Other (non-Jets) Preseason Games

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tua looks very good.  Carving up the bears d.

You think so? I saw the first two series. He had a nice throw down the left side line. But in general, his arm just seems weak to me. His ceiling looks to be Chad Pennington after Pennington's arm got even weaker. He looks like he could be ok but not the type of qb that scares you or can take over a game.

Just now, GreenFish said:

The Dolphins have a QB problem. Brissett seems to be at least a threat with his legs. But I'm expecting them to be in the QB market next year.

I'm glad they didn't punt on Tua and draft Lance or Fields this year.  Next year, they won't be sitting on a top-5 pick most likely.  In fact, they don't have their own pick, they just have SFs.  So it would be a great year for them to suck :)

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So maybe Fields isn't quite as NFL-ready as his glowing camp reports suggested?

Yeah, nothing like the friendly camp reports just saying he looks good, ready etc.  Wonder why he picked today to stare down receivers and not go through his progressions?

Hard to gauge without the deep insight of our beat reporters who scout every pass by Wilson and post his comp%, because its so friggen important in camp.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, nothing like the friendly camp reports just saying he looks good, ready etc.  Wonder why he picked today to stare down receivers and not go through his progressions?

Hard to gauge without the deep insight of our beat reporters who scout every pass by Wilson and post his comp%, because its so friggen important in camp.

Yes.  I expect we'll see similar things from Lawrence and Lance as well.  Live fire from non-friendlies is a very different thing than shoulder-tapping and non-contact scrimmages.  I actually hope that Wilson finds he has more time than he's used to since the Giants don't really have anything like Lawson on that DL.

• Upvote 2