpg

Jamal-Adams-Sam-Darnold.thumb.jpg.5eb8fef58be58e8397e247ea570f97d2.jpg

The wait is over (I see it). 

Our time is now (you feel it). 

And these two veterans are here to help guide them into leadership status

le-veon_bell_cj_mosley.thumb.jpg.15fbb05f2465a8499f1ea07af56bf0e8.jpg

The writing is on the wall with a Bradyless Division.

1818160972_image(1).thumb.jpg.7bb4746cd2e9582d845a92b19cde1991.jpg

He's coming for you Hoyer. 

It's about to become NYJ's time to shine throughout the 2020's

and right alongside of Kansas City, Baltimore, Houston and can now welcome (with open arms) those lovable Cincinnati Bengals to the AFC Conference 2020's party (State of Ohio's only team on the verge of featuring a real Franchise Caliber signal caller SEC's and LSU's Joe Burrow). 

Patrick Mahomes (Franchise qb). 

Deshaun Watson (Franchise qb).

Lamar Jackson (Franchise qb).

Sam Darnold (Franchise qb). 

Joe Burrow (Franchise hopeful qb). 

£ Who here would've thought that...

Now that we're able to date and look back (to I believe 37 years ago) throughout our Kelly/Marino/Brady journey and to think that before heading into Thursday's draft losing teams (historically speaking) such as the lowly...

Kansas City Chiefs Combined total of 2 SB's 1969-70 season and 2019 last year as the only year separating us two franchises. 

Houston Oilers/Texans they started with us in the East same division with NYJ, BUF and Boston and their last league championship was back in 1961. Before Namath of 68 yes it's been that long for them too. 

Cleveland Browns now Baltimore Ravens (They've been here before) but this time with a running QB in Lamar. Who's been amazing regular season's but awful only come 0-2 playoffs (pure greatness as he's Vick on another level to me) and no Ed Reed and Ray Lewis when you need them most and that's inside the huddle especially once it's time for the (PLAYOFFS). 

Would all be respected football teams while currently being held with such high regards heading into 2K20? Could you have imagined it? 

¥ Who would've thunk it?

Because we're right there folks. 

(despite currently being on the outside looking in think back to heading into 2009 with a playoff ready Defense still in search of a Rookie Franchise hopeful)

We're truly on the verge of becoming ready to breakthrough these AFC doors; but this time with a Franchise Savior Quarterback (already in place) while JD begibs our building around our QB position...

• Do we go Jerry Jeudy and draft 2020's 1st rounds prized WR and go WR RD1 for the first time in 19 years (2001)

While @ the same time creating ourselves a dynamic offensive attack and one that could become just as exciting as INDY's offense once was when they featured a younger QB/WR/RB trio of Manning/Harrison/Edge 

With our very own 2020's version of a NYJet trio featuring Sam Darnold, Jerry Jeudy and Le'Veon Bell?

• Do we go D'Brickishaw 2006 dejavu all over again (14 years ago) and pull the trigger on one of the top 3 Hogs up front with a former O-Lineman himself in JD calling the shots. 

While begining to build Sam Darnold a blindsided Joe Douglas Brick Wall and one that Le'Veon Bell can Pittsburgh All-Pro run wild again. 

In order for our kid gun QB to scan the field with more pocket protection consisting of less collapses and decreased chance of blindside mistakes/injuries/turnovers/loses (due to the offense)?

• Who knows.  

√ What I do know is that we're on the brink of something different and for us to just wait until 2020's draft takes place in order to witness what is about to happen...

and then we'll be able to see, picture and visualize just how good Sam Darnold is really going to look like (afterwards) by the time that Joe Douglas takes to the podium in order for his press conference; 

because our Jets offense is going to be lit on ? for a 3rd year Gun Slinger. 

What do you think is about to happen? 

Three young offensive minds Douglas, Darnold and Gase (with one crazed maniac Defensive football player #33 demanding for more pass rushing dogs) in the same room...

Di6EliDX0AA9qau.jpg.e2a84f600e667626b7e4ab4971a4ea32.jpg

don't look now but here come the 2020's version of the New York Jets. 

Sam Darnold saved us guys.

He's got us in position to win today and strike right now (starting and come Thursday) and our offense has a lot of building blocks full of quality starters (already in place). 

QB: Sam Darnold (Franchise Caliber). 

