Forum Upgrade – Back Online

14 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I looked into this, it is still installed and the plugin says it works in this version. I opened a ticket, I am hoping it is something simple like the theme just doesn't have the magnifying glass.  I hope to have it fixed soon, thanks for the heads up.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Snook said:

Not sure if this has been asked and answered but what does a hand mean on a poster's avatar?

Somebody asked that and I tried looking it up but I'm not sure. I couldn't find anyone I looked. The moderators look like they have a shield or something like that.

I'll try to find out what the hand means.

On 2/22/2021 at 2:02 AM, Maxman said:

I am not sure if this font was selected by IPB or by the designer. And I'm not much of a font guy but I like the one they picked.

I use readers but it's been easy for me to read this on my phone. I think there is a resizing option too.

But I would say wait until we install dark mode later this week, the contrast might be causing a bigger issue for you right now.

12 hours ago, clayton163v said:

I would like to increase the size of the font when reading the website.  I would also like to make it darker.  Is that possible?

The font seems to be to my tablet settings (samsung/android) in the post editor and on the Jets forum menu, but in the threads its pretty small. If there is a way to jncrease it, that would be ideal. 

1 hour ago, freestater said:

The font seems to be to my tablet settings (samsung/android) in the post editor and on the Jets forum menu, but in the threads its pretty small. If there is a way to jncrease it, that would be ideal. 

Up on the top right, there is a customizer option. Sounds like you need the larger post size option. Please check that, I am going to do a thread explaining all the options once I have the updated theme and dark mode.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

Harder to read and follow on the phone. Not an improvement 

I should have probably locked this thread because the feedback thread is in the main forum. Here is the bottom line:  There are a long list of changes, mobile spacing is on the list.  Waiting for the designer to get us two new updated themes 1) updates the existing one 2) dark mode.

I hope to have that soon, and once I do I will start a new thread outlining all the new features. The customizer in the top right offers so much more flexibility on a user by user basis.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:00 AM, MichaelScott said:

Not sure its a big deal or what it means, just wanted to let you know I've been getting this warning everytime I go to the site since you made the changes. ??‍♂️

Site looks terrific btw. The way you shortened quoted posts to a preview so that you don't need to scroll through long quoted posts is fantastic! 

Screenshot_20210223-085450_Chrome.jpg

Is this still happening? I can't replicate it and the SSL certificate is still installed.  

Anyone else getting this error?

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Up on the top right, there is a customizer option. Sounds like you need the larger post size option. Please check that, I am going to do a thread explaining all the options once I have the updated theme and dark mode.  Thanks.

I used that but it is still too small and too light.   It was better though.

• Upvote 1

The designer has gone through the entire list and he has a solution for the issues and showed me a bunch of changes to the test site. I think we have almost every issue addressed (especially the whiteness).  I am paying an expedited fee to make sure this all gets done soon.

Thanks so much for your patience, hope to having everything installed and updated here very soon.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

The designer has gone through the entire list and he has a solution for the issues and showed me a bunch of changes to the test site. I think we have almost every issue addressed (especially the whiteness).  I am paying an expedited fee to make sure this all gets done soon.

Thanks so much for your patience, hope to having everything installed and updated here very soon.

You want me to ship you a years worth of Fanta orange soda? Good job! 

@Maxman I have a later hour suggestion to the site.  I dont know if anyone cares besides me but is it possible to put the icon of whichever reaction you've received for the post that received one?  Would save the step of opening the post to see if someone agreed or gave a negative vote.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

@Maxman I have a later hour suggestion to the site.  I dont know if anyone cares besides me but is it possible to put the icon of whichever reaction you've received for the post that received one?  Would save the step of opening the post to see if someone agreed or gave a negative vote.

Yeah I don't think the forum software does that, I would love it though so I will check. I actually wish the notifications for reactions and post quotes were shown separately. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2021 at 10:50 AM, Maxman said:

6 months worth then I will let you know when I'm ready for a 2nd shipment. My house is small so storage is an issue. Thanks.

How about 6 months of soda and 8 games worth of toilet paper for the RV?

it’s a deal.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Should have everything installed tomorrow, the changes are all done. Including the one page being too white.  Last issue is the posted in this thread, I am looking into that.

IMG-0251.jpg

The changes for notebook / desktop browsers I requested look great......the border around the popular posts is now a drop shadow, much less obtrusive.  And its much easier to spot threads I'm active in with the bullets and the stars replaced with the quote bubble.  Perfect.

For mobile browers though, the link to click to the most recent post in a thread is still really tiny, very small, hard to hit on the first tap with a thumb or finger on a touchscreen.  Can something be done to make it larger?  Even if the text can't get bigger, perhaps your developer can make an invisible "zone" including the white space that makes the target larger?  It's a really important feature for us non-tapatalk mobile folks.  

Thanks.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

IMG-0251.jpg

The changes for notebook / desktop browsers I requested look great......the border around the popular posts is now a drop shadow, much less obtrusive.  And its much easier to spot threads I'm active in with the bullets and the stars replaced with the quote bubble.  Perfect.

For mobile browers though, the link to click to the most recent post in a thread is still really tiny, very small, hard to hit on the first tap with a thumb or finger on a touchscreen.  Can something be done to make it larger?  Even if the text can't get bigger, perhaps your developer can make an invisible "zone" including the white space that makes the target larger?  It's a really important feature for us non-tapatalk mobile folks.  

Thanks.

SAR I

Thanks!  I am going to move this to the feedback forum, I started a new thread now that the changes are implemented.

I actually have a message out to the developer about that exact issue. I see all the other requested changes, but my eyes are bad, and I didn't see the mobile last post option get bigger.  So I am confirming that and still hope to have good news there.

• Post of the Week 1

Thanks everyone for the feedback, we have updated the site and applied an update.  The new thread that explains everything is here -->  

Please put any notes or thoughts in that new thread. I will check that for feedback, thank you!

• Upvote 1