Disgraceful Loss. Jets Just Embarrassed the NFL

Just now, neckdemon said:

seriously though......you don't mount a second half comeback and stop a goal to go situation with less than 2 minutes remaining if you are throwing the game. 

The players aren't tanking. Sam Darnold isn't tanking. It doesn't run that deep.

But Gregg Williams put them in a bad situation. Why?

image.png

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The 2020 NY Jets will go down in history as one of, if not THE, worst team ever to play Professional Football.  It'll be a stigma we'll have to live with forever.

We might get a good prospect out of it.  A prospect we might have still got even if we won today, no way to know really.  

It is what it is really.  Hard to get too worked up about it.  We're fans of one of the worst franchises in Sports.  We should really be used to it by now, all of it, really.

I feel like nothing that happens in sports this year will be remembered at all. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Maxman said:

The players aren't tanking. Sam Darnold isn't tanking. It doesn't run that deep.

image.png

if this were the case he would have made sure to put them in bad situations earlier in the game. greg williams is just who he is. the guy who payed bounties to his players. the guy who wants to blitz the qb with 30 seconds remaining to get a sack and add insult to injury. its just who he is

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

image.png

Because Gregg Williams and Adam Gase have had and will have very long careers in the NFL and want to be good soldiers in the eyes of their, and every other, organization. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

if this were the case he would have made sure to put them in bad situations earlier in the game. greg williams is just who he is. the guy who payed bounties to his players. the guy who wants to blitz the qb with 30 seconds remaining to get a sack and add insult to injury. its just who he is

Greg Williams did that as well. 

7 rushers. Someone else (I didn't rewatch the play) was in the middle, not sure if it was Hewitt but looked like he was spying Carr but didn't blitz. He was just hanging out there.

Oh and 3 guys in man to man coverage with no safety help?

Look I will be thrilled if the Jets get the 1st round pick. But Williams is answering to someone\something else with that play call. No other team called a defense like that in that situation this year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maxman said:

7 rushers. Someone else (I didn't rewatch the play) was in the middle, not sure if it was Hewitt but looked like he was spying Carr but didn't blitz. He was just hanging out there.

Look I will be thrilled if the Jets get the 1st round pick. But Williams is answering to someone\something else with that play call. No other team called a defense like that in that situation this year.

and when greg williams is fired at the end of the year? 

Just now, Dunnie said:

Mina Kimes job is make sh*t up and find dirt anywhere she can for ESPN.

I never heard of her before I saw that tweet. It was still a great tweet and seems to be true. The Jets are committed to the tank. The current I.R. list supports that. Bless Austin is feeling fine but he is on I.R.  Frank Gore is getting all of the carries. The young kids looked to be a big improvement today.

I am in no way complaining. Bring on the 1st pick.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I think we had UDFA rookie Lamar Jackson covering Ruggs, who is one of the fastest players in the league.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maxman said:

I never heard of her before I saw that tweet. It was still a great tweet and seems to be true. The Jets are committed to the tank. The current I.R. list supports that. Bless Austin is feeling fine but he is on I.R.  Frank Gore is getting all of the carries. The young kids looked to be a big improvement today.

it's a funny tweet no doubt. i just don't believe it was a intentional call to throw the game. if you are throwing the game you are doing it on the drive beforehand at the very least. and most likely you are making sure way before even that drive that the game is out of reach. if greg williams becomes our new head coach i will give some credence to this theory though

There is no reason to stop the Raiders on the goal to go series before the TD if this was a tank. Why risk Carr misfiring  (again)? Why come back from 11 down?

And if they are tanking, so what?  It’s a few weeks sacrificed for the possibility of 10-15 years of success. Anybody upset by this loss is not a true fan and has priorities screwed up. I have seen years and years of meaningless wins in December that meant nothing and awful losses that meant everything. All that matters now is getting the top pick, firing Gase and staff, hiring the right coach, drafting Lawrence, having Lawrence fulfill his potential, and building around him with strong drafts and smart signings

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He might walk away with a bonus from a hand shake deal that benefits him. The kind that is pretty common with corporate types.

i just think that if this is the case you aren't waiting until 30 seconds left in the game and hoping for a miracle. you are taking a dive way before this. that's my opinion on this, i doubt we will ever know for sure

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Jets have always been an embarrassment for the NFL 

And we can continue to be an embarrassment for the rest of the season till we have Trevor Lawrence and a new coach.  But we'll still be better off.  So continue... anti-tank crowd and express your disappointment.  

5 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i just think that if this is the case you aren't waiting until 30 seconds left in the game and hoping for a miracle. you are taking a dive way before this. that's my opinion on this, i doubt we will ever know for sure

This is Gregg Williams we are talking about. He will spill the beans eventually. Might be on a 30 for 30 on the Tank after Lawrence wins a Super Bowl with the Jets.  :)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If it was a tank Darnold doesn’t score to put the Jets up 28-24, Maye wouldn’t be balling, the Jets wouldn’t have essentially won the game except for the Ashtyn Davis penalty, etc. 

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The D was balling all game. If you’re throwing a game you don’t let it get that close. 

This

• Upvote 1

Google her, she’s kind of a smoke show to boot!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If it was a tank Darnold doesn’t score to put the Jets up 28-24, Maye wouldn’t be balling, the Jets wouldn’t have essentially won the game except for the Ashtyn Davis penalty, etc. 

well to be fair there's no way the players would be in on a tank....especially not darnold

• Upvote 2