Jamal's personality seems to be spreading through his locker room.

31 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

DK Metcalf's resume not even a full 3 years into his career:

172 receptions, 2644 yards, 22 TD's.

Shannon Sharpe's resume 3 full years into his career;

82 receptions, 1,000 yards, 4 TD's

In his next 3 years, Sharpe had 231 Receptions, 2761 yards, and 17 TD's. I guess you could argue that Metcalf could improve later, but I think Sharpe just had a rougher start. Could be wrong

1 minute ago, Hex said:

In his next 3 years, Sharpe had 231 Receptions, 2761 yards, and 17 TD's. I guess you could argue that Metcalf could improve later, but I think Sharpe just had a rougher start. Could be wrong

I'm just pointing out that Metcalf is way ahead of Sharpe at this point in their careers. 

Do you see Metcalf's performance dropping off?   Why would he put up similar numbers?

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm just pointing out that Metcalf is way ahead of Sharpe at this point in their careers. 

Do you see Metcalf's performance dropping off?   Why would he put up similar numbers?

I miss the days when you could talk smack both go "bitch!" "bitch!" and move on. Social media is the devil!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Then you have a good point. I actually don't see Metcalf's performance dropping off, but I don't think that he will improve in the way Sharpe did between his first 3 years to next 3. Although Metcalf doesn't have much room for improvement anyways.

20 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

But correct.....sucks when the boomers are right.

Meh.  Twitter and social media aren't the enemy.  People are.  When used properly, social media is an incredible tool.  

Similar to the way our smartphones are unbelievably useful and we primarily use them to watch people f**k or to get into arguments with strangers.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Hex said:

Then you have a good point. I actually don't see Metcalf's performance dropping off, but I don't think that he will improve in the way Sharpe did between his first 3 years to next 3. Although Metcalf doesn't have much room for improvement anyways.

Shannon never had a year his entire 13 year career, statistically speaking, as good DK's 2nd season in the NFL and DK is currently on pace to improve upon last years production.  It's great for Shannon to rub his Super Bowl rings in someone's face but that is largely out of an individual players control.  Shannon played on some all time great teams, that he was just a piece of the puzzle.  Is Tony G. a lesser player than Shannon Sharpe because he never won a Super Bowl?  Ofcourse not. 

I see that I'm in the minority, but I find it quite obnoxious IMO for Sharpe to sh*t on such a young, special player, so he can look high and mighty on Tweeter.   Especially one that was 10x better than you at the same point in his career. 

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, JiFapono said:

Shannon never had a year his entire 17 year career, statistically speaking, as good DK's 2nd season in the NFL and DK is currently on pace to improve upon last years production.  It's great for Shannon to rub his Super Bowl rings in someone's face but that is largely out of an individual players control.  Shannon played on some all time great teams, that he was just a piece of the puzzle.  Is Tony G. a lesser player than Shannon Sharpe because he never won a Super Bowl?  Ofcourse not. 

I see that I'm in the minority, but I find it quite obnoxious IMO for Sharpe to sh*t on such a young, special player, so he can look high and mighty on Tweeter.   Especially one that was 10x better than you at the same point in his career. 

Honestly it wasn't a great idea to talk a bunch of crap about Metcalf, but the way he replied was just as dumb. As I think multiple others have said, Social Media brings out the worst in people. Hope it doesn't hurt any previous relationship they might have had.

15 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's not quite a fair comp as Sharpe barely played his first two seasons.  I don't recall why but if you take his first 3 full seasons, you get:

2,635 yards on 221 catches and 17 TDs.  Also keep in mind he was a TE in an era when TEs didn't really compete with WRs the way they do now.  In fact, he led all TEs in 1992 in yards and again in 1993 when he was 10th in the NFL.  Sharpe's career wasn't quite long enough to put him on par with Gates, Gonzalez and some others in terms of overall stats, but he was pretty much the top TE in the game for a number of seasons.  Metcalf is one of the best young WRs in the game right now.  All my point was before is that Metcalf sounds like an idiot disparaging a guy like Sharpe.  Disagree if you like, but the rest of his tweet was the work of a complete idiot.

