Saquon Barkley, Sterling Shepard: Giants game boycott not ruled out

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Wars aren't meant to be 'won' or 'lost'.

They're meant to continue indefinitely to the benefit of all the stakeholders.

There was a lot of money to be made from drug trafficking, private prisons, cheap labor (within those prisons). Like everything in this country, somebody is raking in the profits from all these developments. 

Of course. There's the business of the police state that meshed well with some puritanical views that have mostly gone the way of the dodo

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Defunding might not be the right word. More like revamp the focus of police (is a move towards community policing). This could mean lower budgets or reallocated budgets. But this is just one part of it. Decriminalizing drugs and straight legalizing marijuana will help. 

It's a fine word, defund but remove laws from the books too so there is less to police and imprison to begin with. The fact that weed still isn't legal in NJ is absurd. Another issue - the means in which they are making it legal is BS and will result in the connected and privileged making boat loads of cash in a near monopoly.

Hopefully one good thing about COVID is it will force governments to divert resources from policing towards legalizing and taxing, but they seem to planning on devaluing the currency to fill the hole. 

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Thats where you are wrong. 

I am not asking to defund the police. That thought is stupid. I clearly understand how dangerous their job is. But their job is not decide who lives or dies.

Again jacob posed no immediate threat. If he had a knife, he did not swing it at any officer while he was walking to the car...if that was the case I could see shooting him.

If Jacob was walking to the car with the intent to harm any of the police officers on the scene..the cops job is to deescalate the situation before it gets out of hand..tackling him to the ground  before he got to the car would of done just that.

My wife's cousins is a cop and he has told me good cops rather not draw their guns. They want to be able to go home to their families.

So they are suppose to do everything in their power and in hopes not have to shoot anyone.

The cop is allowed to shoot if he feels threatened by the suspect. But that's completely irrelevant. 

Here's a more relevant question: why do we criticise cops for doing their jobs, while completely ignoring those who give them that legal authority?

Answer: Because politicians and legislators want to avoid accountability and scrutiny, and would rather use the media to create diversions by focusing on irrelevant subjects like: good cop vs bad cop, this guy's feelings, that guy's skin color vs another guy's skin color, and various other on-camera theatrics. 

This is how somebody like kamala harris - with her decidedly pro-incarceration prosecutorial record - ends up masquerading as a 'reformer' that can bring 'everlasting change'. 

And many americans completely buy into this. Because many Americans are stupid, gullible, and incapable of raising suspicion about the elites who make the rules for their society. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

I have no issue with the police. 

Everything they do, unethical as it may be, is by the book. Which is why there is very little legal recourse for victims of police abuse. 

This is why the police are legally authorised to plant evidence (like marijuana), stop and frisk, rape women in custody (its true), and do various other things.

I don't know where you get this from? It's legal for police to plant evidence and rape women in custody!?? NO, it's far from legal. Does it mean it didn't happen, also no. But the idea that cops have free reign to plant evidence and rape women, where do you come up with this?

Stop & Frisk was pushed by politicians in NYC because of the overwhelming drug and violence issues going on at the time. I'm not going to argue it's merits but it was put in place to deal with those two issues that had ruined the city. 

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Thats where you are wrong. 

I am not asking to defund the police. That thought is stupid. I clearly understand how dangerous their job is. But their job is not decide who lives or dies.

Again jacob posed no immediate threat. If he had a knife, he did not swing it at any officer while he was walking to the car...if that was the case I could see shooting him.

If Jacob was walking to the car with the intent to harm any of the police officers on the scene..the cops job is to deescalate the situation before it gets out of hand..tackling him to the ground  before he got to the car would of done just that.

My wife's cousins is a cop and he has told me good cops rather not draw their guns. They want to be able to go home to their families.

So they are suppose to do everything in their power and in hopes not have to shoot anyone.

Did you watch that video? Literally the first scenario deals with someone calming going to the back of the car and grabbing a gun. Look at what happened in ATL, it was SNAFU in a matter of seconds 

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I get the kneeling, it’s making a statement against the country’s national anthem - “America Is Bad!“- Like what they’re doing or not - it’s a clear point being made.

Apparently you don't actually get it.

• Upvote 2

Out of respect for this site. You gotta chill the political talk.

I fore one am not criticizing all police. I am only criticizing the ones who abuse their power and the ones who don't view everyone as people 

And that thought goes to all governors of power and legislatures 

16 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Did you watch that video? Literally the first scenario deals with someone calming going to the back of the car and grabbing a gun. Look at what happened in ATL, it was SNAFU in a matter of seconds 

I did watch the video

Jacob was walking from one side of his car to the other with the cop walking right behind him. He couldn't tackle him w help from his fellow officers? We see cops tackling suspects all the time.

