Put Becton, QW, Maye and Mims on Covid19 list?

Philc1

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Ok that’s good as long as they’re not really sick. 

Let's look at the science, at their age & health status they would only have a 99.6% chance of survival...unless they ate indoors at a restaurant. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You guys still don't get it. Tanking is a fan thing. The team and coaches are trying to win a game so not to go down in the record books as the 4th 0-16 team. 

Players don’t tank, obviously.  But management can decided to rest/IR players to give us the best chance to lose.  The Bucs did this in the second half in week 17 several years ago to ensure they secured the #1 pick (Jamies Winston)

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Players don’t tank, obviously.  But management can decided to rest/IR players to give us the best chance to lose.  The Bucs did this in the second half in week 17 several years ago to ensure they secured the #1 pick (Jamies Winston)

I highly doubt anyone in the organization is telling or even hoping they lose out. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Colts did a franchise wide tank job in 2011 to get Luck

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Only way to seal the tank when Belichick starts Stidham in Wk 17

I believe that would be considered cheating.  The kind of cheating the NFL might find actionable, and cost us draft picks.

And anyway, aren't we the standup team fanbase that berates Bellichek and Brady for their cheating? 

Now you want to join them in the cheaters club?

/Shrug.  What will be, will be.  No point in stressing about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

The idea that Belichick would intentionally lose to an 0-15 Jet team is utter lunacy.

Belichick, like any other coach, can't go out there and lose the game for his players.  But, if losing is preferable to him to keep Lawrence away from the Jets, he can put his team in the best position to lose.  Do you think its lunacy that he may start Stidham?

1 minute ago, WhartonJet said:

Belichick, like any other coach, can't go out there and lose the game for his players.  But, if losing is preferable to him to keep Lawrence away from the Jets, he can put his team in the best position to lose.  Do you think its lunacy that he may start Stidham?

Belichick wants to win every game he plays and I'm sure the last thing he's concerned about is a rookie QB on the Jets being good. As I said, the notion that the Patriots are going. to lay down for the Jets week 17 is completely absurd. Cam is one of the worst QBs in the NFL and Stidham is worse than that, but they trounced the Chargers 45-0 a couple weeks ago and will have 0 issue beating the Jets no matter whom plays.

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Then why are all the patriots fans on ESPN hoping he benches Newton week 17?

Stop watching ESPN.

5 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Belichick has been trying desperately to prove haters like me wrong all season and make the playoffs without Brady.  By week 17 he will be officially eliminated from the playoffs.  He’s starting Stidham

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

This would be highly upsetting if true.  I really can't fathom how some fans still don't comprehend this.  Assuming Joe D believes Trevor Lawrence is a superior prospect to Justin Fields (most people do), we should absolutely be making executive level decisions to ensure we get the #1 pick.

There is no prize for going 1-15 vs. 0-16.  There is no culture change at 1-15.  It would be the height of stupidity to try to win a meaningless game and lose out on a QB prospect JD values ahead of other prospects at #1 overall.  This is true whether you think Trevor Lawrence is generational or not.

The Bucs preferred Jameis Winston over Marcus Mariota and made sure they lost their last game so they could get him.  Neither QB was accused of being generational.  You make sure you get "YOUR QB"

I don't think you understand. Tanking is a fan thing and all the fans want to tank. They want 0-16. Players don't tank. Being part of 0-16 is a black mark on their career so they are trying to avoid that. To them, 1-15 is immeasurablely better than 0-16. If we are 0-15 going into the Pat's game and the Jets win, you will see players celebrating like they won the SB. 

The same can be said for the coaches. They ha E careers to think about and not being able to help a team win even 1 game is goi g to hurt that career. It's like being an account executive watching your company screw up every contract and doing nothing to fix it. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't think you understand. Tanking is a fan thing and all the fans want to tank. They want 0-16. Players don't tank. Being part of 0-16 is a black mark on their career so they are trying to avoid that. To them, 1-15 is immeasurablely better than 0-16. If we are 0-15 going into the Pat's game and the Jets win, you will see players celebrating like they won the SB. 

The same can be said for the coaches. They ha E careers to think about and not being able to help a team win even 1 game is goi g to hurt that career. It's like being an account executive watching your company screw up every contract and doing nothing to fix it. 

Maybe you didn’t read where I said players obviously don’t tank, and coaches who have no guarantee of being retained don’t tank.  But you obviously don’t get that ORGANIZATIONS do in fact tank.  They do this by sitting/IRing players to put themselves in the best position to lose.

Look no further than the Colts to get Peyton Manning and the Bucs to get Jamies Winston.  When you have an opportunity to secure a QB that you value over other prospects at the #1 pick, smart organizations do what they need to so they secure their guy.

We can only hope the Jets are smart enough to see past your (and others) short sightedness

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

Maybe you didn’t read where I said players obviously don’t tank, and coaches who have no guarantee of being retained don’t tank.  But you obviously don’t get that ORGANIZATIONS do in fact tank.  They do this by sitting/IRing players to put themselves in the best position to lose.

Look no further than the Colts to get Peyton Manning and the Bucs to get Jamies Winston.  When you have an opportunity to secure a QB that you value over other prospects at the #1 pick, smart organizations do what they need to so they secure their guy.

We can only hope the Jets are smart enough to see past your (and others) short sightedness

I don't think it's possible in football to tank. I think you can do it in basketball and baseball where one individual player makes or breaks a team but I'm the team sports, it isn't possible unless the whole team is in on it. The best you can do is trade all the valuable assets which the Jets have already done. 

This is all moot anyway. There is no chance we are beatng the Rams or Browns. Both teams need that game against us. I also highly doubt BB wants his team to be known as the only one to lose to the Jets. 0-16 is nearly a sure thing and I only say nearly because the Pat's could legit lose to the Jets. They are that bad

40 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Quick- name me a player on the 0-16 Lions?  Who was the QB without looking it up?  

Players don't tank and I know they play to to win every game,  but the only people who will be here next year can- and that is Douglas and the Johnsons. They should determine the personnel for that last game and treat it like the 4th preseason game - evaluate the young players for the future.  Morgan should play QB and Becton should be rested with a "shoulder" injury.  Sit Perriman, Mims, Crowder.  Sit Maye.

Going 1-15 vs 0-16 is not going to remove the stain of this season from Gase.

The problem is that you will be celebrating that win along with the players because you just don't get it.   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1