Forum Upgrade – Back Online

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You had me going back and forth from your post to the Customizer button, couldn't find the fluid with setting, lol

Oh wait, this is great, the bottom all the way on the top right - Customizer, you guys see that?

This is perfect, I thought that was an Admin option, one size fits all. If you see it I just have to start a thread with the changes and everyone can apply what they want -- fluid width, sidebar on the left, etc.  That would be an awesome option.

image.png

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes, I just made a not of this. I can definitely do that. I will take a look and if you don't mind I might PM you for suggestions after I clean it up a bit.

Sure. Do you mind if I ask suggestions for what though? I'm a little confused haha.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Hey take a look now, I moved the entire original group to a group called original. How original, I know.  I know it was mentioned before that a lot of them weren't working, my bad on that. I just deleted hundreds of broken ones.

You can use the Categories option on the top right to sort through by type.  I know there are a lot of them in there, if we need better ones just let me know these are on the older side.

The other thing is there is a Recently Used option. I don't know if that is new to this version, I don't remember seeing it before.  Either way if you fish out ones to use it should save them and make it easier to find them in the future.

Let me know what you think, thanks.

image.png

The addition of categories and (I think) recently used is perfect. Looks much better in my opinion. I'm not really an expert on emojis so maybe others might have suggestions for ones to add or whatever. I think it's ok how it is now. Thanks Max.

• Upvote 1

Just woke up and I'm all out of sorts here man. All out of sorts. Kind of like when my girlfriend comes to MY house and throws out things SHE doesn't like. Yeah like that.. that's kind of how it feels.

My favorite shirt became an old rag, I can't eat spare ribs if they're a week old I need new salt and pepper shakers yada yada yada. Lol

Just kidding I'm sure everything's fine I just got to find my way around. It's very white and bright and making my PTSD act up.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just viewed the site as a guest and Customizer is there, this is great news.

I emailed the programmer for the dark \ night mode theme. Everyone will be able to customize the site however they want now.

Wow! Looks great and I see you were able to add the collapsing quoted post and expand option. Your guy is good. I brought that up yesterday and you were able to pull it off. Unless you had already discussed with SW engineer?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

NOT TO BE A WHINER, but the display looks really spare, like it was soaked in bleach. Too pasty.

Soaked in bleach is an apt description for how blindingly white it is. 

Max.removed the rest

Edited by Maxman
Not going off tooic
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

NOT TO BE A WHINER, but the display looks really spare, like it was soaked in bleach. Too pasty.

1AB5F218-D6E2-4D01-A001-EDAF113DC94F.png

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Soaked in bleach is an apt description for how blindingly white it is.  It is more white than a Proud Boys rally.

He should clutter it up with a bunch of meaningless, useless decoration. Who cares about the user experience or accessibility, make it pop!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks - I didn't get a chance to check mobile yet.

Is this tapatalk or our mobile version? Meaning just going to the site URL on a phone and checking the site that way?

Ya just the site on Safari via mobile. Normally the way I access the site. Thanks for looking into it. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

We can implement one if people want it. It ends up being more work on upgrades and costs more because we pay for the custom updates twice. So I would need to make sure a lot of people wanted it to make sure it was worth it, thanks.

It is very bright on my phone, but it's not a big deal.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just woke up and I'm all out of sorts here man. All out of sorts. Kind of like when my girlfriend comes to MY house and throws out things SHE doesn't like. Yeah like that.. that's kind of how it feels.

My favorite shirt became an old rag, I can't eat spare ribs if they're a week old I need new salt and pepper shakers yada yada yada. Lol

Just kidding I'm sure everything's fine I just got to find my way around. It's very white and bright and making my PTSD act up.

Has that Milk of Magnesia look.  YUKKKK.  Off White sites Matter.  Definitely need to color up the off white background. White on off white is just....to much white. And bring back the Big Butt Fumble or how about a green rotten tomato splat.  Does have a cool new techy feel to it.  ?

rotten.png

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just viewed the site as a guest and Customizer is there, this is great news.

I emailed the programmer for the dark \ night mode theme. Everyone will be able to customize the site however they want now.

site looks good. only thing is it's SOOO WHITE. would be cool to have a little more green

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wow! Looks great and I see you were able to add the collapsing quoted post and expand option. Your guy is good. I brought that up yesterday and you were able to pull it off. Unless you had already discussed with SW engineer?

That was actually included as a feature in the new version of Invision. The timing was funny because you just asked for this.  :)