Joe Douglas must share in the blame for this Jets debacle

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ryan Neal replaced Jamal Adams today in the Seahawks lineup and had six tackles, 2 PDs and an INT. Last week, he also had a PD and an INT, giving him two INTs on the season, matching Jamal Adams’ career total for INTs. 

Ok and how does our defense look WITHOUT JAMAL ADAMS? We were top 10 defense with him last year and absolutely horrible without him. Our defense is awful without Jamal. He was SO GOOD for our defense where a winning Seattle franchise gave us 2 first round picks for him. 

JD throwing away both Robby and Jamal along with Mosley quitting were the 3 daggers of 2020. Our season was truly over before it even ever started. 

JD is awful. Outside of Becton he gave us CRAP on O Line throughout FA and the draft outside of one player. Lol. Pathetic. He's ruined Sam more than Macc. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Ok and how does our defense look WITHOUT JAMAL ADAMS? We were top 10 defense with him last year and absolutely horrible without him. Our defense is awful without Jamal. He was SO GOOD for our defense where a winning Seattle franchise gave us 2 first round picks for him. 

JD throwing away both Robby and Jamal along with Mosley quitting were the 3 daggers of 2020. Our season was truly over before it even ever started. 

JD is awful. Outside of Becton he gave us CRAP on O Line throughout FA and the draft outside of one player. Lol. Pathetic. He's ruined Sam more than Macc. 

You make a really strong case for trading for Ryan Neal here and I agree with you

• Upvote 3

I'll just have you know, I'm taking notes of all the JD apologists in this thread.  You are all disgusting.  8 weeks ago he was brilliant and this team is going to be good, 8-8/9-7, he really added a ton of talent.

Fast forward to a 0-4 start.  JD was being conservative this year.  He didnt expect to win.  He doesnt like Sam Darnold despite everything we read and hear.  He set this all up, it's part of his master plan.  He wanted to make this rebuild even harder on himself by literally only adding 1 Football player worth of note on the worst team in the NFL.

Literally, this was the board;

BEST DRAFT CLASS EVER!  4 Immediate starters, huge upgrade over Jamal Adams w/ Ashtyn Davis!!!  BOOM!!! **** YOUR REBUILD!

Perriman > Anderson - not sure if you know this but yo, peep these advanced stats that say this colossal bust is better than Anderson.

FRANK GORE IS IN THE BUILDING!  Finally!  A real leader, who is a perfect fit for Adam Gase.  This is it, fellas, Bell sucks.

NEW OL - yeah, we passed on some big name tickets but yo, these dudes are actually better if you peep the neat equation I came up with.

NEW CB's - bro, now we got real corners out there.  FU Tru Johnson!!!!

Did you see what Jordan Palmer said about Sam?  See, that's why JD took the job!  Franchise QB in place.

Herndon back!!!  X-factor, JD knew he had a TE so he didnt to look to add anymore as more pass catchers. 

-------------------

Jetnation - 10/5/2020 - JD wasnt trying this offseason. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

JiF in this thread: WHY AIN’T JOE DOUGLAS REBUILT THE TEAM YET

JiF in another thread: Kliff Kingsbury needs another two or three years to build up the Cardinals and only then can we assess his coaching genius.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

JiF in this thread: WHY AIN’T JOE DOUGLAS REBUILT THE TEAM YET

JiF in another thread: Kliff Kingsbury needs another two or three years to build up the Cardinals and only then can we assess his coaching genius.

Yeah no, not what I said in either takes.  Nice try.  JiF in another thread...after inheriting a 3 win team, winning 5 games with a rookie QB on one of the worst rosters in Football, KK now has his team 2-2.  But hey man, whatever makes you look cool, right? 

And just FYI - I got with the committee, you're the Captain of the JD apologist brigade.  I dont need some self serving stupid thread to inform the masses, you will wear it like a badge of honor. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

And just FYI - I got with the committee, you're the Captain of the JD apologist brigade.  I dont need some self serving stupid thread to inform the masses, you will wear it like a badge of honor. 

Part of being a Committee member is that you want the Jets to succeed, yes. This isn’t rural Florida politics here.

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'll just have you know, I'm taking notes of all the JD apologists in this thread.  You are all disgusting.  8 weeks ago he was brilliant and this team is going to be good, 8-8/9-7, he really added a ton of talent.

Fast forward to a 0-4 start.  JD was being conservative this year.  He didnt expect to win.  He doesnt like Sam Darnold despite everything we read and hear.  He set this all up, it's part of his master plan.  He wanted to make this rebuild even harder on himself by literally only adding 1 Football player worth of note on the worst team in the NFL.