WR1: Jerry Jeudy (example). 

RB1: Le'Veon Bell (61 receptions (2019). 

Slot: Jamison Crowder (awesome).

TE:1 Chris Herndon (The U). 

WR2: Perriman (replacing Robby as another take the top off a defense speed demon and former 1st round pick). 

TE2: Ryan Griffin (another pass catching weapon for the kid QB). 

RB2: Cam Akers (as a Dalvin Cook FSU clone and yet another dynamic offensive weapon for Sam Darnold) come the 4th quarters - once a workhorse bell cow in Le'Veon has rushed the ball 20+ times - and in comes the blazing 20 year old with Florida State wheels type of Leon Washington on steroids Cam Akers to bust a game opener 40+ yards off a run, draw, reverse or HB screen etc). 

Offensive Weapon's everywhere all different types of unique skillets too 

behind a JD improved off-season FA/2nd Round/1 more 3rd/4th/5th/6th x2 in order to improve our olineman talent. 

I look at Buffalo (only 1 or 2 wins at most against above .500 teams last year) with a QB with a 56% career completion percentage and not a lot of well known proven depth come on they had the same easy schedule as us last year and they got whooped every time they played a winning team and if not for C.J Mosley going down week 1 down 16 they don't win; just like they didn't win up 16 2nd half Houston playoffs; frauds with a glorified runner and thrower of the football think Hack like %'s instead of a Franchise guaranteed QB. 

I look at N.E with nothing but Hoyer @ QB and no depth throughout it's roster. No more legends on D for N.E as for Bill 08 12 years ago and no more #12 to draft around. Bill could be looking @ Cleveland 2.0 Vinny T days. 

Miami doesn't even have well know starters (despite beating us) and I highly doubt they're loaded with depth players after they've tanked away all of their true talent in order so they could suck for Tua (out of a Historical Defensive SEC Conference).

unnamed.png.c51a79a0a247d8e4e56824f5bdeff2ab.png

Well good luck lasting 1-3 years kid is all I can say because we've got a bunch of SEC Crazed Defensive DOGS coming for that SEC Rookie ass within the form of a mean Wolfpack leader and dog himself Gregg Williams now dialing up the X's and O's consisting of multiple blitz packages that you've probably never experienced before while being asked to line up against the best of the SEC's best and up against an SEC All-Star team being led by

Jamal Adams (LSU).

CJ Mosley (Alabama).

Quinnen Williams (Alabama).

Avery Williamson (Kentucky).

Marcus Maye (Florida).

Brian Pool (Florida).

Jordan Jenkins (Georgia).

Kenny Phillips (Tennessee).

Jerry Jeudy (Alabama) no longer running elite routes for you @ WR anymore and is now lined up opposite of your Defense).

3b8dd0ee6ea79075f7ae9467b3c27dd6.jpg.1e750a829d38e8660f2a46f5b8844684.jpg

An SEC built NFL Defense ready and ready to rip his head off come Sundays (no longer Saturdays) while introducing him to the NFL (8 SEC players vs. 1 QB).

Both James Burgess (Homestead, Florida) and Neville Hewitt (Conyers, Georgia) played outside of SEC however still born and raised within the defensive crazed SOUTH (ball players). 

And don't forget about our two NYC born and raised underdogs from Queens and home grown talents (2018/2019) back to back drafts now playing alongside of those Southern SEC crazed roughnecks in...

queensborobridge_westarca_9095__large.thumb.jpg.ea7f235be759e3927b5a3e8cd786bc92.jpg

Folorunso Fatukasi (Far Rockaway, QUEENS)!

Blessuan Austin (Cambria Heights, QUEENS)!

Statue-of-Liberty-2-scaled.thumb.jpg.36e2b7bd0e908c5772ac1cda74ca2e6a.jpg

In closing the best news of it all?

This is only JDs first draft.

And he's already in position to strike an NFL grand slam during our first 3 rounds with 4 awesome picks @

&

That could be 2000 Jets type of potential coming up this week -

with starters drafted everywhere (but this time all 4 on offense)

Ellis, Abe, Penny and Becht (four 1st rounders and Coles (3rd, pick 78)

JD has an opportunity of building around a Franchise QB who's only 22 years of age coming up (and right around the corner too).

It's a process.

However...

No more looking for Sanchez/Petty/Hack types of QBs before suffering with Geno/Fitz/McCown type of JAG options. 

