Other (non-Jets) Preseason Games

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

I'm hoping Zach gets a couple of quarters of action. These young guys need reps.

Yeah but sadly its unlikely.

We have an extreme amount of confidence in him being our ready day 1 guy, but more reps can always be used for rookies.

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Fields takes the snap,  frantically looks around the right side of the field double clutching, and then runs for a TD in a Pre-Season game and Bears fans act like they won a SB and announcers talk about his "sCOrInG DrIvE!!".

LOL. 

It’s a sickness. A guy completes a pass and the entire state goes EAT YOUR HEART OUT SID LUCKMAN

• Haha 3

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Finds WIDE OPEN GUY in busted coverage (must have thought he was back at OSU). 

Justin Fields is AMAZING!!

It was a good play but the announcers acting like he single handedly manipulated the defense with the same play action rollout that's been run 8 times is a bit much.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Helps when the scrubs come in

Also he was terrible in the pocket, all his later success came with him rolling out on every play and the scrubs on defense lost their coverages

I guess Mac the knife played against those all Star Was Football team 3rd and 4th stringers the other night. 

4 minutes ago, Icer said:

He rebounded well from a bad start, and his legs will definitely keep plays alive. Then again, he's playing against a bunch of guys trying to make a roster so any rush to judgement is premature.

Legs have a lot of value in early development; ask Josh Allen.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I guess Mac the knife played against those all Star Was Football team 3rd and 4th stringers the other night. 

Have no idea, not talking about Mac

But are you saying it doesnt help to play against back up defenses?

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Have no idea, not talking about Mac

But are you saying it doesnt help to play against back up defenses?

Playing well against 3rd/4th stringers at least confirms you are better than 3rd/4th stringers.  The alternative wouldn’t be a good look.

2 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Legs have a lot of value in early development; ask Josh Allen.

Yup. Josh Allen was a RB his first season. It gave him something to go to when he got into trouble.

This is why I would be cautiously happy if I were a Bears fan.

Im hoping Zach shows something he can hang his hat on during the season.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Yup. Josh Allen was a RB his first season. It gave him something to go to when he got into trouble.

Being able to sustain drives with your legs even when the passing game is ineffective keeps your defense off the field at the very least.  Constantly having to get back on the field after your offense has 3 and outs can demoralize a defense.  It’s a great club for a young QB to have in his bag.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Playing well against 3rd/4th stringers at least confirms you are better than 3rd/4th stringers.  The alternative wouldn’t be a good look.

That is very true.

He looked good rolling out against those 3rd/4th stringers, when you would expect a inexperienced D to lose contain and for WRs to break open.  No need to go through progressions, when he struggled against the 2nd stringers in the 1st half.   Doing that to an experienced 1st string D might be a little different. 

11 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Was interesting and very true to listen to Vacciano last night.  He talked how the Jets have kept Wilson in the pocket, havent let him roll out or run in practices.  Thinking about it havent read anything about roll outs, scrambles, running by Wilson.  Said they want him how to learn how to move within the pocket and read defenses.

54 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I give it 3-4 games before Brissett replaces Tua.   All I see is a great college QB who is not gonna make it in the NFL.

This is never happening.  The minute u pull Tua, hes done in Miami.  Tua is starting all 17 games this year no matter what.  They have to let him play and see what they have.

20 minutes ago, legler82 said:

So is he playing against 5/6th stringers?  

In all seriousness, we should trade for him just for the QB room & to be an ear for Zach.

Dudes playing in the 4th quarter of a preseason game behind Dalton and a rook. Why? To see what they have??

? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Was interesting and very true to listen to Vacciano last night.  He talked how the Jets have kept Wilson in the pocket, havent let him roll out or run in practices.  Thinking about it havent read anything about roll outs, scrambles, running by Wilson.  Said they want him how to learn how to move within the pocket and read defenses.

That's good that they are doing that in practice but I hope they don't restrict his game during live bullets. Rolling out and using his legs will make the game easier for him. We will see soon enough. Just a few more hours before our guys take the field.

• Upvote 1