Covid Cam Newton (Chiefs-Patriots Game Postponed)

Gangrene

21 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This is only the beginning IMO and I don’t think the NFL are slightly prepared for the worst case scenario. They should have scrapped the midweek games and added more bye weeks, they left no room for flexibility.

I can genuinely see some bullsh*t happening that costs the Jets the #1 pick. 

I think the plan is to go 18 or 19 weeks if they have to. They havent publicly released it, but they definitely have contingency plans.

56 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Breaking news, guess who tested positive and is out for Sunday ?

Yes Sir, Cam Newton out,     Jarrett Stidham up on deck?

Reports: Patriots QB Newton tests positive for coronavirus, out for Sunday’s game vs. Chiefs

EAST PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) — New England Patriots QB Cam Newton has tested positive for the coronavirus and will miss Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Chiefs, according to multiple media reports.

CovidCam.thumb.jpg.dcd84df62f94a54eeff318783b7b7e1b.jpg

Oh no. Gaze still physically healthy, why????

56 minutes ago, Lith said:

If the season ends this week, do we still get the #1 pick?

The Jets have the best shot at the number 1 pick this year when an elite QB is coming out

The LAST thing we need is NFL Covid issues leading to a shortened season and perhaps some weirdo draft lotto that I can guarantee you we will lose. This would be classic Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think the plan is to go 18 or 19 weeks if they have to. They havent publicly released it, but they definitely have contingency plans.

Doubtful.

SB is set in place years in advance.  Sponsors etc have prepped for this day, logistics finalized.  SB can't be moved.  

Theyll have to movers days like with this one

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Doubtful.

SB is set in place years in advance.  Sponsors etc have prepped for this day, logistics finalized.  SB can't be moved

But if necessary, they can at least eliminate the week off between the Championship Games and the Super Bowl to add a week to the regular season for missed games.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, PS17 said:

This season could be on the ropes very soon if the covid cases keep rising. Is the NFL willing to take a couple months off like the nba? 

The NBA, NHL and MLB took time off, initially to see if Covid would disappear like a miracle with warmer weather and then in order to develop a plan.  Well the plans have worked for the most part, and the NFL should be following their leads.  The inherent obstacles in terms of succeeding for the NFL are:

1) Volume of personnel:  there are upwards of 100 individuals on each NFL team that spend time together, not counting off the street practice squad pick-ups and dont forget the risks involved when players switch teams.

2)  The cancellation of ONE NFL GAME can wreck an entire season.  Hmmm seems that adding in an extra bye weeks or two would have been an intelligent choice.  Assuming more games are cancelled, the season will have to be extended for make-up games.

3)  The NFL season is heading into the winter when viruses are much more transmissible.  

4)  An NFL playoff bubble is possible, but not likely, again due to the sheer volume of personnel.

5)  Are NFL players being as careful as MLB, NHL and NBA players were?  So far NO, the coaches dont even want to wear masks.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Doubtful.

SB is set in place years in advance.  Sponsors etc have prepped for this day, logistics finalized.  SB can't be moved.  

Theyll have to movers days like with this one

The Super Bowl can absolutely be moved lol

8 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

During the strike season of 1982 the League played just 9 games and there was a Super Bowl so whatever happens I'm sure there will be one this year..

Fascinating, the Jets made the playoffs with 6 win in the regular season...there's still hope !

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s nice, Joe. Usually you chain your male guests to a pommel horse in the basement. 

Thats not true you are a liar. 

You were afraid to knock on my door when you saw the Great Dane growling and standing up on the fence. 

The last time you drove by my house on your bike the neighborhood kids bombarded you with water balloons and you had to pedal back to Hell's Kitchen soaking wet. 

This is my basement/bomb shelter.

a829527b099b074b29db35c177f41b041c-09-at

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How?  We're not the only winless team and we have the hardest schedule.  I guess losing to another winless team did it

By end of day Sunday, we will probably have slipped backed down to third to fourth place based on  strength of schedule. For two days we remain on top of Tankathon.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

You were afraid to knock on my door when you saw the Great Dane growling and standing up on the fence. 

The last time you drove by my house on your bike the neighborhood kids bombarded you with water balloons and you had to pedal back to Hell's Kitchen soaking wet. 

This is my basement. 

Actually that's a really nice Bomb shelter blonde not included..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This is my basement/bomb shelter.

1998 Jessica Simpson lives in your bomb shelter?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Can we just call off the season...

It's inevitable.  It's a close-contact sport without a bubble.  50/50 it won't be cancelled-  just pushed out indefinitely.  They're an all weather sport, can have the Super Bowl in May if they need to.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The NFL is the only major sport with facemasks and they.....they.....they......didn't design facemasks.

They could have partnered with Nike or UnderArmor and made a world-class sports mask with 90% virus protection, saved their season, set a good example for the public, but nope.  Still don't get it.

SAR I

The NFL floated a few player mask prototypes to work with the helmets but several high profile players said publicly that they would refuse to wear them. I am guessing that this was on the table during the bargaining session between the players union and the owners but got voted down.

• Upvote 1