Raiders DL Carl Nassib comes out as gay. (No mention of Bill Belichick being a scumbag)

and?  there have been quite a few gay football players.  it's not he's the first one or even the first active player to come out.  so what.  can he play?  as long as he's not a whiney b***h like that doltfin players a few years ago who couldn't handle incognito.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 7

I feel like he’s the first major athlete to come out while still active. Michael Sam did but he wasn’t as good or high profile as Nassib. It’s 2021 I doubt any of his teammates or anyone else cares. All power to him 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Good for him, and I hope this just gets to the point where someone comes out as gay, and no one cares.

Not as an insult, but I don't care.  As long as you and the other person or consenting, and over 18, it is none of my business, and I don't care.

Bruh, no one that matters cares if someone is gay or not. So keep this thread on topic. Man is Belichick a scumbag or what. 

• Haha 2

A person's sexual orientation should be irrelevant to others. Why are we still making a big deal out of this topic? I think society nowadays have accepted LGBTQ. There will always be prejudice towards anything; whether is religion, race, sexual orientation and many other beliefs. Ignorance will always exist, but those people are minority in today's society.

9 minutes ago, pointman said:

Comedy Central Mm GIF by Workaholics

He's a role player with 14.5 sacks the last 3 seasons. He's not an All-Pro but he's a good player. We have fans here creaming themselves over John Franklin Myers and his 5 sacks the past 2 seasons as a role player yet Nassib isn't a good player? Try watching football sometime. 

• Upvote 1

Wonderful! Am I supposed to applaud!? I'm sorry but I don't believe in the PC approach. This guy should keep his life private and in the bunker.

It's funny how everybody preaches equality, but everybody gets their own parade every day for being different? It doesn't make any sense. The Gay Pride Parade, the Puerto Rican day parade, Saint Patrick's Day, Italian guys hanging dog dicks and flags off their rear view mirrors, hiring gay people, black people, women, and handicapped people that are unqualified for their jobs just to say that you are an equal opportunity employer?

Some things are better left unchanged they don't change for the better. Every single day is ice cream day it's lettuce day it's black Freedom month when are we going to stop with this crap and stop segregating everybody? I have no intention of offending anyone and sorry if I did with this post but come on man enough already! It's National three-legged dog day? How about go to work and mind your own damn business, and your sex life happens in your bedroom and should remain private?

Hey I'm just watching football and I really don't care if you're gay. That's my point. If you don't want to be singled out and you don't want attention, then don't bring it up. I don't need you to force your personal views down my throat cuz I like to watch the game of football. And I'm not going to clap for you because you're gay.

I also believe that it debilitates and ruins people who struggle in situations and have strived for accomplishment to applaud them and point out that it's the first female referee. Robert Saleh is the first Muslim head coach? Ron Rivera is Latino! Who gives a f***!? Stop bringing this crap up and separating yourself cuz it goes against everything you're saying you're fighting for! You're making a mockery of your own cause. I really don't care if Ron Rivera is Latino or Robert Saleh is a Muslim. Do you? Does that make some huge difference? I don't know how the rest of the world feels but I have all kinds of friends and family and I'm from New York so this kind of crap really makes me feel weighted down.

We are all different stop thinking of yourself as different because you're not. We all feel the same way. We're all f***** up somehow and there's no reason to put a spotlight on it.

For what it's worth a few weeks ago in the middle of the afternoon I went to the bar and was hanging out with a Chinese dude working from Queens out here on Long Island. We were listening to Soul music and Hip Hop and buying each other shots and laughing about the Chinese food place next door. He's second generation American, he spoke perfect English. We were just two dudes who met at the bar and we were chillin and having a great time. I never thought of anything else but that.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

It's not about those people, it's about a person's own internal struggle. Don't downplay the significance of this moment in someone's life bc YOU think it's "no big deal".

I think that we all have our internal struggles or "demons" and generally speaking, people keep them to themselves. If society has accepted this form of life (LGBTQ), why continue to make headlines from it? It's time to move on. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He's a role player with 14.5 sacks the last 3 seasons. He's not an All-Pro but he's a good player. We have fans here creaming themselves over John Franklin Myers and his 5 sacks the past 2 seasons as a role player yet Nassib isn't a good player? Try watching football sometime. 

