Jets Targeting Hennessey

SR24

36 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This would make sense but remember when the Jets were 'looking closely at Ruggs'? LOL

Bottom line, the Jets may like Hennessy but we really don't know who they will take. This could all be smoke. 

Most likely is.  Who in their right mind would be broadcasting that at this time?

28 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

On the one hand that's a badass last name but on the other those are jazz hands

He is my kinda OG/C...  I REALLY hope they land him.  I know it would be IDEAL if they traded back in the second round and get him PLUS another draft pick for trading down, but I like him so much, I would not be the least bit pissed off if they take him at 48.  

42 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This would make sense but remember when the Jets were 'looking closely at Ruggs'? LOL

Bottom line, the Jets may like Hennessy but we really don't know who they will take. This could all be smoke. 

Now it's likely they had an inkling the Raiders wanted Ruggs and were trying to bait them into a move up.  Never hurts to try.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Would be my top guy as previously stated 

Adding Hennessey is almost an imperative for the Jets considering their long line of elite centers...

Schmidt, Fields, Sweeney, Maewae, Mangold... and, now... We need Hennessey...

To be a long time  Jets fan is to be spoiled with the quality of your center...  The tradition must continue... 

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Adding Hennessey is almost an imperative for the Jets considering their long line of elite centers...

Schmidt, Fields, Sweeney, Maewae, Mangold... and, now... We need Hennessey...

To be a long time  Jets fan is to be spoiled with the quality of your center...  The tradition must continue... 

Yep. I’m down 

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Idk if he’s gonna make it that far he’s gonna go in the 2nd I think 

he may have lasted UNTIL #1 C Ruiz went higher in 1st round last nite. If Jets want him they have to use 2nd Rd pick on him and grab WR with 1st 3rd Rd pick

Just now, RichardTodd27 said:

Normally  I'm all for going O-line over WR.

But with all the free agent signings we made (on the interior line), it makes more sense to use the 2nd rounder on a WR.

Maybe, but the thing is Douglas builds thru draft. These FA OL guys were depth moves for mostr part on 1 year deals. He will get his startting OL guys thru draft over 2-3 years supplemented by OK guys (like this years signings) until we have a stud OL that are all Top 3 round selections. Big FA miney best spent on skill postions,,

JD is taking a WR at 48. No ifs and or buts about it. He may even trade if he has a crush on a particular one - Mims ( hint hint).  In round 3 Taylor - Edge - has been circulating like crazy. Then go back to WR with that 2nd 3rd rounder. Hennessy is a nice prospect but he's been projected to go in round 4 in nearly 95% of mocks.  Yea they are mocks but they're pretty accurate.  75% of the players taken in round 1 were taken at pretty much in the range expected.  

2 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Every draft simulation I've done at this site has Hennessey taken in the 2nd.  I've only been able to take Biadasz in the 3rd.

Puleeeze...take Mims-Pittman-Higgans if there at #48.

Hennessey should be a 4-5th round type of player with his little teeny weeny baby arms.

• Haha 2

As I fear we may need to grab him early: Plus Giants are leaning towards him w/2nd Rd pick cause of Jets interest

Jets hoping Hennessy falls to them in round three

(via Tony Pauline, 9:25 am ET)

I continue to hear from a variety of sources that the Jets are seriously considering Matt Hennessy of Temple if he’s available in round three, something I first reported two weeks ago.

The question is whether Hennessy will be around when the Jets are called to the clock in the third round. With limited talent at the guard position available through the initial three rounds and many teams projecting Hennessy to guard, he may be pushed into round 2.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Sevral guys worth top 50 IMO.  Hunt, Niang, Hennessy, Cushenberry.

LOL Hunt SUCKS 2nd coming of Winters without the brute force.  Davonta for OHU absolutely embarrassed him in one on one drills. I mean it was hilarious.  Niang has injury issues.  Cush as well but we need a WR and he will be gone in rd 2.  wait it out and see if Hennessy falls to round 4. 

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

WR is the priority.  Edge if an elite guy like Gross-Matos drops to 48.  But Hennessey at 68 or 79 would be a good move.  That would immediately push McGovern to RG, Van Roten at LG and Winters goes bye-bye and saves us $8M.

Makes so much sense to cut/trade Winters if we got IOL today

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, King P said:

I like Hennessy, but I think I'd rather take Nick Harris on Day 3 (who IMO would be battling Cesar Ruiz for OC1 status if it wasn't for his size)

That's the problem though. He is lightning quick with his movements but he's so damn small he'll end up getting crushed in the NFL. It doesn't help that he didn't do well at the Senior Bowl because of his size. I have similar feelings for Hennessey.

Just now, RobR said:

That's the problem though. He is lightning quick with his movements but he's so damn small he'll end up getting crushed in the NFL. It doesn't help that he didn't do well at the Senior Bowl because of his size. I have similar feelings for Hennessey.

May be moot point as we may take our 2nd OL in Niang as opposed to hennessey

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

May be moot point as we may take our 2nd OL in Niang as opposed to hennessey

After drafting Becton I'd think Niang wouldn't be in consideration. The one guy I really like is Peart but the same goes for him, after taking Becton I can't see us going after him.

there is so much hennessey rumors now it has now convinced me its somescreen for Niang or trade (up or down. I dont buy trade up so probably smokescreen to move down)

Jets have to address fact Bell wont be here in 2021..with our system it should be a 3 down back type that can decent power run and catch with elusiveness (ekeler/gordon types)

I think they realize any RB that can start in 2021 will have to be grabbed no latter than 3rd Rd. Question is , who? AFJF has best instincts on that I think.