Wilson Trade question

2 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around how stupid this is. 

So you're saying the Jets should give up Seattle's 3rd rounder as an incentive for Seattle to trade Wilson to another team? 

Why on earth would the Jets do that? 

His theory is that by trading the 3rd and wilson being traded that our seattle 1st next year will be much better.

It's a cray cray non realisitic theory but I think that is his theory.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

If there was a way to do it - i'd give Seattle their third round pick back if they traded wilson  (to another team not to us).   has this ever been done before?   it would be incentive for Seattle to trade the pick as we know it will hurt their draft position.  

Like give up the third for nothing in exchange? I’d say Seattle would have to return something. Even just a conditional 7th. But I wouldn’t do it. Let the other team offer whatever it takes. If that team can offer two 1sts, then an extra 3rd is almost irrelevant, comparatively. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

His theory is that by trading the 3rd and wilson being traded that our seattle 1st next year will be much better.

It's a cray cray non realisitic theory but I think that is his theory.

Lol OH. 

Let other teams get worse on their own accord. The Jets don't have to throw away assets to ensure that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around how stupid this is. 

So you're saying the Jets should give back Seattle's 3rd rounder as an incentive for Seattle to trade Wilson to another team? 

Why on earth would the Jets do that? 

if you spend a few minutes thinking about it you might be able to figure it out.

• Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Like give up the third for nothing in exchange? I’d say Seattle would have to return something. Even just a conditional 7th. But I wouldn’t do it. Let the other team offer whatever it takes. If that team can offer two 1sts, then an extra 3rd is almost irrelevant, comparatively. 

it would probably have to be in conjunction with the trade (so three way trade).

26 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Lol OH. 

Let other teams get worse on their own accord. The Jets don't have to throw away assets to ensure that. 

okay, so tell me this..  would you rather have  seattle's first and third this year and first next year with Wilson on the team OR seattle's first this year and seattle's first next year but without wilson.  

13 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

I see the angle you're coming from but the nfl is way too much of a crapshoot to guarantee a better draft pick. It would be logical that the seahawks would be much worse off without wilson, but it should absolutely not be at our expense period. 

okay - so you understand but think it's not worth it.   fair enough.

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you aren't giving it up for nothing.  

If WE don't get anything back from Seattle, it's being given up for nothing. 

A 3rd round pick should be able to get you a starting caliber player if you scout correctly. Giving it up to Seattle to get them to trade their QB to another team would be embarrassing. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

okay, so tell me this..  would you rather have  seattle's first and third this year and first next year with Wilson on the team OR seattle's first this year and seattle's first next year but without wilson.  

I'd rather have those picks with Wilson off the team. Obviously. 

But if your next thought is "Let's give away our Seattle's 3rd rounder as an incentive to get them to trade Wilson to boost the value of our picks," you must be high AF. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

I'd rather have those picks with Wilson off the team. Obviously. 

But if your next thought is "Let's give away our Seattle's 3rd rounder as an incentive to get them to trade Wilson to boost the value of our picks," you must be high AF. 

so on the one hand you say "obviously" but then on the other hand you say i am high AF...  

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

so on the one hand you say "obviously" but then on the other hand you say i am high AF...  

YES. We all obviously want Seattle to trade Wilson so our pick value goes up. 

You are high AF because you want to throw away a controllable asset to move up, what, 10 spots? 

I can want something to happen, while simultaneously telling you that your proposed means of accomplishing it is deeply stupid. 

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

If there was a way to do it - i'd give Seattle their third round pick back if they traded wilson  (to another team not to us).   has this ever been done before?   it would be incentive for Seattle to trade the pick as we know it will hurt their draft position.  

Ban?

33 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

30 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i didn't think my idea was that far fetched.  

So what if there was a 3 way trade with Seattle/Bears and Us.   We give up Seattle's 3rd this year to Seattle and our 2nd this year to the bears.  We get a hot franchise tagged WR from the Bears.

28 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

more likely scenario would be we trade Seattle's next year first to Bears for ARobinson.   The bears use that pick and others to land wilson.

Cut your losses, kid.  Many before you have made bad threads with bad ideas, and many more will come after you.  It's OK.  Don't double down.  

22 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

YES. We all obviously want Seattle to trade Wilson so our pick value goes up. 

You are high AF because you want to throw away a controllable asset to move up, what, 10 spots? 

I can want something to happen, while simultaneously telling you that your proposed means of accomplishing it is deeply stupid. 

If we wanted to move up this year from 23 (seattle's pick) to 13 we would have to give up a lot more than Seattle's third round pick.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cut your losses, kid.  Many before you have made bad threads with bad ideas, and many more will come after you.  It's OK.  Don't double down.  

Personally i think this is an amazing idea if we could pull it off (giving up a third).

what would (if anything) would you trade for Robinson?