BEST DRAFT CLASS EVER!  4 Immediate starters, huge upgrade over Jamal Adams w/ Ashtyn Davis!!!  BOOM!!! **** YOUR REBUILD!

Perriman > Anderson - not sure if you know this but yo, peep these advanced stats that say this colossal bust is better than Anderson.

FRANK GORE IS IN THE BUILDING!  Finally!  A real leader, who is a perfect fit for Adam Gase.  This is it, fellas, Bell sucks.

NEW OL - yeah, we passed on some big name tickets but yo, these dudes are actually better if you peep the neat equation I came up with.

Did you see what Jordan Palmer said about Sam?  See, that's wh JD took the job!  Franchise QB in place.

Herndon back!!!  X-factor, JD knew he had a TE so he didnt to look to add anymore.

-------------------

I agree with all of this, except I am still holding out hope it is, in fact, all part of his master plan.  That a full-on, burn it all down plan was the strategy (including having already moved on from Sam)

I didn't like anything he was doing in the off-season - didn't buy any of it.  It was clear, to me, this roster was substantially downgraded from already one of the worst in the league.

We really don't know yet if it was his plan or not but I HAVE to hope it was..   Because if it wasn't he will be another horrible GM in a very long line of horrible GM's.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

If mims plays well, that would calm us down a bit.  Wr has been a hot button issue here for years.  Plus, I believe gase is deliberately not playing Perine out of spite.  

FWIW, Perine graded out terribly in Football Outsiders back formula they use (although it's one of their poorer assessments). Perine isnt big or fast, which is why he was dinged.

Our OL is ranked 15th in pass protection according to Football Outsiders and 26th in run blocking. That is a marked improvement over last year where the OL was 30th in PB and 31st in RB. 

The OL is better. If Mims comes in and has impact then Joe Douglas did his job on offense. Could we use another receiver? Of course but that’s a foundation. 

Sam Darnold is the problem.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If mims plays well, that would calm us down a bit.  Wr has been a hot button issue here for years.  Plus, I believe gase is deliberately not playing Perine out of spite.  

Didn’r Perine miss a couple of blitz pick-ups and that’s why he doesn’t play?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Didn’r Perine miss a couple of blitz pick-ups and that’s why he doesn’t play?

Ballage doesnt seem to pick up the blitz either. Until Bell is back Gore will be on the field so Sam doesnt have to spend the holidays dead.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Ballage doesnt seem to pick up the blitz either. Until Bell is back Gore will be on the field so Sam doesnt have to spend the holidays dead.

I was going to say that in response to the 6 sacks Thursday argument.  I think 2 were directly on Ballage.  My first thought that that he has only been on the team a couple of weeks, so maybe he missed an assignment.  Then I thought about it and was with Gase for a season, so this sh*t shouldn't be foreign to him.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Did you see what Jordan Palmer said about Sam?  See, that's why JD took the job!  Franchise QB in place.

Herndon back!!!  X-factor, JD knew he had a TE so he didnt to look to add anymore as more pass catchers. 

-------------------

yep bravo

lots of re inventing of history by some that were talking playoffs and winning the bradyless afc east-now was "our time"

same folks defended with vigor the past two regimes as well and even when the worst qb ever in Hackenberg was drafted we got the the -our gm knows better than you dumb fans...

JD's  job is to make the roster better-he made it 1000 times worse-he took our biggest threat on offense and sent him packing because a jaq that was cut from two other teams was going to be our "number one and was and UPGRADE over R Anderson)

Our defense is what led us to winning the games we did last year and in two alone Adams was the total difference and others he greatly impacted them. ONLY in bizzarro jets world do we rebuild by getting rid of our best talent on both sides of the ball and that is a good thing.

R Anderson had another very solid game yesterday and it would have been huge but Teddy missed him on a big play.

JD in a short period of time made this team a million times worse

Gase is about the worst coach to ever wear the green-I miss Rich Kotite at least he brought us Chrebet .....

• Upvote 3

pay Ozzie 5 times the going rate and give him the keys to everything

only way I will believe in a re build and have patience is if the guy we put in charge has done it before-the cubs learned this in baseball-they paid theo and he got them them elusive championship

• Upvote 1

We need to see how the team comes together (or doesn't) for the rest of this year to see if JD's draft picks were on point and the OL revamping was a successful upgrade.  Obviously the early returns are not great and incomplete.  Gase, on the other hand, has not had this team competitive for 4 weeks in a row which should be the death knell for any coach, even if he's dealing with a swiss cheese roster.     

