Jump to content

Jets-Chargers Game Thread


Recommended Posts

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh wow, 3-7??

This changes everything!

It actually would, but not in a good way. 

Being 3-7 right now with this roster and coaching staff would be an unmitigated disaster, because not only would it prevent us from getting Lawrence or Fields, but it would also give Darnold and Gase a chance to be back next year, even though Darnold would only be responsible for one of the wins in this scenario. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really like the way this team takes care of its business.  Went up against a 1-win Denver team early in the season, and took care of them.  2 win Pats team on Monday night a couple of weeks ago, we

Denzel Mims is the first NYJ rookie WR since 1970 with 40+ rec yards in each of their first 4 career games.   Suck it, JD haters.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure, yeah its good when QB's are able to make pre-snap reads.  

The problem i have with this QB issue, is the amount of times a Jet QB has to get rid of the ball with people in his face. If it happened less frequently and the QB, folded,i'd be with with you on the anybody but the guy we have now. But, s... Everytime they have to hold a block and give the QB a clean pocket, they can't. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, genot said:

The problem i have with this QB issue, is the amount of times a Jet QB has to get rid of the ball with people in his face. If it happened less frequently and the QB, folded,i'd be with with you on the anybody but the guy we have now. But, s... Everytime they have to hold a block and give the QB a clean pocket, they can't. 

You're discounting the many, many times Darnold has just held onto the ball and took unnecessary sacks.  Most notably on the play where he hurt his shoulder.  

He has no ability to take command of the huddle, make pre-snap reads, has no feel for pressure, poor instincts on when to throw the ball away, and makes unnecessarily risky throws into heavy traffic, off his back foot.  He also misses seeing wide open receivers while staring open ones down.  Even when he finds open receivers, he's very good at making poor throws to them, too.

Other than all that, sure, its all the OL's fault that Sam Darnold sucks a giant d**k.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are 0-10 because of Mike Maccagnan.  

Since Week 4, Darnold’s injuries, and the fire sale, this season has been a mulligan for all involved.  

I will be following Adam Gase as head coach of the New York Jets next season.  You should be pleased by how hard this broken team is playing for him.  

SAR I

Bring on the bullsh*t!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We are 0-10 because of Mike Maccagnan.  

Since Week 4, Darnold’s injuries, and the fire sale, this season has been a mulligan for all involved.  

I will be following Adam Gase as head coach of the New York Jets next season.  You should be pleased by how hard this broken team is playing for him.  

SAR I

 

wf.gif

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Down two scores with 6 minutes left they’re huddling up and running the ball. No sense of urgency. This has nothing to do with football, it’s just common sense to hurry the **** up and score as fast as you can. 
 

worst case scenario is the Jets hire another coach and Joe Douglas has nothing to do with it other than looking like the 3rd stooge at the Johnson press conference. They draft Lawrence and ruin him like they did Darnold. And Darnold winds up with the Patriots for nothing and he becomes a franchise qb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're discounting the many, many times Darnold has just held onto the ball and took unnecessary sacks.  Most notably on the play where he hurt his shoulder.  

He has no ability to take command of the huddle, make pre-snap reads, has no feel for pressure, poor instincts on when to throw the ball away, and makes unnecessarily risky throws into heavy traffic, off his back foot.  He also misses seeing wide open receivers while staring open ones down.  Even when he finds open receivers, he's very good at making poor throws to them, too.

Other than all that, sure, its all the OL's fault that Sam Darnold sucks a giant d**k.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sam-darnold-simply-next-usc-quarterback-flop-nfl-023025841.html 

teams in the top 10 need a quarterback and someone will surely bet on his moxie and accuracy to become their franchise cornerstone. It’s a losing bet however and in turn, a colossal mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Are you on drugs?

It should be very obvious that Johnson, Gase, and Douglas are in this rebuild together and for the long haul.  It's that type of commitment to a strategy that allows them to make hard decisions like the losing and the fire sale and why this team is playing so hard despite every reason not to.

If Gase were a gonner, he'd be complaining and signaling his displeasure.  Coaches agents would be leaking the Jets interest in their candidates.  The players would be making comments and pointing blame.  Johnson, who attends every game and has never met a microphone he didn't like, would be making telling comments directed at the fans.  And what's happening?  Crickets.  

That dysfunction we all wanted gone?  Guess, what, it is.  The Jets are going this the right way, just like we wanted them to.  They are committing to a GM and HC who are in sync and are going to turn this thing around.  Year 1 and 2 will be ugly and there will be no tickets sold, quite convenient, perhaps the very reason why the Jets aren't doing the same ol' knee-jerk overreaction to appease SOJF's.  It's all good.  Enjoy.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SAR I said:

It should be very obvious that Johnson, Gase, and Douglas are in this rebuild together and for the long haul.  It's that type of commitment to a strategy that allows them to make hard decisions like the losing and the fire sale and why this team is playing so hard despite every reason not to.

If Gase were a gonner, he'd be complaining and signaling his displeasure.  Coaches agents would be leaking the Jets interest in their candidates.  The players would be making comments and pointing blame.  Johnson, who attends every game and has never met a microphone he didn't like, would be making telling comments directed at the fans.  And what's happening?  Crickets.  

That dysfunction we all wanted gone?  Guess, what, it is.  The Jets are going this the right way, just like we wanted them to.  They are committing to a GM and HC who are in sync and are going to turn this thing around.  Year 1 and 2 will be ugly and there will be no tickets sold, quite convenient, perhaps the very reason why the Jets aren't doing the same ol' knee-jerk overreaction to appease SOJF's.  It's all good.  Enjoy.

SAR I

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2020 at 6:44 PM, Beerfish said:

The problem Rich is that our GM has no firm control over the team or the actions of the head coach.  He cannot walk in and tell Gase what to do at all.  He can't even fire the guy.

The Jets org structure is set up to make the GM a glorified scout.  Gase and Douglas report separately to the CEO and they both have the same power.

The Jets will have this issue forever until the ownership group sees the light and the Johnsons are dumb as posts.

We have had an issue with REx and idzik, mac and bowles, mac and gase and now what we have here.

The Jets are a travesty from the top down.

Oh Im aware and agree, how stupid is that? Johnson is actually in charge and the only good move Gase ever made was going to Big Chris to get rid of Maccagnan, JD needs to repeat that trick and get control or he will ruin his career too. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...