Right.  So Shannon Sharpe wasnt even good enough to play at the same point in his career, while DK Metcalf is torching the league.  More reason for Shannon to STFU. 

Yeah, I do disagree.  I think Shannon Sharpe is being a dbag for calling him out on Tweeter to begin with because what grown as man would do something so childish?  All Metcalf told him to was stop worrying about him and Shannon doubled down and came with back with some childish bs capitalizing the words DUMB ASS in his post bragging about this resume to kid a 2 years and 6 games into his career.

Shannon Sharpe is ******* moron, there is that too. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

Honestly it wasn't a great idea to talk a bunch of crap about Metcalf, but the way he replied was just as dumb. As I think multiple others have said, Social Media brings out the worst in people. Hope it doesn't hurt any previous relationship they might have had.

Shannon Sharpe is 53 years old and started a tweeter war with a 23 year old kid.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Shannon never had a year his entire 13 year career, statistically speaking, as good DK's 2nd season in the NFL and DK is currently on pace to improve upon last years production.  It's great for Shannon to rub his Super Bowl rings in someone's face but that is largely out of an individual players control.  Shannon played on some all time great teams, that he was just a piece of the puzzle.  Is Tony G. a lesser player than Shannon Sharpe because he never won a Super Bowl?  Ofcourse not. 

I mean it’s a different era. Sharps number in the “you can’t touch me” era would be off the wall. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Right.  So Shannon Sharpe wasnt even good enough to play at the same point in his career, while DK Metcalf is torching the league.  More reason for Shannon to STFU. 

Yeah, I do disagree.  I think Shannon Sharpe is being a dbag for calling him out on Tweeter to begin with because what grown as man would do something so childish?  All Metcalf told him to was stop worrying about him and Shannon doubled down and came with back with some childish bs capitalizing the words DUMB ASS in his post bragging about this resume to kid a 2 years and 6 games into his career.

Shannon Sharpe is ******* moron, there is that too. 

Fair point.  I'd offer up that they're both morons.  Talented morons.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Wit said:

I mean it’s a different era. Sharps number in the “you can’t touch me” era would be off the wall. 

Meh while true, it was a different era, in 1994 when Shannon finally deserved the right to play Football 3 years into his career, Jerry Rice caught 112 balls for 1500 yards and 13 TD's.  He was one of 20 WR to eclipse 1k in yards that season.   That very season, his brother, Sterling, caught 18 TD passes.  

DK is an absolute freak with after burners, he would have been just fine back then.  

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Meh while true, it was a different era, in 1994 when Shannon finally deserved the right to play Football 3 years into his career, Jerry Rice caught 112 balls for 1500 yards and 13 TD's.  He was one of 20 WR to eclipse 1k in yards that season.   That very season, his brother, Sterling, caught 18 TD passes.  

DK is an absolute freak with after burners, he would have been just fine back then.  

I’m not saying DK wouldn’t be good, but he should be humble and not look to attack a HOF with his media hot takes. These guys are using the games to self promote their platforms, DK will probably do the same thing to others one day. 

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh.  Twitter and social media aren't the enemy.  People are.  When used properly, social media is an incredible tool.  

Similar to the way our smartphones are unbelievably useful and we primarily use them to watch people f**k or to get into arguments with strangers.

Yet, Twitter and social media are the perfect sources to allow humanity to slide in the wrong direction: zero accountability, zero repercussions to anything said.  Didn't happen prior to because you'd get your ass kicked if you did....deservedly so in many cases.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yet, Twitter and social media are the perfect sources to allow humanity to slide in the wrong direction: zero accountability, zero repercussions to anything said.  Didn't happen prior to because you'd get your ass kicked if you did....deservedly so in many cases.

Every village has its idiot, as they say. In the past, these people were conveniently ignored or -- if their views were odious enough -- mocked and shunned. Now with social media, every village's idiot can find each other and create "communities." Hence the surge in anti-vax and flat Earth nonsense. 

• Sympathy 3