Jets Come to Terms With Rookie Cameron Clark

Cameron_Clark

Slowly but surely the Jets are getting their rookie class under contract with offensive lineman Cameron Clark reportedly inking a 4-year $4 million deal.

Jets fourth-round pick OL Cameron Clark will be signing his rookie contract today, according to a source. It is the standard 4-year deal worth just under $4 million. #nyj

— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) June 25, 2020

A fourth-round pick (129th overall), Clark was a dominant player at Charlotte where he played offensive tackle but many believe he’ll kick inside to play guard in the NFL.  Clark spends parts of his off-seasons working out with Jets first-round pick Mekhi Becton and the two could very well end up playing along side one another when all is said and done.

After being taken by the Jets, NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. said it would come as no surprise if Clark were to earn himself a starting job early in his career.

The post Jets Come to Terms With Rookie Cameron Clark appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
t9cyyFg5DOU

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

Trying to find a way to link this story to Jamal...confused good question GIF by Choice Hotels

Seriously though, one of my favorite picks in this class.  Keep em comin' Joe D.

Cameron Clark is now a Jet, thus hates Adam Gase, because Jamal Adams may hate Gase because anonymous sources and second-hand attribution, and because have I mentioned, many hate Adam Gase. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Cameron Clark is now a Jet, thus hates Adam Gase, because Jamal Adams may hate Gase because anonymous sources and second-hand attribution, and because have I mentioned, many hate Adam Gase. 

Not quite, but you're getting there.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He also made Charlotte's RB, a slug from an athletic standpoint, look awesome.  

2,325 yards (5.5 ypc) and 20 rushing TDs over the last 2 seasons.

Benny-LeMay-RAS-18744.png?w=806&ssl=1

Go UNCC 49ers....  my adopted college.  had that kid been in my class I would have given him an A After the Jets drafted him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Go UNCC 49ers....  my adopted college.  had that kid been in my class I would have given him an A After the Jets drafted him. 

I'm very impressed with how well that program has done for being such a young program.

There's always been talk of UNCW getting football but its just not really possible here.  And you HAVE to do it right, from the outset, for it to be successful.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

now, for god's sake....       tell me Winters is gone....

I was all for cutting him if there was someone worth adding and we needed his cap figure to do it.

At this stage there's no reason to.  We have a bunch of new faces on the OL.  We need as much continuity as we can get.  Even if Winters isn't a Week 1 starter.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm very impressed with how well that program has done for being such a young program.

There's always been talk of UNCW getting football but its just not really possible here.  And you HAVE to do it right, from the outset, for it to be successful.

It was weird at first but yes, they did a good job.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I hate Gase but l love the Jets. Go Jets.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:06 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I was all for cutting him if there was someone worth adding and we needed his cap figure to do it.

At this stage there's no reason to.  We have a bunch of new faces on the OL.  We need as much continuity as we can get.  Even if Winters isn't a Week 1 starter.

Cut winters and say from a team perspective, it’s not the best move, but we’re gonna have to cut some vets to try to eventually satisfy Jamal’s contract demands.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Cut winters and say from a team perspective, it’s not the best move, but we’re gonna have to cut some vets to try to eventually satisfy Jamal’s contract demands.

Shouldn’t we first see about renegotiating a new deal? I’d take him back at $1.5 - $2m

Hesa good locker room guy who knows the system. Only way I cut him is if he won’t take less or it should stand in the way of Clark/Edoga development. Injuries killed us last year along the line. Depth is important as long as the cost makes sense.

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Shouldn’t we first see about renegotiating a new deal? I’d take him back at $1.5 - $2m

Hesa good locker room guy who knows the system. Only way I cut him is if he won’t take less or it should stand in the way of Clark/Edoga development. Injuries killed us last year along the line. Depth is important as long as the cost makes sense.

Ok. But with every cut and every renegotiation to lower a guy’s salary, I’d announce it is being done so we can pay jamal. 

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Ok. But with every cut and every renegotiation to lower a guy’s salary, I’d announce it is being done so we can pay jamal. 

Next season this will be taken care of when a whole lot of contracts come off the books with little dead money. We should have $75+mil in cap space without restructuring deals. Jamaal will not be getting a new deal this year unless it’s a team friendly deal which I doubt. JD Can’t be showing weakness unless there is compromise on both sides.