His numbers are declining. Has only 2.5 sacks. Only 5 starts. 17 tackles. He's declining from what was already not so memorable. He may be good to you, but we have different standards. You probably like your steaks boiled and served with ketchup. Watch more, type less. 

laugh lol GIF by Team Coco

9 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Wonderful! Am I supposed to applaud!? I'm sorry but I don't believe in the PC approach. This guy should keep his life private and in the bunker.

It's funny how everybody preaches equality, but everybody gets their own parade every day for being different? It doesn't make any sense. The Gay Pride Parade, the Puerto Rican day parade, Saint Patrick's Day, Italian guys hanging dog dicks and flags off their rear view mirrors, hiring gay people, black people, women, and handicapped people that are unqualified for their jobs just to say that you are an equal opportunity employer?

Some things are better left unchanged they don't change for the better. Every single day is ice cream day it's lettuce day it's black Freedom month when are we going to stop with this crap and stop segregating everybody? I have no intention of offending anyone and sorry if I did with this post but come on man enough already! It's National three-legged dog day? How about go to work and mind your own damn business, and your sex life happens in your bedroom and should remain private?

Hey I'm just watching football and I really don't care if you're gay. That's my point. If you don't want to be singled out and you don't want attention, then don't bring it up. I don't need you to force your personal views down my throat cuz I like to watch the game of football. And I'm not going to clap for you because you're gay.

I also believe that it debilitates and ruins people who struggle in situations and have strived for accomplishment to applaud them and point out that it's the first female referee. Robert Saleh is the first Muslim head coach? Ron Rivera is Latino! Who gives a f***!? Stop bringing this crap up and separating yourself cuz it goes against everything you're saying you're fighting for! You're making a mockery of your own cause. I really don't care if Ron Rivera is Latino or Robert Saleh is a Muslim. Do you? Does that make some huge difference? I don't know how the rest of the world feels but I have all kinds of friends and family and I'm from New York so this kind of crap really makes me feel weighted down.

We are all different stop thinking of yourself as different because you're not. We all feel the same way. We're all f***** up somehow and there's no reason to put a spotlight on it.

For what it's worth a few weeks ago in the middle of the afternoon I went to the bar and was hanging out with a Chinese dude working from Queens out here on Long Island. We were listening to Soul music and Hip Hop and buying each other shots and laughing about the Chinese food place next door. He's second generation American, he spoke perfect English. We were just two dudes who met at the bar and we were chillin and having a great time. I never thought of anything else but that.

Giancarlo Esposito Ugh GIF by Team Coco

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

But you posted about it here so you did think something about it. Also, 2nd gen.. I would hope he spoke perfect English since.. you know.. he's American.. and you know.. born here. 

3 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I think that we all have our internal struggles or "demons" and generally speaking, people keep them to themselves. If society has accepted this form of life (LGBTQ), why continue to make headlines from it? It's time to move on. 

I was trying to say the same thing, we have similar feelings.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pointman said:

But you posted about it here so you did think something about it. Also, 2nd gen.. I would hope he spoke perfect English since.. you know.. he's American.. and you know.. born here. 

Yeah well that's exactly what I meant if you read what I said! Right?

9 minutes ago, freestater said:

Writes 1000 word essay.

Doesn't care. 

Actually I do really care and you should read what I wrote. Or are you more interested in trumping me on my post? What I conveyed and what I texted was people should stop pointing out how different they are from everybody else. We already know we're all different so let's move forward now. Stop having parades for every person who's different. In my opinion it's an Integrity killer.

To the best of my knowledge there are two NFL players who only have one hand don't you think that every single interview about them only having one hand becomes tiresome? it's the only thing they're ever recognized for right!?

Don't you think a reporter for the NFL Network who's female shouldn't be considered a female reporter everywhere she goes? Is she a good reporter or not? That's all that matters. so my files in Word essay put short and simple and sweet would be stop telling everybody have different you are and that you need your own personal day or month or a celebration or parade to prove how different you are. Especially when your biggest cry is that you want to be accepted and treated equally.