Compare to the demo video..less time was displayed  and the guy was standing in front of him...had that scenario played out in the jacob case...i would not fault the cops

My only point. There was time before than to prevent anyone from being harmed. The cop was in the right position to tackle. Jacob at that moment was not a threat to assault anyone.

4 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I did watch the video

Jacob was walking from one side of his car to the other with the cop walking right behind him. He couldn't tackle him w help from his fellow officers? We see cops tackling suspects all the time.

Compare to the demo video..less time was displayed 

in the case of jacob once he got to his car door all bets were off..my only point. There was time before than to prevent anyone being harmed. 

But from the other perspective, that time was spent not trying to escalte the situation. Why should the cops have to escalate and tackle Jacobs and possibly injury themselves, especially if it's unknown if he had any weapons on him at that point in time. All he had to do was comply. 

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Be assured, that's rather obvious, although probably not in the way you think.

I knew you'd be here, shield in hand.

I GUARANTEE you I have had more intimate personal relationships with Black people than you have. So go cry racist somewhere else, you narcissistic piece of sh*t, because that's exactly what you were implying.

You're not better than me. Facts do not sit in your favor. So, what do you have? The little num num your brain gives you when you point fingers like a little girl in Salem. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Withholding labor is a strike.

When corporations hold the power to affect change, then the role of the worker is to apply upward pressure.

I’ve heard folks say ‘if they want to make a meaningful protest, then they have to forfeit wins’, but that’s stupid and short-sighted. It implies the protest message is not relevant, because they made no real sacrifice. It misses the point. It’s a privileged point of view.

Strikes are meant to hurt the employer in order to re-balance power and values. Sports has long-been a catalyst for social change.

These 'protests' aren't strikes, nor are they withholding of labor. Not even close.

These protests are effectively FUNDED and endorsed by the franchises themselves, and the NFL has publically endorsed the use of its platform for demonstrating a particular message. A paid protest is NOT a protest, it is a glorified public relations campaign

Not a single NFL player risks losing salary or employment for supporting an NFL and Nike-endorsed cause. They are not FORFEITING ANYTHING. When jerry jones and roger goodell kneel with you, your protest is NOT a protest. You're an advertisement, at best. This is not 'upward pressure', it's the exact opposite. Protests aren't supposed to elicit claps and cheers from the elites. No employer is hurt by this.

To explain this point in a different way, think of Colin kaepernick in 2016.

He risked EVERYTHING - salary, future employment, public image, relationships within the industry - to take a knee during the national anthem for what he felt was a legitimate, anti-establishment cause. He risked everything, and he LOST everything. It infuriated america, drew widespread anger (from everywhere) and got him kicked out of the league. 

THAT was a real protest.

Or at least, it was... Until Nike eventually turned up, and converted Kaepernick's 'message' into a sh*tty public relations campaign to sell more apparel, LOL: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/details-of-colin-kaepernick-s-nike-deal-revealed/ar-BBMQbFa

This is the story of capitalism in the united states: any genuine movement that argues in favour of welfare is immediately corrupted and killed by corporate and political elites. I believe academics would refer to this as "Compassionate capitalism"...or "capitalism, with a conscience." 

I refer to this as, threatrical bullsh*t. And so should you. 

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

But from the other perspective, that time was spent not trying to escalte the situation. Why should the cops have to escalate and tackle Jacobs and possibly injury themselves, especially if it's unknown if he had any weapons on him at that point in time. All he had to do was comply. 

How was it spent not trying to escalate the situation? Obviously it was not since jacob was walking on his own free will. 

Its his job to protect the public, hisself and the person he is trying to capture...That's part of the crucial thinking too. Thats why not everyone could be a cop. 

Jacob should of complied, i agree. But that's not call for him to be shot in his back 7 or 8 time if he pose no immediate threat.

And as I said there are planty other cases that people have complied and still end up paying a heavy price 

Also look at the 17 year old carrying a AR15 walking toward a fleet of officers. He got a water....you think a black man would of been able to do that?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

The cop is allowed to shoot if he feels threatened by the suspect. But that's completely irrelevant. 

Here's a more relevant question: why do we criticise cops for doing their jobs, while completely ignoring those who give them that legal authority?

