Would you make this offer?

The real question is... would the Jets make that offer?  Answer: NO!  Woody is not going to have an accused sexual predator as the face of his franchise.  Not going to happen.  Cares too much about negative press.  And the tabloids would have a field day.  

Put your Watson hopes to bed.  Not happening.

• Upvote 2

Yup. Texans aren’t biting. Otherwise miami

never would have made their trade.

I love Wilson but I may trade down two spots with Atlanta or Carolina and grab fields if it gets me another two first rounder. Then add a third or even a second with Darnold and you have a nice rebuild. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Do people realize that if he settles, he opens himself up to being on the commissioners list and missing a season or more. In the NFL personal conduct policy, you do not need to be proven guilty, just more than likely than not to have committed the infraction.  A serial abuser is not a good look in the NFL. I don't think anyone except the Patriots maybe would risk a trade for the guy. Ship sailed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Sure seems that way.

Bingo. See smart teams / owners would see past the BS money grabs and try to take advantage of the opportunity which may be presented here.

Hell, if the Texans asked for 1.02, I’d take it. Anyone want to argue with a straight face that Zach Wilson is better than DeShaun Watson?

These lawsuits will be settled and once this smoke clears, you have yourself a 25/26 YO Franchise QB. Keep Darnold and if DeShaun gets suspended or commish exempt list, we have a QB for 2021. 

• Upvote 2

Sign me up for that. Get him for a second, trade Sam for a second. Neither might ever play for the Jets going forward, but I'll take the chance on the good one essentially moving down in a round. I don't know how much of this is true and how much is extortion. I'll wait and find out at that price 

And with the second pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select...Zack Wilson, Quarterback, BYU

<Jets fans crying tears of joy for a player they didn’t know existed until this February>

:Five minutes later, Goodell takes the podium to announce that the Texans are on the clock after trading Deshaun Watson to the 49ers for #3 overall and some change. NFL Network desk is seen high-fiving a beaming John Lynch before hailing him as a hero and Vegas installs the the Niners as prohibitive Super Bowl favorites:

Jets fans:

Wait A Second Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3