What do you think of this mock draft?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-mock-draft-crabbs-4.0

San_Francisco_49ers_logo.svg.png
49ers

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

TRADE: San Francisco trades 2021 1st & 2nd round picks, 2022 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks & 2023 3rd round pick to New York (Jets) for No. 2 overall

The 49ers make a big splash. The Jets make a shocking move. Welcome to pandemonium, everyone!

Just depends on how much JD likes Sewell and if he thinks Becton/Sewell can exist on the same oline without causing issues.

If he thinks it's better to draft an OT that projects as a great RT...  then hell yeah this is good.

But if he believes Becton and Sewell can coexist on the same line (and under the cap in a few years) then I'd rather just take the "sure thing" in Sewell.

10 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

49ers

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

TRADE: San Francisco trades 2021 1st & 2nd round picks, 2022 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks & 2023 3rd round pick to New York (Jets) for No. 2 overall

The 49ers make a big splash. The Jets make a shocking move. Welcome to pandemonium, everyone!

right now the 49ers are picking 15th.  that's a little too high.  they'd need to package something down in the 10's and, better yet, more picks for 2021 and 2022.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

49ers

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

Where do I sign?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:
5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Just depends on how much JD likes Sewell and if he thinks Becton/Sewell can exist on the same oline without causing issues.

If he thinks it's better to draft an OT that projects as a great RT...  then hell yeah this is good.

But if he believes Becton and Sewell can coexist on the same line (and under the cap in a few years) then I'd rather just take the "sure thing" in Sewell.

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Throw in the coach and we got a deal

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Could you imagine if Joe Douglas passed on a QB this year to stick with Sam Darnold and Sam has the same type of year next year as he did this year? Douglas will go immediately on the hot seat if he isn't fired. Especially if Fields and/or Wilson look good. 

I just can't see Douglas not taking a QB with the number 2 overall pick. 

There are good Qb prospects almost very single year.  This time next year we will be talking about 3 or 4 hot shot Qb prospects.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There are good Qb prospects almost very single year.  This time next year we will be talking about 3 or 4 hot shot Qb prospects.

So what’s the argument here? That Sam will suck hard enough to get us another premium pick next season? Not exactly an endorsement.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Right. But will we be picking 2nd overall? 

What if we're talking about 3 or 4 new QB prospects next year and we're picking 10th or 11th? Just saying...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

So what’s the argument here? That Sam will suck hard enough to get us another premium pick next season? Not exactly an endorsement.

No the argument is that the previous poster was lamenting missing out on QBs this year as a reason not to consider a trade.  Of course there is nothing in your dna that would ever make you take common sense into account.  If your post is not RAWR! Darnold sucks! it can't be posted.  We could be talking about the Dline and your post would be RAWR! Darnold sucks!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Right. But will we be picking 2nd overall? 

What if we're talking about 3 or 4 new QB prospects next year and we're picking 10th or 11th? Just saying...

We will have lots of ammo to trade up if we have to.

History suggests you do not need to be picking 1st or 2nd to get a good QB.

Hey I would be surprised if the jets seriously get a big enough trade down offer. 

I'm just saying QBs are out every year and often 3 or 4 of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No the argument is that the previous poster was lamenting missing out on QBs this year as a reason not to consider a trade.  Of course there is nothing in your dna that would ever make you take common sense into account.  If your post is not RAWR! Darnold sucks! it can't be posted.  We could be talking about the Dline and your post would be RAWR! Darnold sucks!

So is this emotional response the right way to “common sense?”

take notes GIF

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

With 3 1st rounders to help move up.

That’s actually backwards when you can get your QB now and still keep you're first round picks next year. Very counterproductive 

I highly doubt SanFran goes any position besides CB, they technically aren’t desperate for a QB, even though they could use a upgrade. Besides I highly doubt SF would mortgage their future for a skinny frame QB that needed surgery on both shoulders.

This is just click bait for 2 of America’s largest media markets NYC and Cal imo 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

if your gonna use all those picks to trade up for a qb next year whats the point of the trade down? Just take fields and be done with it.

They’re desperate to manufacture a way to make it seem logical to keep the worst qualifying QB in the NFL. Getting sad to watch.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

They’re desperate to manufacture a way to make it seem logical to keep the worst qualifying QB in the NFL. Getting sad to watch.

Seriously it’s very cringe worthy, basically telling us our eyes and the stats are lying. Even if we bring up a situation like Cincinnati, literally worst situation (talent wise) but magically have better playing QBs(starter and backup) and they will still ignore those facts. They will say washed up A.J. and rookie Tee Higgins are all world players. 

It’s literally like living out that saying: “piss down my leg and tell me it’s rain”

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

if your gonna use all those picks to trade up for a qb next year whats the point of the trade down? Just take fields and be done with it.