Answer: Because politicians and legislators want to avoid accountability and scrutiny, and would rather use the media to create diversions by focusing on irrelevant subjects like: good cop vs bad cop, this guy's feelings, that guy's skin color vs another guy's skin color, and various other on-camera theatrics. 

This is how somebody like kamala harris - with her decidedly pro-incarceration prosecutorial record - ends up masquerading as a 'reformer' that can bring 'everlasting change'. 

And many americans completely buy into this. Because many Americans are stupid, gullible, and incapable of raising suspicion about the elites who make the rules for their society. 

Qualified immunity. 

also,

“the goal of every traffic stop is to crack the car open like a piñata to escalate a traffic citation to a felony arrest so that they will get more points towards their next pay raise.” Paraphrase Dale Carson, Ex cop turned Defense Attorney, in book, Arrest Proof.

7 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

How was it spent not trying to escalate the situation? Obviously it was not since jacob was walking on his own free will. 

Its his job to protect the public, his self and the person he is trying to capture...thats why not everyone could be a cop. That's part of the crucial thinking too.

Jacob should of complied, i agree. But that's not call for him to be shot in his back 7 or 8 time if he pose no immediate threat.

And as I said there are planty other cases that people have complied and still end up paying a heavy price 

You might have watched the video but I don't think you fully grasp what the point of it was. And thats the fact that any situation can go SNAFU in a matter of seconds. 

If you're a known felon, not complaint and reaching for something that a cop can't see, you are considered a threat. Action is faster than reaction.

42 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I don't know where you get this from? It's legal for police to plant evidence and rape women in custody!?? NO, it's far from legal. Does it mean it didn't happen, also no. But the idea that cops have free reign to plant evidence and rape women, where do you come up with this?

Stop & Frisk was pushed by politicians in NYC because of the overwhelming drug and violence issues going on at the time. I'm not going to argue it's merits but it was put in place to deal with those two issues that had ruined the city. 

Police are absolutely, 100% authorised to lie, plant evidence and rape women in custody. I'm not saying they DO these things, I'm saying they can GET AWAY with doing these things. A quick google search can verify this for you. I'm not sure why you're finding this so hard to believe. 

Many of these actions are easily justified by a need to secure convictions. Remember, not many suspects have a chance of fighting this in a court of law. The ones that do might succeed, but most don't.  

Once again, i have NO ISSUES with the police themselves. They are doing their jobs. They don't make the laws...they simply enforce them. They aren't the problem. 

1 minute ago, predator_05 said:

Police are absolutely, 100% authorised to lie, plant evidence and rape women in custody. A quick google search can verify this for you. I'm not sure why you're finding this so hard to believe. 

Many of these actions are easily justified by a need to secure convictions. Remember, not many suspects have a chance of fighting this in a court of law. The ones that do might succeed, but most don't.  

Once again, i have NO ISSUES with the police themselves. They are doing their jobs. They don't make the laws...they simply enforce them. They aren't the problem. 

Dude what planet are you living on? Idk what you're reading but none of that is every remotely true. 

14 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Qualified immunity. 

also,

“the goal of every traffic stop is to crack the car open like a piñata to escalate a traffic citation to a felony arrest so that they will get more points towards their next pay raise.” Paraphrase Dale Carson, Ex cop turned Defense Attorney, in book, Arrest Proof.

Yep. 

Removing qualified immunity does nothing, by the way. Cosmetic change, at best. 

Most americans didn't even know what 'qualified immunity' was until this year's election campaign..LOL 

9 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

You might have watched the video but I don't think you fully grasp what the point of it was. And thats the fact that any situation can go SNAFU in a matter of seconds. 

If you're a known felon, not complaint and reaching for something that a cop can't see, you are considered a threat. Action is faster than reaction.

I watched the video and fully understand the video. You do not fully understand the other side of it and the points that are being made.

Again BEFORE jacob got to his car door. He POSE NO IMMEDIATE threat. If you watched the video. The cops had plenty of time to tackle and subdued jacob.

again cops tackle and subdued suspects without drawing any weapons all the time! When COPS was on TV(should of never taken it off) they did that all the time!

How was this situation any different.

5 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Dude what planet are you living on? Idk what you're reading but none of that is every remotely true. 

If you don't believe me...call a criminal defense attorney in your city, and ask him about some of the cases he's seen relating to search and seizure, or probable cause. 

2 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

I watched the video and fully understand the video. You do not fully understand the other side of it and the points that are being made.

Again BEFORE jacob got to his car door. He POSE NO IMMEDIATE threat. If you watched the video. The cops had plenty of time to tackle and subdued jacob.

again cops tackle and subdued suspects without drawing any weapons all the time! When COPS was on TV(should of never taken it off) they did that all the time!

