Draft Prospects & RAS scores; who's hot

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

Thanks for posting these—athletic numbers are always valuable in gauging prospects, but IIRC, a bunch of our picks last year were high-RAS guys.

I think you're right. I don't recall exactly where i read/heard this - but i believe there's perceived value in RAS from JD and his team. 

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm afraid to be hopeful, but the Jets sent people down to see him at the proday and they were one of 4-5 teams who were "clearly" interested in Zach. Cross you fingers. 

It’s encouraging that they are at least interested.  This kid could be a beast in the red zone, something this team has lacked for a long time.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s encouraging that they are at least interested.  This kid could be a beast in the red zone, something this team has lacked for a long time.  

Yep. He’d also become an instant fan favorite I think too. With all the YAC guys we have working the perimeter and such, Davidson’s long ball game is particularly adept. He’ll be a big problem for defenses as NY Jet

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Btw unrelated - I saw some film from Clemson’s inter team scrimmage... who the hell is Ajou Ajou?!? Lol. Oh my goodness 

43 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is an interesting added chapter in the football analytics digest. RAS (relative athletic score) pits them against 30 years of prospect measurables..

(Probably breaking my own cardinal rule posting this here vs Draft Forum)

Thought you would all want to take a look given that it may be a reasonable predictor of value with Jets/JD 

You'll notice a few things ^^ here that are of interest, but i wanna hang a lantern on Nate/Nathan McCrary ...there's so much Jeff Wilson to his game and he fits our scheme perfectly.. SUUUUPER deep sleeper though. 

wow he fast!

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Btw unrelated - I saw some film from Clemson’s inter team scrimmage... who the hell is Ajou Ajou?!? Lol. Oh my goodness 

I actually mentioned him to you a couple years ago when he committed to Clemson.  He’s from Canada, played some high school ball in Florida,  extremely raw but has developed some since getting to Clemson. 

Just now, sec101row23 said:

I actually mentioned him to you a couple years ago when he committed to Clemson.  He’s from Canada, played some high school ball in Florida,  extremely raw but has developed some since getting to Clemson. 

Ooohhhhh yea!! I forgot all about that. From my old stomping grounds in Edmonton? Damn. Forgot all about that dude. 

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s up to 230 pounds now, the Clemson WR room is crowded right now, hope he continues to develop. 

When is it not crowded, yeesh. Like a munitions factory during wartime. 

230? My god. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Some great football names in there. That's the only thing I go by. Chuba Hubbard for the win. Shaka Toney! I feel like I'm watching 'Laugh In'. Jared Goldwire gets rained on a little bit because his first name is pedestrian. Same thing with Jake Funk, but I'll make exceptions, I can be flexible.

• Haha 1

I love the RAS #s and teams have their own formulas they use similar to his, but don’t think it’s pure gospel. 

For example, I think the Jets are very high on Ronnie Perkins. Could be a player they’re targeting at #34, but his score is low. I don’t think the low athletic profile discards how much they like they like a player on tape. Perfect world great on tape/great athletic profile, but a lower athletic profile when a guy is explosive on tape is OK too

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, football guy said:

I love the RAS #s and teams have their own formulas they use similar to his, but don’t think it’s pure gospel. 

For example, I think the Jets are very high on Ronnie Perkins. Could be a player they’re targeting at #34, but his score is low. I don’t think the low athletic profile discards how much they like they like a player on tape. Perfect world great on tape/great athletic profile, but a lower athletic profile when a guy is explosive on tape is OK too

100% agree. Evaluations should be a matrix of information and assessments. None of these are going to bat 1.000

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, football guy said:

Would love to trade done a few spots , get an extra 2nd or 3rd and pick Toney and Creed Humphrey. Any interest in Brady Christensen or Dax miline to reunite with Zach ? @football guy