Thursday Night Football....

Beerfish

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Jackson is elite also. Mayfield is easily above average, and would put up much better stats if he didn’t have such a great running game to rely on.

You got the other 3 right though. ?

I think the Browns opted for that run heavy O so Baker wouldn't  be throwing 2 or 3 picks a game. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

I feel like the “Case Keenum playing well proves Baker sucks” people are now hiding in the same foxhole as the “Sam Darnold was being held back by the lowly Jets” people.

WTF does that even mean? Are you trying to apologize for Sam, or Baker? Case IS playing well. Explain.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zero—ZERO—chance Lamar Jackson would have gotten a chance to play or develop here. Bowles was lusting for Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown, for God’s sake. Lamar landed in the universe’s best situation for him, with a genius supercoach

I know this will make you throw up in your mouth, but Rex would have been all over Lamar Jackson if he'd have been here that year. He loves mobile QBs because he knows they're hard to scheme against.

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I know this will make you throw up in your mouth, but Rex would have been all over Lamar Jackson if he'd have been here that year. He loves mobile QBs because he knows they're hard to scheme against.

Rex loved the wildly mobile Mark Sanchez, for instance.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the “Case Keenum playing well proves Baker sucks” people are now hiding in the same foxhole as the “Sam Darnold was being held back by the lowly Jets” people.

Meh. Baker was overdrafted, Sam was Overdrafted, Zach was overdrafted.

Keenum was UNdrafted, so he's got that going for him....? 

Bigger question,  wtf happened to Odell? 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Anyone who ever rates a running back needs to watch the Browns. Chubb and Hunt are probably the two most overrated players in football simply because they get to play behind that interior. Both out and they barely miss a beat. Three guys over 6 ypc. Ridiculous.

Worthless position.

shocked ron burgundy GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Coincidentally, for all of those who believe that Deshaun Watson’s career is over, Aikman and Buck just spent five minutes talking about how Jim Brown is the greatest football player of all time, and then played a highlight reel. They did not mention that Brown was also accused of domestic violence and rape multiple times. 

Brown is an emblematic figure who’s presented the way he is because he stands, as much as anyone now living, at the intersection of the athletic and political. He is also a man who has been accused of and investigated for beating or raping women at least six times over several decades, a period of time spanning from the 1960s through 2000. Of those cases, three resulted in charges that were tried before juries; the three other cases were dropped when the women said they didn’t want to pursue charges or witnesses stopped cooperating. He admitted in his own memoir to slapping women, and in another case blamed violent outbursts on his wife having her period. He was found guilty once—of vandalism—and jailed when he refused to attend domestic violence counseling ordered by the judge in that case. 

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That Ambulance movie looks batsh*t crazy. Almost as insane as a 48 I worked with Rodney Luscar on Rescue 5 back in November 2012....

That was such a confusing trailer. It went from robbery, to mad max, to pretty woman, and then to Grand Theft Auto V

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Coincidentally, for all of those who believe that Deshaun Watson’s career is over, Aikman and Buck just spent five minutes talking about how Jim Brown is the greatest football player of all time, and then played a highlight reel. They did not mention that Brown was also accused of domestic violence and rape multiple times. 

Brown is an emblematic figure who’s presented the way he is because he stands, as much as anyone now living, at the intersection of the athletic and political. He is also a man who has been accused of and investigated for beating or raping women at least six times over several decades, a period of time spanning from the 1960s through 2000. Of those cases, three resulted in charges that were tried before juries; the three other cases were dropped when the women said they didn’t want to pursue charges or witnesses stopped cooperating. He admitted in his own memoir to slapping women, and in another case blamed violent outbursts on his wife having her period. He was found guilty once—of vandalism—and jailed when he refused to attend domestic violence counseling ordered by the judge in that case. 

Different eras. If Jim Brown was playing today and those accusations were made, he'd be in the same hot water that Watson is in now. Life isn't fair and timing is everything. 

Also, not for nothing, but Watson has 22 women (!) accusing him of sexual misconduct concurrently. Watson *appears* to be a serial sexual predator. OJ, Jim Brown, Ray Lewis. Give me any HOFer you want - none of them make Watson any less of a creep. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That Ambulance movie looks batsh*t crazy. Almost as insane as a 48 I worked with Rodney Luscar on Rescue 5 back in November 2012....

10 minutes ago, Grandy said:

That was such a confusing trailer. It went from robbery, to mad max, to pretty woman, and then to Grand Theft Auto V

Michael Bay.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I’m watching Bridgewater and all I’m thinking is “they’re sitting Locke to play this guy”?

Have to agree. I like Bridgewater - hard luck w/injuries- but seeing him play, ugh…….the word UNDERWHELMING keeps popping into my head. 

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Different eras. If Jim Brown was playing today and those accusations were made, he'd be in the same hot water that Watson is in now. Life isn't fair and timing is everything. 

Also, not for nothing, but Watson has 22 women (!) accusing him of sexual misconduct concurrently. Watson *appears* to be a serial sexual predator. OJ, Jim Brown, Ray Lewis. Give me any HOFer you want - none of them make Watson any less of a creep. 

Different eras, but you just watched the most prominent NFL broadcast team working today issue a hagiography of Jim Brown.