Texans Org speaks on Watson

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I know some legitimate therapeutic masseuses and they get asked this or hinted or pointed or worse on way more than half of massages with new clients. I guess legally it is harassment and possibly soliciting prostitution but it is not far from telling a stripper she has really great t!ts.

23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I know some legitimate therapeutic masseuses and they get asked this or hinted or pointed or worse on way more than half of massages with new clients. I guess legally it is harassment and possibly soliciting prostitution but it is not far from telling a stripper she has really great t!ts.

And therein lies the entire point of the me too movement.

To your other point, having "really great t*ts" is basically a qualification for being a stripper. Having to jerk someone off, despite what many believe, is not part of the job description of a massage therapist.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You can do something to someone and not have enough evidence to be able to reach the level of beyond a reasonable doubt required for a criminal case, and still have enough evidence (or a good enough argument) that it could reach the preponderance of the evidence criteria required in civil cases typically.  In such a case, the civil trial is your only realistic option, a criminal trial would be ineffective.  Second, for a criminal trial you would need to convince a public prosecutor to file criminal charges, there is no such requirement for a civil trial.  I am sure our real Lawyers (like Doggin) could elaborate further, but it's hardly the black/white all or nothing your portraying it as when it comes to the American legal system.

Absolutely and you don’t get paid in a criminal case.  You ca also make a criminal complaint and file a civil suit.  

28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You can do something to someone and not have enough evidence to be able to reach the level of beyond a reasonable doubt required for a criminal case, and still have enough evidence (or a good enough argument) that it could reach the preponderance of the evidence criteria required in civil cases typically.  In such a case, the civil trial is your only realistic option, a criminal trial would be ineffective.  Second, for a criminal trial you would need to convince a public prosecutor to file criminal charges, there is no such requirement for a civil trial.  I am sure our real Lawyers (like Doggin) could elaborate further, but it's hardly the black/white all or nothing your portraying it as when it comes to the American legal system.

In addition, the prosecutor would need to prove a violation of a statute, regulation or ordinance but not needed in civil suit (although helpful).  

• Upvote 2

In America you are innocent until proven guilty.   Watson has  not been charged with anything and yet folks  are trying to destroy his reputation at a time when he is seeking a new contract /team to play for. This is not Ray Rice where there was a video of an actual brutal assault. If this lawsuit proves to be "nothing" the damage is already done as you can be sure some are having second thoughts

I don’t know if folks are destroying his reputation or giving in to the fact that the legal process to sort this matter out is going to take far longer than the timeframe of us deciding whether to dole out 2-3 years worth of prospects for him.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Absolutely and you don’t get paid in a criminal case.  You ca also make a criminal complaint and file a civil suit.  

Please. You don't think she'd get paid if Watson was criminally convicted first? This is a stupid thought process, I'm sorry

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

"ok, sure, this is sexual harassment, really awful, and if anyone tried it with my sister I'd ******* murder them, but hear me out, there are actually a lot of people who do this awful thing, so that's kind of fine, right?" 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Watson's not a saint.  What he allegedly did was improper and certainly stupid for sure but probably not criminal.

So the question is, does his alleged behavior disqualify him from playing football?  

Looking at precedent, it's not Ray Rice by a long shot but more like Jameis Winston.  Winston got a three game suspension for groping an Uber driver, made a settlement, apologized and he moved on with his career.

https://www.nfl.com/news/buccaneers-jameis-winston-suspended-three-games-0ap3000000938898

This might be where Watson ends up. 

This greases the skids for Houston to justify a trade.  JD better be all over this.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

Watson's not a saint.  What he allegedly did was improper and certainly stupid for sure but probably not criminal.

So the question is, does his alleged behavior disqualify him from playing football?  

Looking at precedent, it's not Ray Rice by a long shot but more like Jameis Winston.  Winston got a three game suspension for groping an Uber driver, made a settlement, apologized and he moved on with his career.

https://www.nfl.com/news/buccaneers-jameis-winston-suspended-three-games-0ap3000000938898

This greases the skids for Houston to justify a trade.  JD better be all over this.  

No doubt if your a Watson fan he can do no wrong.. Hell the Pats had a murdering TE until he got jailed..

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, dcJet said:

I am old school in a lot of my thinking and I defend watson here in the sense that this is very different than some of the harassment’s we see and certainly doesn’t seem like rape or forcefulness of any kind. I would diagree with anything more than a couple of games. I would not let this interfere with a teams view of him.  While i do think there is a line of boys wil be boys term, I don’t think he crossed it.  It’s close.

2 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

I am old school in a lot of my thinking and I defend watson here in the sense that this is very different than some of the harassment’s we see and certainly doesn’t seem like rape or forcefulness of any kind. I would diagree with anything more than a couple of games. I would not let this interfere with a teams view of him.  While i do think there is a line of boys wil be boys term, I don’t think he crossed it.  It’s close.

So if the forced oral charge is found to be true Watson needs a lawyer like you..:cheers:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Savage69 said:

No doubt if your a Watson fan he can do no wrong.. Hell the Pats had a murdering TE until he got jailed..

There's no murder charge.

Deshaun is no saint here.  I already said that he did wrong.  Does that disqualify him from football forever or for 3 games like Winston?

14 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmmm all I can say is with 20 victims at a minimum and counting, that Watson I can say without question, will NEVER WEAR a Jets Uniform!!!

EVER!!!

Somehow, I can not fathom Woody Johnson allowing the face of the franchise to become a well-oiled butt hole.  

• Haha 2

This story is f*cked either way. Either Watson is a complete piece of human trash, or there is a conspiracy that would make Alex Jones have a stroke.

I have no idea how to feel about this, but I will certainly wait until all the facts unfold before tar and feathering Watson, or defending his innocence. 

• Upvote 2