Jets-Chargers Game Thread

Joejet

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thought so.  

I hope after the draft you man up,and admit that being wrong about a draft decision isn't something to be ashamed about. It's nice when a good QB has time to eat a taco,then deliver a pass to his receivers,like Herbert. You can really put up some big numbers with that protection

• Upvote 2

Gregg Williams needs to be fired as much as Adam Gase does. 

I couldn't care less how many defensive injuries we have and/or how much we lack defensive talent and how good of a Quarterback Herbert is; you do not let a rookie QB pass for 3 TD's/0 INTs, damn near 400 passing yards with a QB Rating over 100. 

Gregg Williams has to go (too). 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Darnold hasn't consistently shown anything worth believing in. 

I think they did the kid wrong, but it doesn’t matter.  JD will want his own pick in that spot and it almost certainly will be Lawrence.  Darnold will get another chance elsewhere — which he deserves by the way — and my money is on him succeeding.  He’ll, it may be in NE and could feed us our lunch.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, genot said:

I hope after the draft you man up,and admit that being wrong about a draft decision isn't something to be ashamed about. It's nice when a good QB has time to eat a taco,then deliver a pass to his receivers,like Herbert. You can really put up some big numbers with that protection

Its nice when a QB has talent, mental toughness, and pocket presence, like Herbert does.

Can't wait for Douglas to draft one of those types of QB's in April.  And then tosses that other guy, who he didn't draft, to the curb for whatever pick(s) he can get.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Its nice when a QB has talent, mental toughness, and pocket presence, like Herbert does.

Can't wait for Douglas to draft one of those types of QB's in April.  And then tosses that other guy, who he didn't draft, to the curb for whatever pick(s) he can get.

He had all day to throw the football. I don't believe he got hit more than once. Its like throwing a football to your friend in the backyard.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I hope Gardner Minshew comes back soon. I think the Jets are going to squeeze out a win one of these weeks because of the young kids so we need the Jags to win another game. 

Lost in the discussion of how the Jets need to improve next year is how bad our linebackers are. I know we hopefully get Mosely back, but the Jets are going to need another competent starter. Hewitt and Langi are awful in coverage and Cashman is made of glass. 

• Upvote 1

SORE I Monday morning bullsh*t:

• They didn’t quit on “Adam”!  Great coaching.  Uh, no, they’re playing for their next contract.
  • Did you see Mims in the second half!!!  Uh, did you see him in the first half?  Me either.
  • Gore is a beast!  Uh, a 63 year old beat.
  • They need to extend “Adam” before another team signs him.  Hahahahaha

B66E1039-1EBB-49EF-9D99-1C5BDD971F8F.jpeg

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ausman said:

I think they did the kid wrong, but it doesn’t matter.  JD will want his own pick in that spot and it almost certainly will be Lawrence.  Darnold will get another chance elsewhere — which he deserves by the way — and my money is on him succeeding.  He’ll, it may be in NE and could feed us our lunch.

Agreed

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ausman said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

You are correct - it doesn't matter. 

What does matter is that Sam has been a bad QB in his third season as a starting QB - that is almost always game over for young QBs with their first team. If you are right, he will shine elsewhere. But, it's worth pointing out that it's very hard to find a QB who ended up being good after having three seasons to start his career that were as poor as Darnold's have been. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Jets would be 3-7 right now if Gregg Williams did his job against Denver, New England, and Los Angeles.  

SAR I

The defense is seriously lacking talent right now.  Even if we had Adams, Leo,and Mosley back there,we'd still be crying for a Revis and Abraham type player. No

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's no excuse for playing like dog-sh*t in every game, no.  It doesn't give you a mulligan on a season, no.

Flacco has played far better today than Darnold has all season.  Same team, same coaching staff, better QB play.  

SMH. Can you tell me which game Darnold had his 3 receivers? I must have missed that one. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The Jets would be 3-7 right now if Gregg Williams did his job against Denver, New England, and Los Angeles.  

SAR I

Adam Gase is the first and only coach within Jets Franchise history to start off a season 0-10. 

(and you're more than welcome to follow him to whichever team he goes to after he's FIRED immediately following HIS 0-16 season). 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can you tell me where it says in the NFL rulebook that a QB must only play like sh*t if he doesn't have all of his WRs healthy?

I'm no Gase fan, but the talent is way worse than the coach....just look at what most call the GOAT coach.  This is the least talented team in history of the league.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Adam Gase is the first and only coach within Jets Franchise history to start off a season 0-10. 

(and you're more than welcome to follow him to whichever team he goes to after he's FIRED immediately following HIS 0-16 season). 

We are 0-10 because of Mike Maccagnan.  

Since Week 4, Darnold’s injuries, and the fire sale, this season has been a mulligan for all involved.  

I will be following Adam Gase as head coach of the New York Jets next season.  You should be pleased by how hard this broken team is playing for him.  

SAR I