Joe Douglas must share in the blame for this Jets debacle

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If they commit too many penalties, as they did Thursday, they’re doomed. If they drop passes, they’re screwed. If they stall in the red zone, it will bite them in the butt.

The problem is that they do all three every game. Maybe our YPC would be better if we weren’t pounding Gore up the middle constantly, and maybe our Red Zone Efficiency would be better if our play calling wasn’t 1st down run Gore, 2nd down run Gore, third down wheel route to Gore. You need speed in the red zone. Guys like Crowder, Berrios, Smith and Hogan are capable of getting open in the red zone, but we don’t utilize them all we do is run Gore.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This article is almost a carbon copy of what I've been saying all off-season. 

Being called a troll, SOJ and receiving 100's of negative reps (which I don't mind btw.)  

Now, this isn't a victory lap as I was very much hoping to be wrong - but recognition from some of you would be nice :-)

I'm not negative, just a realist.  

I just really hope JD saw it too and was well aware of what he was doing!

You have been elevated to jester in @HessStation's kingdom.

• Upvote 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Great article by Costello pointing out how the offensive line has been no better then last year(when it most certainly has) due to the amount of sacks given up in the last game where the backup LT was responsible for a large portion of those.

Great article.

Last time I checked the NY Jets were 0-4 bad on all sides of the ball. 

Please don't tell us you have the SOR I disease where in your mind we are 4-0. 

• Upvote 1

Almost total BS.  I recall the FA period and other than overpaying Fant (who seems to be holding his own) I don't remember there being any FA's worth chasing.  This ain't Madden. 

Oh yeah one other thing, counting on Perriman who has an injury hx wasn't all that smart.  Also it's my understanding that JD did match the offer Anderson got but Anderson opted out. 

IMHO the OL woes have more to do with the lack of a preseason than anything else.   

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Last time I checked the NY Jets were 0-4 bad on all sides of the ball. 

Please don't tell us you have the SOR I disease where in your mind we are 4-0. 

Nope.  Sure don't. I'm just not going to point to Thursday as a sign of Douglas failing to improve the offensive line when all season the line has been clearly better all season.  

I've expressed my views on Douglas and his job so far.  If people want to sh*t on him because this roster isn't a playoff contender this year then that's your choice.  I am not that short sighted 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Nope.  Sure don't. I'm just not going to point to Thursday as a sign of Douglas failing to improve the offensive line when all season the line has been clearly better all season. 

The 2020 OL is only good on paper as we speak. 

The OL was horrendous in 2019 and its only a little bit better in 2020. 

The 2020 group I think can be a lot better with time and more opportunities to gain continuity. 

When was the last time we had a RB rush for 100 yards. 

Why was Sam Darnold whipped around like a rag doll to the ground injuring his shoulder. 

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

A message board classic.  I've been on sports message boards since I was a teenager and one thing I know to be true is if someone says " I'm not such and such, I'm just a realist" they are generally the farthest thing from realistic ad it gets.

Nah, find my past.  When the team is good I'm fully on board.  I loved Darnold and was quite vocal about it.  This was always going to be a rough season, and just about everyone outside of this message board knew it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, peebag said:

What evidence points to that?

Not perfect self evident.

It would be nearly impossible to be worse than Idzik & Macc, I think you could make the argument he's already better.

Call it a hunch if you want, but he's going to have allot of capital to rebuild the team. Based on his pedigree and what I've seen from him so far, I don't think it's a stretch to say he'll build a respectable team.

Remember the team did not have a traditional off season or training camp this year. Most of us knew that was going to negatively effect a mostly new group. Plus they have been riddled with injuries.

As bad as it's been, I still feel good about Joe Douglas, and I think we'll be much improved after his next draft.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Joe Douglas has not been perfect, but he's going to be allot better than what we've been used to. He's going to build a respectable team at the very least.

We have no reason at all to believe that.  All we know at this point is that he's capable of tearing down a team and that he  chose Becton over Wirfs - Becton's been better but Wirfs has been very good too and healthy.

Now, we don't know if he's bad either. 

He may turn out to be great, just that a year and half into his tenure we still know close to nothing about his ability to build a team.

• Upvote 1

Debacle, disgruntled, I should've eeny miney moed it instead of naming my dog Henry. 

20190905-121319-HDR.jpg

Look at that crazy-eyed bastard. It's almost Gase-like. OK, I've decided. Next dog is JD, which stands for either Joe Douglas or Jets Debacle, depending on which one applies. I mean, JD could be good, too, right? OK (hangs head, pets dog for therapy).

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, jetophile said:

Debacle, disgruntled, I should've eeny miney moed it instead of naming my dog Henry. 

20190905-121319-HDR.jpg

Look that crazy-eyed bastard. It's almost Gase-like. OK, I've decided. Next dog is JD, which stands for either Joe Douglas or Jets Debacle, depending on which one applies. I mean, JD could be good, too, right? OK (hangs head, pets dog for therapy).

He's cute, even with the Gasey eyes. But why Henry? Funny name for a dog. ?