JD/Darnold/Gase are about to rejuvenate our entire offense (behind a playoff ready and self made Defense waiting in place). 

Joe Douglas hits a Grand Slam throughout his draft and our 2020 New York Jets

=

2020 AFC East Divisional Champions

with a postseason AFC Championship Game matchup of...

Jets: Darnold/Jeudy/Herndon/Crowder/Le'Veon/Akers/Adams and the Jets Defense. 

vs.

Chiefs: Mahomes/Hill/Kelce/Watkins/McCoy/Williams/Mathieu/ and the Chiefs Defense. 

0883476080208_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg.f15742a62dc242c9cd1deade473f1f78.jpg

Jets are going to the SB (2009 all over again but this time led by a 3rd year Darnold (with weapons) who finally gets us past 1998/2009/2010 and back into 1968/1969. 

ihptt9wfxpzvrigy4s6m.thumb.jpeg.ab5072fd5d5d96ee250c3e0df4722620.jpeg

imagining-detailing-the-perfect-new-york-jets-2019-season.thumb.jpg.c7adb05e261e61fe2748787bf74eba53.jpg

Soon to be NFL & NYC/NJ Champions (Kelly/Marino/Brady can't stop us now).

Boy I love reading comic books! Its the bright colorful pictures that keep me interested! Every lick of the thumb, every kapow! Turn of the page! 

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

1893009882_cfhzfetxezdupq2vqatz(1).thumb.jpeg.a5674bc050923bac425a682a01b0c9ea.jpeg

Sam Darnold saved us. 

Not a lot of NFL teams currently have great depth to begin with (and we most certainly don't).

PS: and don't go out there attempting to trade away the farm @ the same time while doing so either -

Because we as an NYJ fan base is on the verge of witnessing Joe Douglas build around two cornerstone players (Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams) begining this coming Thursday - and absolutely going offensive craved for the first time in a really long time. 

and right alongside of Kansas City, Baltimore, Houston and can now welcome (with open arms) those lovable Cincinnati Bengals to the AFC Conference 2020's party (State of Ohio's only team on the verge of featuring a real Franchise Caliber signal caller SEC's and LSU's Joe Burrow). 

Now that we're able to date and look back (to I believe 37 years ago) throughout our Kelly/Marino/Brady journey and to think that before heading into Thursday's draft losing teams (historically speaking) such as the lowly...

Kansas City Chiefs Combined total of 2 SB's 1969-70 season and 2019 last year as the only year separating us two franchises. 

Houston Oilers/Texans they started with us in the East same division with NYJ, BUF and Boston and their last league championship was back in 1961. Before Namath of 68 yes it's been that long for them too. 

Cleveland Browns now Baltimore Ravens (They've been here before) but this time with a running QB in Lamar. Who's been amazing regular season's but awful only come 0-2 playoffs (pure greatness as he's Vick on another level to me) and no Ed Reed and Ray Lewis when you need them most and that's inside the huddle especially once it's time for the (PLAYOFFS). 

Would all be respected football teams while currently being held with such high regards heading into 2K20? Could you have imagined it? 

¥ Who would've thunk it?

(despite currently being on the outside looking in think back to heading into 2009 with a playoff ready Defense still in search of a Rookie Franchise hopeful)

We're truly on the verge of becoming ready to breakthrough these AFC doors; but this time with a Franchise Savior Quarterback (already in place) while JD begibs our building around our QB position...

• Do we go Jerry Jeudy and draft 2020's 1st rounds prized WR and go WR RD1 for the first time in 19 years (2001)

While @ the same time creating ourselves a dynamic offensive attack and one that could become just as exciting as INDY's offense once was when they featured a younger QB/WR/RB trio of Manning/Harrison/Edge 

With our very own 2020's version of a NYJet trio featuring Sam Darnold, Jerry Jeudy and Le'Veon Bell?

• Do we go D'Brickishaw 2006 dejavu all over again (14 years ago) and pull the trigger on one of the top 3 Hogs up front with a former O-Lineman himself in JD calling the shots. 

While begining to build Sam Darnold a blindsided Joe Douglas Brick Wall and one that Le'Veon Bell can Pittsburgh All-Pro run wild again. 

In order for our kid gun QB to scan the field with more pocket protection consisting of less collapses and decreased chance of blindside mistakes/injuries/turnovers/loses (due to the offense)?