How was this situation any different.

There is no winning for cops with someone who thinks along your lines. Escalate, deescalate. Tackle him, taze him, talk him into the handcuffs.

Nothing they did will be right in your eyes because you have all the right answers to a situation you were never in but got to watch over and over at your desk. 

5 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

If you don't believe me...call a criminal defense attorney in your city, and ask him about some of the cases he's seen relating to search and seizure, or probable cause. 

My guy, go ask your wifes cousin what would happen to him if he were to rape someone. 

I mean a simple google search will tell you how many cops have been charged with rape over the years. 

5 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

There is no winning for cops with someone who thinks along your lines. Escalate, deescalate. Tackle him, taze him, talk him into the handcuffs.

Nothing they did will be right in your eyes because you have all the right answers to a situation you were never in but got to watch over and over at your desk. 

If he'd done any of those things it wouldn't be in the news and we wouldn't be talking about it right now.  

Meanwhile, we know all about the criminal history of the victim but I believe we still don't know the cop's name. 

Being a cop is a tough job.  We all get that.  But its also a job, and one where you get to take your uniform off at some point in the day.  Or one that a cop can easily quit at any time.  Black men and women or other people of color can't change the color of their skin.  That's why this is a thing and will always continue to be a thing.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

So in your eyes all cops have done everything correctly?? There is no such thing as a bad cop?

We the public have no rights to judge a police officer? 

I guess the cops who killed George Floyd was correct in their actions....

And my last question to you. And to all your points..please explain to me why was the 17 year old carring a AR-15 not shot dead running toward the cops? They didn't know what was going on with him at the time.

Mind you it was during a riot a very high intense time....

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he'd done any of those things it wouldn't be in the news and we wouldn't be talking about it right now.  

Meanwhile, we know all about the criminal history of the victim but I believe we still don't know the cop's name. 

Being a cop is a tough job.  We all get that.  But its also a job, and one where you get to take your uniform off at some point in the day.  Or one that a cop can easily quit at any time.  Black men and women or other people of color can't change the color of their skin.  That's why this is a thing and will always continue to be a thing.  

So per you and the other poster he was not posing a threat but you wanted the cop to escalate and go hands on and tackle him despite not knowing if he had any weapons on him?

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

So per you and the other poster he was not posing a threat but you wanted the cop to escalate and go hands on and tackle him despite not knowing if he had any weapons on him?

He didn't have a weapon on him when he shot him in the back.  We know that, and the cop knew that.  He was headed for his vehicle.  

5 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

So in your eyes all cops have done everything correctly?? There is no such thing as a bad cop?

We the public have no rights to judge a police officer? 

I guess the cops who killed George Floyd was correct in their actions....

And my last question to you. And to all your points..please explain to me why was the 17 year old carring a AAR-15 not shot dead running toward the cops? They didn't know what was going on w him at the time.

Where did I say that?

You do know video showed him moving slowly towards the cops with his hands up, right? 

image.thumb.png.494ae33ed04d92454af1bc0a9574ed27.png

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He didn't have a weapon on him when he shot him in the back.  We know that, and the cop knew that.  He was headed for his vehicle.  

Right, which goes to what I said earlier and the video I posted earlier. If you are a known felon, non complaint and then make a move to someplace a cop can't see what you're grabbing, you are going to then be considered a threat. All it takes is a split second to grab a gun, turn and shoot.

It is a terrible situation but literally all of it could be avoided if the guy complied. 

35 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Where did I say that?

You do know video showed him moving slowly towards the cops with his hands up, right? 

image.thumb.png.494ae33ed04d92454af1bc0a9574ed27.png

Well you seem to be able to tell me what I am thinking...so i thought I could do the same to you.

Got it.

Someone like George Floyd didn't put his hands up...ok cool.

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Police are absolutely, 100% authorised to lie, plant evidence and rape women in custody. I

what lol

I'm with you on the whole gullible americans thing where the elites pit us against one another  but you seem to have gone off the rails here. Authorized to rape?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Well you seem to be able to telling me what I am thinking...so i thought I could do the same to you.

Got it.

Someone like George Floyd didn't put his hands up...ok cool.

Never told you what your thinking, only said I don't think you grasped the point of the video I posted. 

I don't understand what you're trying to get at? You asked me about that kid and I showed you that he wasnt running at the cops but rather walked to them with his hands up. Instead of admitting that you had the narrative wrong about what happened you bring up George Floyd?