Trading for Carson Wentz seems like the obvious move for Douglas

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bring in Wentz and his boy Ertz.  

Yep. And in this scenario you could even keep Darnold for another year on his rookie deal, and have him and Wentz fight for the starting job in camp. Then hope one takes it and runs with it. If both fail we'd have the ammo to move up in next year's draft.

This allows JD to either take Sewell at #2, or move down and get more picks. We'd get a massive influx of players from the draft this year and next.

We have a ton of holes on the team. This is how you fill them with cheap young talent.

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Yep. And in this scenario you could even keep Darnold for another year on his rookie deal, and have him and Wentz fight for the starting job in camp. Then hope one takes it and runs with it. If both fail we'd have the ammo to move up in next year's draft.

This allows JD to either take Sewell at #2, or move down and get more picks. We'd get a massive influx of players from the draft this year and next.

We have a ton of holes on the team. This is how you fill them with cheap young talent.

Wow this fan base is so stuck on Darnold and accepting of mediocre and bellow average play they actually think something like this makes sense...

Smfh ???????

• Upvote 2

The fact that JD has a history with Carson Wentz this may have some merit. 
JD wants to part ways with Sam Darnold. 
JD is not intrigued with any of the QB's other than TL in the 2021 NFL draft. 
JD would rather roll with Wentz and Morgan and use the #2 or  trade down or draft a playmaker. 

Please post any link that substantiates even one phrase of this fact filled paragraph ... just one.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

emoji848.pngemoji53.pngemoji53.pngemoji53.pngemoji53.pngemoji2957.pngemoji2957.pngemoji2957.pngemoji2957.pngemoji2957.png

Please post any link that substantiates even one phrase of this fact filled paragraph ... just one.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

JD was with the Philadelphia Eagles In 2016, Douglas joined the Philadelphia Eagles to become their Vice President of Player Personnel. where Carson Wentz is a member of the team he was drafted in 2016. 

Theres one...just one. 

14 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Put Wentz on the Titans and how does he look?  
He always looked the part to me, outside of this year. 

Counterpoint:  Put Jalen Hurts in at center on the Eagles, with the same supposedly sh*tty HC and supporting cast, and how did HE look (up until Week 17, at least)? 

Wentz had promise.  But he's a stubborn mule and a$$hole.  He doesn't listen to coaches and alienates teammates.  He's worse in that regard than Jay Cutler.  You can't win with him in the long run.  He's not good enough to be worth the risk for anybody.  

Big no for me as I can actually see this happening. Is this the “Big trade” (hopefully not) . I would like them to take a QB at 2 but who knows how they feel about Fields or Wilson. Miami sits at 3, logically they probably wouldn’t take a QB at 3 but given the unconventional way Flores and the Fins are it wouldn’t surprise me. Coaching hire will be telling and of course FA. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Big no for me as I can actually see this happening. Is this the “Big trade” (hopefully not) . I would like them to take a QB at 2 but who knows how they feel about Fields or Wilson. Miami sits at 3, logically they probably wouldn’t take a QB at 3 but given the unconventional way Flores and the Fins are it wouldn’t surprise me. Coaching hire will be telling and of course FA. 

Good post.

At first I was sure the fin's wouldn't pick a QB but after the Fitz love and the bad last game by Tua i'm not so sure now. 

If the Jet's don't take a QB at 2 it really set up the fin's for either a massive hall should they trade down or QB...going to be an awesome off season. 

2 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Good post.

At first I was sure the fin's wouldn't pick a QB but after the Fitz love and the bad last game by Tua i'm not so sure now. 

If the Jet's don't take a QB at 2 it really set up the fin's for either a massive hall should they trade down or QB...going to be an awesome off season. 

Don’t want to look back and say damn we should have taken QB X at 2, while our division rival is thriving at the QB position (JA) . Fins are in a good spot at 3. Tua should have sat the entire season, more then likely they take Sewell or trade down depending how the board goes. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Been a fan of the game for forever now and have you ever seen so many good QB's become available? This offseason Stafford, Wentz and Sam Darnold are all likely to be traded. I like Stafford but he won't want to come here at his age. Guys like him and Ryan are in their last few years. I've see these types of trades. Guys like Sam I consider similar to Rosen or Garropolo. These are QB's that really have not proven themselves at all. This happens pretty often. 

Carson Wentz being traded usually just does not happen. He has 3 very good years in the books with an MVP type season with no weapons. He is prototypical size, has a good arm and is still very young. The only time I've seen this type of trade is the Ryan Tannehill trade. That cost the Titans a 4th rounder and I would assume Wentz cost somewhere in that price range. 

Even if Wentz cost a 3rd rounder how is not the obvious move?  A few things to consider:

1. Age - Wentz turned 28 a few days ago. He is still super young for a QB. Similar to Tannehill. 

2. Contract - I don't see this as an issue as we have plenty of cap room, theres an out in his contract after next year and hes already said he would renog a contract. 

3. Stats - This guy was ranked as the 8th QB overall coming into the year. The Eagles have never given him any WR except for Ertz and this year that whole team was injured. Look at his career stats outside of this year and you'll see a guy that could put up a top 10 season any year moving forward. His INT were 7 the last few years before this disaster. 

4. Bust Rate at QB in the Draft - Fields looked great the other night. But is he just a better Haskins? Is Zach Wilson's Labrum going to tear again when hes getting sacked 50 times next year? Half of the QB's drafted bust. Its just a fact. Wentz is not going to bust. We know what he is and for his price (3rd or 4th rounder) the risk is so low. 

5. Connection with Joe Douglas - Joe just came from the Eagles. Pretty Obvious no?

This is a very rare situation just like  Tannehill's situation where you could steal a Franchise QB for nothing. Just like Tannehill he looks like total crap this year surrounded by injuries and terrible coaching. Pederson has sucked without Reich. The cost to acquire him is likely little and it avoids the whole "Draft the wrong QB and Fire everyone 2 years from now". 

Take Sewell or Ransom Fields for multiple first and we are competing for the east next year. If things break right we get a young Franchise QB for nothing just like the Titans did. 

highly doubt it unless Douglas pointing to UNCs Sam Howell in 2022 draft

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

I floated this a while ago in another thread.  I would totally do this if and only if they wanted to give us the 6th overall pick.  I'm not sure it would stop me from taking a QB at 2, though it would be a temptation to pick Sewell 2nd and Jamarr Chase / Devonta Smith 6th.

Oh, and Najee at the end of the first.  I will pound the table for that until my hands bleed.