• Who knows.  

√ What I do know is that we're on the brink of something different and for us to just wait until 2020's draft takes place in order to witness what is about to happen...

and then we'll be able to see, picture and visualize just how good Sam Darnold is really going to look like (afterwards) by the time that Joe Douglas takes to the podium in order for his press conference; 

Three young offensive minds Douglas, Darnold and Gase (with one crazed maniac Defensive football player #33 demanding for more pass rushing dogs) in the same room...

He's got us in position to win today and strike right now (starting and come Thursday) and our offense has a lot of building blocks full of quality starters (already in place). 

WR2: Perriman (replacing Robby as another take the top off a defense speed demon and former 1st round pick). 

RB2: Cam Akers (as a Dalvin Cook FSU clone and yet another dynamic offensive weapon for Sam Darnold) come the 4th quarters - once a workhorse bell cow in Le'Veon has rushed the ball 20+ times - and in comes the blazing 20 year old with Florida State wheels type of Leon Washington on steroids Cam Akers to bust a game opener 40+ yards off a run, draw, reverse or HB screen etc). 

behind a JD improved off-season FA/2nd Round/1 more 3rd/4th/5th/6th x2 in order to improve our olineman talent. 

I look at Buffalo (only 1 or 2 wins at most against above .500 teams last year) with a QB with a 56% career completion percentage and not a lot of well known proven depth come on they had the same easy schedule as us last year and they got whooped every time they played a winning team and if not for C.J Mosley going down week 1 down 16 they don't win; just like they didn't win up 16 2nd half Houston playoffs; frauds with a glorified runner and thrower of the football think Hack like %'s instead of a Franchise guaranteed QB. 

I look at N.E with nothing but Hoyer @ QB and no depth throughout it's roster. No more legends on D for N.E as for Bill 08 12 years ago and no more #12 to draft around. Bill could be looking @ Cleveland 2.0 Vinny T days. 

Miami doesn't even have well know starters (despite beating us) and I highly doubt they're loaded with depth players after they've tanked away all of their true talent in order so they could suck for Tua (out of a Historical Defensive SEC Conference).

Well good luck lasting 1-3 years kid is all I can say because we've got a bunch of SEC Crazed Defensive DOGS coming for that SEC Rookie ass within the form of a mean Wolfpack leader and dog himself Gregg Williams now dialing up the X's and O's consisting of multiple blitz packages that you've probably never experienced before while being asked to line up against the best of the SEC's best and up against an SEC All-Star team being led by

Jamal Adams (LSU).

CJ Mosley (Alabama).

Marcus Maye (Florida).

Brian Pool (Florida).

Jerry Jeudy (Alabama) no longer running elite routes for you @ WR anymore and is now lined up opposite of your Defense).

An SEC built NFL Defense ready and ready to rip his head off come Sundays (no longer Saturdays) while introducing him to the NFL (8 SEC players vs. 1 QB).

Both James Burgess (Homestead, Florida) and Neville Hewitt (Conyers, Georgia) played outside of SEC however still born and raised within the defensive crazed SOUTH (ball players). 

And don't forget about our two NYC born and raised underdogs from Queens and home grown talents (2018/2019) back to back drafts now playing alongside of those Southern SEC crazed roughnecks in...

queensborobridge_westarca_9095__large.thumb.jpg.ea7f235be759e3927b5a3e8cd786bc92.jpg

And he's already in position to strike an NFL grand slam during our first 3 rounds with 4 awesome picks @

&

JD has an opportunity of building around a Franchise QB who's only 22 years of age coming up (and right around the corner too).

It's a process.

However...

No more looking for Sanchez/Petty/Hack types of QBs before suffering with Geno/Fitz/McCown type of JAG options. 

JD/Darnold/Gase are about to rejuvenate our entire offense (behind a playoff ready and self made Defense waiting in place). 

=

vs.

Chiefs: Mahomes/Hill/Kelce/Watkins/McCoy/Williams/Mathieu/ and the Chiefs Defense. 

