Texans Org speaks on Watson

7 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

Interesting post. I can see that.

"Deeply religious owner does not want rapist" is a great angle to get rid of him without looking as incompetent as an organization.

and Tyrod does kind of have a history of being a seat holder for qb's drafted early. They already know he is comfortable in the mentor role and the guys he has mentored have fared pretty well in the league so far.

Sit tight.....

• Upvote 2

Just now, AlexVanDyke said:

That’s right.  I am offended that I was thrown under the bus right away and for my whole career.

Should have held on to the ball in the championship game. Your narrative would have been much better haha.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why would they want to decrease his trade value?

Not sure it would decrease his trade value if they are just allegations. The team can say they don't want the distraction in order to (partially) preserve the reputation of the organization. FQB leaves because the team is run by morons is hard to recover from. I'm just speculating though. For all we know, he could actually be a guilty POS. I'll assume he's innocent for now, as we all should.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Frankly any lawyer who does this should be disbarred.  Nobody has to respond to lawyers trying to extort money.  I'd bet money this is a smear campaign with zero merit. 

Your view presumes the case has no merit.

I don't see why a Lawyer would be disbarred for this if the case has merit.

And there is a legal route available to Watson and the Texans, counter-sue in civil court.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GodDamnSnack said:

Someone is being accused of felony sexual assault. The court of law is all that matters. The court of public opinion needs to mind it's business and wait for the legal system.

How incredibly naïve on your part.

Public opinion never waits, no matter how much people whine about it.

Hence why every NFL team would make a statement in this situation, even if it's an empty statement (like the Texans was, basically saying nothing).

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Why are we so quick to defend players?

Where's the criminal complaint?  This isn't a Bob Kraft deal where there was a criminal complaint.  This is a civil action that doesn't require more than an allegation.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

Not sure it would decrease his trade value if they are just allegations. The team can say they don't want the distraction in order to (partially) preserve the reputation of the organization. FQB leaves because the team is run by morons is hard to recover from. I'm just speculating though. For all we know, he could actually be a guilty POS. I'll assume he's innocent for now, as we all should.

lol they have a history of BAD trades.....they are trying to show that they are now a professional outfit. The last thing they need is more drama...Bill O'brien's legacy still remains and I can imagine they are tired of it. So far they are still able to sign free agents but with an unstable QB situation and poor reputation it does kind of torpedo their efforts to right the ship. If they do not get a massive haul they will need an excuse...

This is as goods as any. In fact this might be a life preserver for them

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Hence why every NFL team would make a statement in this situation, even if it's an empty statement (like the Texans was, basically saying nothing).

Not the Patriots

They did not say "they take these allegations very seriously"

they basically said judicial matter we are not talking which is what the Texans should have done

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I think this type of thinking is the problem and much more naive. Respect for public institutions (like the legal system and due process) is a common good that we should all preserve. We can disagree.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Whenever I get a massage there is no whipping...it’s already out (under a towel), but there is no hiding what I got going on down there. 

Some of use full size towels though, while others use hand towels. 

Screenshot_20210317-111418_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Your view presumes the case has no merit.

I don't see why a Lawyer would be disbarred for this is the case has merit.

And there is a legal route available to Watson and the Texans, counter-sue in civil court.

I presume if there was a criminal complaint that gets into Court it's worthy of an investigation.   When OJ was charged I thought the DA should have been disbarred for going public on his late wife's calling police about domestic violence.  It was a clear a publicity stunt trying to taint the potential jury pool.  The tweet itself is clearly an attempt to get leverage for a settlement.  I think it's unethical behavior by an office of the Court which Lawyers are.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, JTJet said:

If he whipped out and exposed his dong to the massage therapist while asking, that could be considered assault in some states. 

maybe he was facedown and just had to adjust himself ... and then the side profile of the dong scared her

2 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

I think this type of thinking is the problem and much more naive. Respect for public institutions (like the legal system and due process) is a common good that we should all preserve. We can disagree.

We can disagree, but in the real world, every NFL team would make a statement,

Your view is idealistic.  Nothing wrong with idealism, but being angry the world doesn't work the way we want it isn't terribly productive.

27 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Whenever I get a massage there is no whipping...it’s already out (under a towel), but there is no hiding what I got going on down there. 

So you frequent these types of establishments?  Can you go into very minute and exact detail of what transpired?  

Strictly for research purposes, you understand?

27 minutes ago, AlexVanDyke said:

Why are we so quick to defend players?

In America you are innocent until proven guilty.   Watson has  not been charged with anything and yet folks  are trying to destroy his reputation at a time when he is seeking a new contract /team to play for. This is not Ray Rice where there was a video of an actual brutal assault. If this lawsuit proves to be "nothing" the damage is already done as you can be sure some are having second thoughts

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why would they want to decrease his trade value?

Exactly.  This is another made up accusation against the bad evil inept owners.  Makes no sense.  And the backlash would be ridiculous and irreparable if any link got it.  But I am waiting for the media and others to say it’s fact.

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

In America you are innocent until proven guilty.   Watson has  not been charged with anything and yet folks  are trying to destroy his reputation at a time when he is seeking a new contract /team to play for. This is not Ray Rice where there was a video of an actual brutal assault. If this lawsuit proves to be "nothing" the damage is already done as you can be sure some are having second thoughts

Well wait a miniute.  People are already saying with fact  that the Texans are guilty of X Y and z.  Where is the proof?

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We can disagree, but in the real world, every NFL team would make a statement,

Your view is idealistic.  Nothing wrong with idealism, but being angry the world doesn't work the way we want it isn't terribly productive.

Not sure why you're accusing me of being angry, but OK I guess? Also, this is the real world and most teams haven't made statements.

4 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

Also, this is the real world and most teams haven't made statements.

For example?

What prominent NFL player was accused of sexual misconduct and the team he was under contract for made no public statement?

In recent years, please.  

7 minutes ago, peebag said:

So you frequent these types of establishments?  Can you go into very minute and exact detail of what transpired?  

Strictly for research purposes, you understand?

All I’m saying is Watson could have asked her to go easy on his hamstrings, or play soothing slow jams of Kenny G and there wouldn’t be any evidence of it. 

Did not see Watson's statement, so:

As a result of a social media post by a publicity-seeking plaintiff's lawyer, I recently became aware of a lawsuit that has apparently been filed against me. I have not yet seen the complaint, but I know this: I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect. The plaintiff's lawyer claims that this isn't about money, but before filing suit he made a baseless six-figure settlement demand, which I quickly rejected. Unlike him, this isn't about money for me ⁠– it's about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2936635-texans-deshaun-watson-responds-to-lawsuit-filed-against-him

• Upvote 3

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

All I’m saying is Watson could have asked her to go easy on his hamstrings, or play soothing slow jams of Kenny G and there wouldn’t be any evidence of it. 

Were you naked?  Was your massuese naked as well?