Training Camp Practice - 8/9 (getting ready for the Giants)

15 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Pretty sure they’re only allowed 1 padded practice on a game week and it can’t be the day before. 

They can have more than one.  Here are the camp rules:

Training camp will include the introduction of a five-day acclimation period; a 2.5-hour limit on padded and full-speed practices; a limit to the amount of time at facility for the players during a given day; a limit of 16 days in pads with no more than three consecutive days for three out of the five weeks and no more than two consecutive days for two out of five weeks; a three-day weekend at the end of camp if 17 games is implemented; two days off in the first week and one day off every seven days thereafter; and a limit of four joint practices if there are three preseason games.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I see some of you are buying in wholesale on the "Jets and Saleh are soft" meme.

I mean I was at Bucs practice on Saturday and they were full tilt. Full tilt again today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Super Bowl champs are probably a good comparison.

A 2-14 team not doing much tackling is unusual. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean I was at Bucs practice on Saturday and they were full tilt. Full tilt again today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Super Bowl champs are probably a good comparison.

We ran that coach out of town because he didn't share his feelings enough.  That, and because of Maccagnan and Darnold.

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I mean was at Bucs practice on Saturday and they were full tilt. Full tilt again today, tomorrow and Wednesday. Super Bowl champs are probably a good comparison.

Jags too.  

I just think it's weird that a coach who's going around screaming "All gas, no brakes" - isnt asking his team to hit and tackle.  Seems like, that's more breaks than gas.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

Wishing the Jets practices were more intense means I should root for another team or something.

The intensity of practice is outlined in the CBA that ALL teams have to follow, including the Buccs. They are not doing any more padded practices than the Jets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2