Jets are going to the SB (2009 all over again but this time led by a 3rd year Darnold (with weapons) who finally gets us past 1998/2009/2010 and back into 1968/1969. 

imagining-detailing-the-perfect-new-york-jets-2019-season.thumb.jpg.c7adb05e261e61fe2748787bf74eba53.jpg

Boy I love reading comic books! Its the bright colorful pictures that keep me interested! Every lick of the thumb, every kapow! Turn of the page! 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I guess is what happens when you stuck in the house for weeks on end with the wife and kids, lol.  Seriously though, I never like to criticize any attempt at optimism so I won't do so here, even it is over the top.   All I can say we are definitely due for something good to happen to this franchise.    I hope you are right.

Certain types Jet fans don't realize we already have a playoff ready defense being led by Gregg Williams. 

We have an excellent Franchise QB under center. 

We're simply an improved O-Line and one or two offensive play makers away from winning the AFC East and making the Playoffs. 

And Joe Douglas will improve our o-line and offensive talent come the draft. 

I was laughed @ in 2009 heading into our Sanchez draft. Created threads here on JN and JI Praising our defense, O-Line and only a QB away. I was mocked. 

Don't make me begin to quote those 2009 off-season threads and bring them back to life. Because I will. And expose a lot of you. 

Some of the same ones laughing me off today were the same ones doing it to me after 2008 before even heading into 09's draft.

After I post these 09 threads after work we'll see who has the last laugh.

Deal, guys?

I was HATED as only a going on 23-24 year old kid with defensive knowledge and was mocked by grown 40-60 year old men caller me a freaking "HOMER" for being right and them lol being wrong;

and alllllllll the way into back to back AFC Championship Games led by a rookie QB, O-Line and a GREAT REX RYAN led DEFENSE. 

And I've got threads and a posting history to prove it.

Do you? Nope. 

Will I? Yes. 

Can you? Nope. lol.

And it was me.

I predicted and called for a great defense under Rex, 1x Pro Bowl baby Revis and David Harris "here in 2009" but a QB and an offensive attack away. I was right.

2020 I'm predicting and calling for a great Defense under Gregg Williams, 2x Pro Bowler a baby Jamal Adams with C.J Mosley returning; and an O-Line and WR away. I'm going to be right again.

Even 2010 too. 

I was mocked for the Jets "backing into playoffs wk 17 Cincy playing for nothing",

"Sanchez accuracy percentages"

"Holmes is a locker room cancer"

"Jets couldn't beat Indy on the road"

"Jets will come back down to earth 2010"

Oh my freaking god after work we're having a party here on the JN/JI/TGG (we were allll here or there) while reliving who was right and who was wrong. Who was laughed @ and who really did the laughing (DWC)

875765481_tenor(3).gif.590b1efeccbef61f21c308f11cfd815f.gif

You guys asked for it. 

#WillBecomeExposed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, jgb said:

What's your floor/ceiling comp?

lol I honestly have none in mind in terms of comps. 

Put it this way, his floor is too low where we should move on instead of doubling down, and his ceiling is high enough to win with given a complete team around him on both sides (with good-enough coaching). e.g. I think his potential ceiling is north of Eli's, and that was good enough to win 2 rings. Will that actually be his ceiling (with or without the rings)? I don't know, and I don't have some definitive feeling one way or the other.

He's got some x-factor that even good game managers don't have, and he makes a lot of careless mistakes that good game managers don't. Some of that carelessness is the rest of the cast, some of that is a function of growing - not everyone matures at the same pace, just because others did - and some of that is that's what he is. I don't agree that the player he was by 21-22, less than a decade after puberty first started, is the player he's destined to be through the rest of his 20s and 30s. It might be, and it might not be.

I tend to think he'll get better over time and not stay the same, since that's true for most starters. The $100MM question is how much better that will be, and whether it's enough. And unless he becomes Watson with a stronger arm, we're not going to find out quickly enough by adding 1-2 offensive upgrades per year IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Ok, if you think the Teaxans OL was actually worse than what we put out there last season, there really isn't  much to discuss. And as far as Sam's time to throw, that number is skewed by the number of times he is scrambling away from free runners. Look at how long he held the ball on the two point conversuon against the Bills. That must have been over 5 seconds. 

42 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, if you think the Teaxans OL was actually worse than what we put out there last season, there really isn't  much to discuss. And as far as Sam's time to throw, that number is skewed by the number of times he is scrambling away from free runners. Look at how long he held the ball on the two point conversuon against the Bills. That must have been over 5 seconds. 

