Training Camp Practice - 8/9 (getting ready for the Giants)

22 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

They can have more than one.  Here are the camp rules:

Training camp will include the introduction of a five-day acclimation period; a 2.5-hour limit on padded and full-speed practices; a limit to the amount of time at facility for the players during a given day; a limit of 16 days in pads with no more than three consecutive days for three out of the five weeks and no more than two consecutive days for two out of five weeks; a three-day weekend at the end of camp if 17 games is implemented; two days off in the first week and one day off every seven days thereafter; and a limit of four joint practices if there are three preseason games.

So...they started on the 28th and the rules say no full pads for 5 days.  That gets us to Monday August 2nd.  Since then, including today, we've had 6 practices, 3 have been in pads.  50%...sounds like a nice mix to me. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Was it against mecki "Turnstile" becton?

We will get a good sense against the giants if Lawson is a top 10 Edge. if Becton shuts down left side against them and GB, then Lawson must be ready for a break out season. If Becton is a turnstile against both teams, then Lawson is just a nice player but nothing special.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yes. All is lost. Fire Saleh. Fire Douglas. Cut Wilson and Mims.  Bring in Foles. Hire Judge after he is fired next week by the Giants for completely losing the team so we can get some discipline in here.  What's the next shiny object for Jets fans to focus on so that the rebuilding of a competitive team never ever happens.  Can anybody have even a modicum of patience?  I'm in my 60s and I'm willing to wait for it to be done right. I don't need to decide that everything is wrong after the first week of August or decide at all. Darnold played three years here and there is still a debate whether he was good or not, but you want to make a decision on Wilson based on a pseudo scrimmage after a week of practice and Saleh based on how many padded practices he called out of , what- 10 practices? Seriously?  

The team went 2-14 last year and hasn’t made the playoffs since 2010. The offense looking like ass and running a camp without hitting is concerning, that’s all.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The team went 2-14 last year and hasn’t made the playoffs since 2010.

What difference does that make?  Does that mean that the Jets have to decide whether Wilson is the real deal by the end of practice today like you want to?  Or is the new CS on a shorter leash because the Jets haven't had a capable CS in a decade?  There's a right way and wrong way to rebuild a team and the right way is to properly evaluate the players and tech CS.  Wilson deserves 3 years, not three weeks. Saleh should not be evaluated like Gase, who was a HC before he came here.  Saleh gets 2-3 year minimum. If you don't like that, I don't know what to tell you.  But unless something drastic happens, that's the way it is going to be, so get ready for a long runway (no pun intended).

• Sympathy 2

25 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Always felt that was a response to personnel.  Keep the game close and steal it in the 4th.  I get wanting more, but Bowles got Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Rookie Sam Darnold.  I kind of get it.

He had to go because he was tied to Macc.  I just think he got the lion share of the blame when he deserved so little of it.

Meh, I agree, Bowles was strapped with sh*t but he was also a terrible HC.   Some of the worst clock management and time out management I've ever seen.  And he didnt do himself any favors with comments like; "Stevan Ridley was the game plan"  and "Fitz is our starting QB" (when he's unsigned) and "its easier to pick up an onside kick then it is to pick up a 4th and 3rd" and "I think the running game is going to return to the forefront of offensive strategy".  Just dont think he's a head guy type of personality.  Some guys were just made to be coordinators, Todd Bowles is one of them.  We'll see though, he'll be HC of the Bucs when Arians retires with Brady.

and...your timelines might be off.  Mac fired Bowles and hired Gase.   He had to go because the team finished dead last in the division, 3 years straight, not because he was tied to Mac.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Becton has had a downright embarrassing training camp so far.  Very disappointing.

If guys are running by him Saturday night then we officially have a problem.  Ill hold out hope for now that Carl Lawson is so good Walter jones wouldnt be able to block him.

Did you not see him shut down every edge rusher his rookie year? I have no doubt he’ll be that same guy. Lawson sounds like he’s just on a different level right now