Wilson Trade question

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

If there was a way to do it - i'd give Seattle their third round pick back if they traded wilson  (to another team not to us).   has this ever been done before?   it would be incentive for Seattle to trade the pick as we know it will hurt their draft position.  

????????

12 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

If we wanted to move up this year from 23 (seattle's pick) to 13 we would have to give up a lot more than Seattle's third round pick.

LOL

I stand by my original assertion. You are high AF. What does this have to do with ANYTHING you've presented here? 

1 hour ago, ElBarrioJets said:

LOL

I stand by my original assertion. You are high AF. What does this have to do with ANYTHING you've presented here? 

since you seem to be a bit out of it (or High AF as i guess the kids say it now) i will try to explain it a little easier for you. please let me know which step you get confused on.

1) We own Seattle's first round pick 

2) Seattle pick is generally near the end of the first round.

3) R Wilson is the QB of Seattle and many argue a big reason for their success   (you still with us?)

4) If R Wilson gets traded it is highly likely the pick becomes better.

5) if it's worth 10 spots higher - the 23 to 13 in our example - this is worth something to the Jets.

6) if we knew for SURE it was worth 10 spots i would give them their 3rd round pick back.   So to make it easier for you i just laid it out like going from 23 to 13.   Clearly it didn't help explain it.

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

If there was a way to do it - i'd give Seattle their third round pick back if they traded wilson  (to another team not to us).   has this ever been done before?   it would be incentive for Seattle to trade the pick as we know it will hurt their draft position.  

Stupid People GIF by memecandy

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

since you seem to be a bit out of it (or High AF as i guess the kids say it now) i will try to explain it a little easier for you. please let me know which step you get confused on.

1) We own Seattle's first round pick 

2) Seattle pick is generally near the end of the first round.

3) R Wilson is the QB of Seattle and many argue a big reason for their success   (you still with us?)

4) If R Wilson gets traded it is highly likely the pick becomes better.

5) if it's worth 10 spots higher - the 23 to 13 in our example - this is worth something to the Jets.

6) if we knew for SURE it was worth 10 spots i would give them their 3rd round pick back.   So to make it easier for you i just laid it out like going from 23 to 13.   Clearly it didn't help explain it.

Yeah dude, everyone gets it.

The point is, there's zero guarantee that pick would jump 10 spots. You'd be throwing away a 3rd rounder (a decent player with multiple years of team control at a low salary) for...hope?

That's a truly dumb way to run a team. Did that clarify it for you?

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 12:00 PM, batman10023 said:

If Seattle did this trade idea they would be in better shape now. 

Bannable post

• Haha 3

Bro...

• Haha 3

Not for nothing, say hypothetically with Wilson for a season, the Seahawks would of finished with the 22nd overall pick in the 1st

Without Wilson, their first round pick could roughly be 10th overall or better?

It would take more than a 3rd rounder to get from the 22nd overall pick, up to like 8th overall....so I see the evil genius thinking of the OP.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2