Yes, time-to-pressure to start Watson's career was worse than the 2019 Jets' line Darnold played behind. Darnold didn't even play behind the league's worst line this one worst year alone (though it was clearly among the worst). As he started, Watson was facing pressure 20x/game. The difference is he's elite in dealing with it. So is Wilson. 

Plus I already said it's time to pressure, which ranks the line, which is superior or equivalent to at least a handful of other teams. Time to throw is something different, but if you want to make the argument that Darnold scrambles more than all mobile/running QBs that's going to be an uphill argument. He holds the ball longer. That will improve with experience, but he definitely does it. 

Your hyperbole (e.g. Darnold always has 1.5 seconds to throw) as well as an individual isolated play that is meaningless when averaged into hundreds of drop backs, is unconvincing.

Never mind the league's leading time to first pressure last year was 2.62 seconds (Green Bay), so your idea of how much better everyone else is? Well it's skewed to say the least. 

The line blocking for Darnold was not good enough. They should take a LT prospect with their first pick. It doesn't need to be be recreated into the worst line anyone has ever QB'd behind, which it most certainly was not. Not even this past year. 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Certain types Jet fans don't realize we already have a playoff ready defense being led by Gregg Williams. 

We have an excellent Franchise QB under center. 

We're simply an improved O-Line and one or two offensive play makers away from winning the AFC East and making the Playoffs. 

And Joe Douglas will improve our o-line and offensive talent come the draft. 

I was laughed @ in 2009 heading into our Sanchez draft. Created threads here on JN and JI Praising our defense, O-Line and only a QB away. I was mocked. 

Don't make me begin to quote those 2009 off-season threads and bring them back to life. Because I will. And expose a lot of you. 

Some of the same ones laughing me off today were the same ones doing it to me after 2008 before even heading into 09's draft.

After I post these 09 threads after work we'll see who has the last laugh.

Deal, guys?

I was HATED as only a going on 23-24 year old kid with defensive knowledge and was mocked by grown 40-60 year old men caller me a freaking "HOMER" for being right and them lol being wrong;

and alllllllll the way into back to back AFC Championship Games led by a rookie QB, O-Line and a GREAT REX RYAN led DEFENSE. 

And I've got threads and a posting history to prove it.

Do you? Nope. 

Will I? Yes. 

Can you? Nope. lol.

And it was me.

I predicted and called for a great defense under Rex, 1x Pro Bowl baby Revis and David Harris "here in 2009" but a QB and an offensive attack away. I was right.

2020 I'm predicting and calling for a great Defense under Gregg Williams, 2x Pro Bowler a baby Jamal Adams with C.J Mosley returning; and an O-Line and WR away. I'm going to be right again.

Even 2010 too. 

I was mocked for the Jets "backing into playoffs wk 17 Cincy playing for nothing",

"Sanchez accuracy percentages"

"Holmes is a locker room cancer"

"Jets couldn't beat Indy on the road"

"Jets will come back down to earth 2010"

Oh my freaking god after work we're having a party here on the JN/JI/TGG (we were allll here or there) while reliving who was right and who was wrong. Who was laughed @ and who really did the laughing (DWC)

875765481_tenor(3).gif.590b1efeccbef61f21c308f11cfd815f.gif

You guys asked for it. 

#WillBecomeExposed. 

On your previous Ginormous post you listed a Jet DE Kenny Phillips from Tennessee. Its Kyle Phillips.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sam Darnold saved us. 

¥ Who would've thunk it?

• Who knows.  

Jamal Adams (LSU).

CJ Mosley (Alabama).

Marcus Maye (Florida).

Brian Pool (Florida).

&

It's a process.

However...

=

vs.

can't dislike the optimism.  some good truths in here.  maybe people should be playing the draft pick positions in lotto.

35 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yes, time-to-pressure to start Watson's career was worse than the 2019 Jets' line Darnold played behind. Darnold didn't even play behind the league's worst line this one worst year alone (though it was clearly among the worst). As he started, Watson was facing pressure 20x/game. The difference is he's elite in dealing with it. So is Wilson. 

Plus I already said it's time to pressure, which ranks the line, which is superior or equivalent to at least a handful of other teams. Time to throw is something different, but if you want to make the argument that Darnold scrambles more than all mobile/running QBs that's going to be an uphill argument. He holds the ball longer. That will improve with experience, but he definitely does it. 