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

We need to see how the team comes together (or doesn't) for the rest of this year to see if JD's draft picks were on point and the OL revamping was a successful upgrade.  Obviously the early returns are not great and incomplete.  Gase, on the other hand, has not had this team competitive for 4 weeks in a row which should be the death knell for any coach, even if he's dealing with a swiss cheese roster.     

not great - um they have been terrible-our team is MUCH worse  and he signed some terrible deals too-

he drafted one guy that has contributed -and the jets way is two years from now they will trade him because you cant have any quality players on the team and fans will cheer about getting rid of him like they did with Adams and Robby

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

FWIW, Perine graded out terribly in Football Outsiders back formula they use (although it's one of their poorer assessments). Perine isnt big or fast, which is why he was dinged.

Formula from college?   How could thy grade him on his NFL experience?  He doesnt play.  He was never dinged in college and he was a 3 down back.  I've watced him break 70 yard runs out beat SEC CB's in a sprint.

It's criminal that Ballage and Gore play over him.

29 minutes ago, kmnj said:

yep bravo

lots of re inventing of history by some that were talking playoffs and winning the bradyless afc east-now was "our time"

same folks defended with vigor the past two regimes as well and even when the worst qb ever in Hackenberg was drafted we got the the -our gm knows better than you dumb fans...

JD's  job is to make the roster better-he made it 1000 times worse-he took our biggest threat on offense and sent him packing because a jaq that was cut from two other teams was going to be our "number one and was and UPGRADE over R Anderson)

Our defense is what led us to winning the games we did last year and in two alone Adams was the total difference and others he greatly impacted them. ONLY in bizzarro jets world do we rebuild by getting rid of our best talent on both sides of the ball and that is a good thing.

R Anderson had another very solid game yesterday and it would have been huge but Teddy missed him on a big play.

JD in a short period of time made this team a million times worse

Gase is about the worst coach to ever wear the green-I miss Rich Kotite at least he brought us Chrebet .....

Yep, it's nutty.  The apologists are working hard to change the narrative they created this offseason.  Besides the fact it's a completely different tune then we heard, the idea that JD's master plan was to actually make his job harder and put the Jets further behind on the rebuild is laughable.  He didnt set out to be the worst team in the NFL and make his analysis of Sam Darnold even more challenging.  His first full offseason as a GM and his plan was to add 1 player of any significance?  Please.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kmnj said:

not great - um they have been terrible-our team is MUCH worse  and he signed some terrible deals too-

he drafted one guy that has contributed -and the jets way is two years from now they will trade him because you cant have any quality players on the team and fans will cheer about getting rid of him like they did with Adams and Robby

I'm willing to give JD a quasi mulligan until this season plays out, but the body of work so far is definitely pointing in the wrong direction across the board. Gase gets no such mulligan.  We already know what he is and he needs to go.  Now.

• Upvote 1

gase and jets loyal to terrible players-good players not so much

we only want to pay scrubs-griffin really earning that contract-the griffin money and perriman money go a long way to keep R anderson here-but hey we have guys that combined for 8 catches and 34 yards for the season-bravo JD you really  nailed that one with those two deals.

Robby has 33 catches for 377 yards

Robby will probably end with over 100 catches  and 1200+ yards

if we are lucky our two  Douglass guys will combine for 20 catches and 200 yards

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yep, it's nutty.  The apologists are working hard to change the narrative they created this offseason.  Besides the fact it's a completely different tune then we heard, the idea that JD's master plan was to actually make his job harder and put the Jets further behind on the rebuild is laughable.  He didnt set out to be the worst team in the NFL and make his analysis of Sam Darnold even more challenging.  His first full offseason as a GM and his plan was to add 1 player of any significance?  Please.  

it is insane -the only way to justify JD sucking so bad is to say that was the plan-true genius stuff there all around-all terrible contracts and bad FA deals and letting our talent leave brilliant-if sucking was the  goal he gets a A+

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Did he, though? More people than ever seem to have arrived at the correct answer on Darnold so I'm just not seeing how the fact that the team is bad is actually presenting any special challenge as far as evaluation.

This is convenient at 0-4 and Sam looking like sh*t, sure but that was not the narrative being sold by JD and the Jets and most especially not the narrative here at JN....unless you were part of the select few who had Sam as a bust already.  If that was the case, then cool.  He's got his mind made up but he didnt do anything to make the transition to his guy any easier.   This team is going to suck donkey dick for at least 3 more years.