For a few reasons:

1.  Sam may still be good.  TL was supposed to be this amazing talent, but I think he's done just average vs good teams.  You think he would have done much better than Sam on the Jets this year?

2.  You get two 1st rounders this year.  Who would help the rookie QB next year.  Instead of walking into a team similar to what ruined Sam's first 3 years.

3.  Imagine, as I expect, Sam thrives with a better team around him.  Now you'd have three 1st rounders in 2022 to build on that.

Me?  I still stay put at #2 and take Sewell, but this trade down seems cool too.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

For a few reasons:

1.  Sam may still be good.  TL was supposed to be this amazing talent, but I think he's done just average vs good teams.  You think he would have done much better than Sam on the Jets this year?

2.  You get two 1st rounders this year.  Who would help the rookie QB next year.  Instead of walking into a team similar to what ruined Sam's first 3 years.

3.  Imagine, as I expect, Sam thrives with a better team around him.  Now you'd have three 1st rounders in 2022 to build on that.

Me?  I still stay put at #2 and take Sewell, but this trade down seems cool too.

But based on what??

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Seriously it’s very cringe worthy, basically telling us our eyes and the stats are lying. Even if we bring up a situation like Cincinnati, literally worst situation (talent wise) but magically have better playing QBs(starter and backup) and they will still ignore those facts. They will say washed up A.J. and rookie Tee Higgins are all world players. 

It’s literally like living out that saying: “piss down my leg and tell me it’s rain”

It’s very hard for some people to admit they are wrong on the Internet. I thought Sam was The One and Macc fell ass backwards into a bed of roses when Giants took Saquon. But then evidence happened. I was wrong and I changed my mind. See, not that hard.

• Post of the Week 2

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

For a few reasons:

1. He has shown nothing to prove this

2. Moot point 

3.Again all odds and evidence points to Sam being a bust.

We have the bottom ranked QB for the last 3 seasons, and we have 2 rookie QBs with higher upside and we take a RT?????? Is this a joke ? Serious question 

• Upvote 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

2. Moot point 

We have the bottom ranked QB for the last 3 seasons, and we have 2 rookie QBs with higher upside and we take a RT?????? Is this a joke ? Serious question 

But feelings!!! He’s such a good boy! And polite!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

With 3 1st rounders to help move up.

Yeah. I get that. But for argument sake, if we just used the 2nd overall pick on a QB this year, we can then use our second first rounder this year, and our 2 first rounders next year to just build around that QB instead of having to trade draft capital to move up and get a guy next year.

I guess it depends on what you think about the current group of QB's coming out.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

49ers

Zach Wilson

QB, BYU

Get a player as well Joey D. Get a player as well.

7 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Yeah. I get that. But for argument sake, if we just used the 2nd overall pick on a QB this year, we can then use our second first rounder this year, and our 2 first rounders next year to just build around that QB instead of having to trade draft capital to move up and get a guy next year.

I guess it depends on what you think about the current group of QB's coming out.

Psst... it’s more about how they feel about Sam...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Could you imagine if Joe Douglas passed on a QB this year to stick with Sam Darnold and Sam has the same type of year next year as he did this year? Douglas will go immediately on the hot seat if he isn't fired. Especially if Fields and/or Wilson look good. 

I just can't see Douglas not taking a QB with the number 2 overall pick. 

unless next years QBs in the draft are better. and JD should know now what next years crop of QBs will look like

3 hours ago, jgb said:

But based on what??

It’s very hard for some people to admit they are wrong on the Internet. I thought Sam was The One and Macc fell ass backwards into a bed of roses when Giants took Saquon. But then evidence happened. I was wrong and I changed my mind. See, not that hard.

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

2. Moot point 

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't follow college ball.  So I realize I don't know as much as many here.

With that said, for months I've been hearing "Lawrence is the best thing since boobs were invented!"

So I watch the game the other night vs Fields.  And...  eh...  

Plus I heard during the game TL didn't do great in the 3 games he had vs quality teams.  

That tells me he's not a "generational" talent.  All that hype was BS.  And here on this board, because Fields played great, now guys are saying maybe Fields is the top QB.

It's all just a crap shoot.  Sometimes the best QB is the 3rd or 5th QB taken.

Yeah if there was a truly great, can't miss, rookie QB, sure I'd be for it.

I am pretty sure though that TL or Fields would not have done well on the Jets the last 3 years.  No one would have.  We really sucked.

So I think Sam can be (or is) just as good as those two.  At least it's worth a shot to try with a solid team/coach around him.

I mean why waste a #2 pick on a QB when we could have one already?

If we build a great oline, add a top WR, and a good RB, and Sam does suck...  no biggie.  Draft one next season.  Then at least the new QB in 2022 benefits from the resources spent this year (including the #2 pick Sewell hopefully).

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1