Your hyperbole (e.g. Darnold always has 1.5 seconds to throw) as well as an individual isolated play that is meaningless when averaged into hundreds of drop backs, is unconvincing.

Never mind the league's leading time to first pressure last year was 2.62 seconds (Green Bay), so your idea of how much better everyone else is? Well it's skewed to say the least. 

The line blocking for Darnold was not good enough. They should take a LT prospect with their first pick. It doesn't need to be be recreated into the worst line anyone has ever QB'd behind, which it most certainly was not. Not even this past year. 

I go by my eyes. What I saw was Sam getting pressured up the middle constantly. The Pats took him apart with pressure up the middle, so did the Bengals.  It is the worst possible scenario because it's  the absolute shortest distance to cover for a rusher and the player is right in the QB's field of vision.  I don't  know if Wilson and Watson had to deal with that but I personally think it wasn't just time to pressure but the kind of pressure. If Sam can't  handle  rushers coming of the edges, that is a huge problem because that is where the leagues best specialist are going to be and you need to know how to set them up and buy time but when teams are consistently  coming right through the middle of the line, that is going to most likely be a negative play. Young had an interesting  way to think about the pocket. He called the left side the livingroom and the right side the den and what was in front of him was his kitchen. He said guests should be in the livingroom or den, that is fine with him but stay out of my kitchen. 

Let's  also not forget It isn't just the OL, it was poor play calling, it was not getting anything out of the run game, it was having no legit WR unless you think Anderson was legit, I never did, it was a constantly changing starting 11, it was playing under a bad coach his Rookie season and only a slightly better one in his sophmore year.  I don't really recall how Wilson's  first two years went but Carroll has been a fixture in Seattle  for a really long time and I believe the coaching situations in Houston is the same. We have asked Sam to overcone things a lot of the good QB's in todays league didn't  have to deal with, playing  behind a really bad OL is just one issue. That was really my point in my response you responded to, time to throw wasn't  the only issue. I also believe the Jets did Sanchez no favors either by constantly  changing WR's on him, for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

On your previous Ginormous post you listed a Jet DE Kenny Phillips from Tennessee. Its Kyle Phillips.

Oh well I was brain storming and had a typo, mistakes happen as I have multiple posts talking up Kyle Phillips as being yet another SEC NFL Sleeper pick. 

Still doesn't change the fact (spelling era) that we've got crazy talent on Defense everywhere; specifically and especially an SEC led and fully loaded SEC Defense who Tua is going to become and get brutalized by (already injury concerns heading in). 

Jamal Adams (LSU).

CJ Mosley (Alabama).

Quinnen Williams (Alabama).

Avery Williamson (Kentucky).

Marcus Maye (Florida).

Brian Pool (Florida).

Jordan Jenkins (Georgia).

Kyle Phillips (Tennessee).

These guys are coming to knock his block off 8 SEC NFL Professionals vs 1.

Good Luck rookie 

And his former SEC route runner (who did AWESOME without Tua while being injured) could be catching passes for Sam Sarnold in Jerry Jeudy.

5 hours ago, jgb said:

I've watched the games. This is my opinion. Bad QBs also look bad behind bad OLs. Every QB suffering behind a garbage OL isn't an elite-QB-in-disguise. 

But the opposite also isnt true.  Just because bad QBs have looked bad behind bad OLs doesn't mean that Sam struggling behind a hideous OL is what he is and always will be.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

But the opposite also isnt true.  Just because bad QBs have looked bad behind bad OLs doesn't mean that Sam struggling behind a hideous OL is what he is and always will be.

Of course. That's what I'm saying. The range of likely outcomes for Darnold still span a maddening range.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Of course. That's what I'm saying. The range of likely outcomes for Darnold still span a maddening range.

We should have a very clear perspective on Darnold by the end of 2020.

If he gets hurt, we know he's injury prone and not to be trusted.

And there will be no excuses for him sucking, I imagine.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

We should have a very clear perspective on Darnold by the end of 2020.

If he gets hurt, we know he's injury prone and not to be trusted.

And there will be no excuses for him sucking, I imagine.  

A vocal minority of this fanbase still wonders "what if" Sanchez or Geno "had weaponz."

Oh there will be excuses aplenty should Darnold fail to improve.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I totally agree but its that way for 90% of all young QBs in the first few years after drafted

Its just the way it is unless you find a Marino, Cam, Mahomes whoever