Would you make this offer?

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And with the second pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...Zack Wilson, Quarterback, BYU

<Jets fans crying tears of joy for a player they didn’t know existed until this February>

:Five minutes later, Goodell takes the podium to announce that the Texans are on the clock after trading Deshaun Watson to the 49ers for #3 overall and some change. NFL Network desk is seen high-fiving a beaming John Lynch before hailing him as a hero and Vegas installs the the Niners as prohibitive Super Bowl favorites:

Jets fans:

Wait A Second Season 3 GIF by The Office

For shock and awe factor, does Goodell announce the DW suspension then as well? 

17 hours ago, munchmemory said:

A week ago, I'd have jumped out of a window to get this deal.  Now with 14 women in the suit(s), you just can't.  Too damn bad as I loved Watson as a Jet.

How about we get him here, and make all the accusers cheerleaders and pay them 1 million per year,  

Win - Win.

They have to be better looking than what we have now.

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2021 at 6:50 PM, johnnysd said:

Do people realize that if he settles, he opens himself up to being on the commissioners list and missing a season or more. In the NFL personal conduct policy, you do not need to be proven guilty, just more than likely than not to have committed the infraction.  A serial abuser is not a good look in the NFL. I don't think anyone except the Patriots maybe would risk a trade for the guy. Ship sailed.

your right. hes probably getting a years suspension. 

thats why hes going to be cheap. 2 weeks ago it was 3 maybe 4 1st rders and then some, now probably 2 get it done.

and i think its Miami now. they can overpay and get 3 1sr and not blink an eye, and still have a bunch left

7 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

IMO there's no way woke CJ and Woody, coming off his own issues from his Ambassador stint in London, are trading for Watson.  Maybe Kraft rolls the dice, maybe some other owner.  Not the Johnsons...

Woody Woke? seriously? 

he rolls with the same people that Kraft and Ross in Miami does. they dont care about bad press and there not Woke.

CJ is woke. but hes not the boss.

Christopher, who is currently serving as the active owner, chairman and CEO, said there's a process with the league to reinstate Woody as the Jets' top decision-maker and he's "not exactly sure" how long it will take. 

"But he will be assuming his duties as principal owner, quite soon," Christopher said Thursday as coach Robert Saleh's first press conference..

Whenever that happens, Woody will become chairman and Christopher will be vice-chairman. But Christopher said that it won't be a massive change in the way the Jets operate. 

"I'm going to be doing an awful lot of the day-to-day stuff," Christopher said. "All the final decisions will be his."

if you did the deal today you will get bad press for a month before it dies down. Watson serves his year suspension and in 18 months hes our QB. yeah some more bad press when he returns, but i bet Watson will have to do a ton of stuff like take classes for abuse and say sorry 1,000 times stuff like that. but he will play again.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

your right. hes probably getting a years suspension. 

thats why hes going to be cheap. 2 weeks ago it was 3 maybe 4 1st rders and then some, now probably 2 get it done.

and i think its Miami now. they can overpay and get 3 1sr and not blink an eye, and still have a bunch left

I will be shocked if he is traded. It's not 1 case.

2 hours ago, doitny said:

Woody Woke? seriously? 

he rolls with the same people that Kraft and Ross in Miami does. they dont care about bad press and there not Woke.

CJ is woke. but hes not the boss.

Christopher, who is currently serving as the active owner, chairman and CEO, said there's a process with the league to reinstate Woody as the Jets' top decision-maker and he's "not exactly sure" how long it will take. 

"But he will be assuming his duties as principal owner, quite soon," Christopher said Thursday as coach Robert Saleh's first press conference..

Whenever that happens, Woody will become chairman and Christopher will be vice-chairman. But Christopher said that it won't be a massive change in the way the Jets operate. 

"I'm going to be doing an awful lot of the day-to-day stuff," Christopher said. "All the final decisions will be his."

if you did the deal today you will get bad press for a month before it dies down. Watson serves his year suspension and in 18 months hes our QB. yeah some more bad press when he returns, but i bet Watson will have to do a ton of stuff like take classes for abuse and say sorry 1,000 times stuff like that. but he will play again.

Bad grammar on my part. Sorry...