Zach Wilson is awful

Snell41

I think his talent is still intriguing. He has ability. Accuracy on simple passes is bad which is hard to overcome. 

Everything about the organization is rotten though, which isn’t his fault. The whole we’re going to lift you stuff from Saleh was a crock.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

He doesn't know how to tag so I don't hold it against you for missing it.  Also I don't think the guy knows much about football.  He never makes concrete claims and ive explained some reasons for optimism in the past.  

Well the only claim right now in Zach's favor are some flash plays and the fact he's a rookie 5 1/2 games in. he's had a few sustained drives and at times it looked like he was turning the corner only to come out the next game and do nothing. Like I said before many on this forum have blamed the talent and the OC for QB woes and yes I was one of them to an Extent but I gave up on that narrative with Sam Darnold and yes it's carrying over to Zach. I want this kid to succeed with every fiber of my being but I'm not going to make sh*t up and currently he's playing pretty bad when we have seen other rookies from years past light it up. Now you can claim talent but when I look at the replays and see open WR's being missed completely or 7 yard throws hitting the dirt I think that's cause for alarm. Thats not me bashing Zach its simply the truth just as much as the flash plays are 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DrFrasierCrane said:

He’s probably not the answer, but got to give him more than five games. 

Nothing about him jumps off the page as a franchise QB to me. Mac Jones and Lawrence look to be the franchise guys from this draft. 

Mike White would look like Mac Jones in a dink and dunk system. Josh McDaniels slowed the game down for Mac Jones from week 1. He dials up an occasional trick play to keep defenses honest, and in some cases, the trick play leads to a TD or a long gain. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He force fed Carter when he should of been running Ty Johnson all game. Carter can’t run between the tackles all that well. It wasn’t working and he just kept forcing it.

James Lofton( who I think is one of the best analysts) made great point yesterday on a 2nd a 4 play on the second drive. We threw a WR screen to Crowder that got blown up for a loss. Lofton says you can never run that play if you have a guy smaller blocking for the receiver. That's the stuff that we do that makes you wonder.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

James Lofton( who I think is one of the best analysts) made great point yesterday on a 2nd a 4 play on the second drive. We threw a WR screen to Crowder that got blown up for a loss. Lofton says you can never run that play if you have a guy smaller blocking for the receiver. That's the stuff that we do that makes you wonder.

This too. You have 6’3 200+ lb Denzel Mims who is regarded as a decent blocker & you choose to line Elijah Moore up instead.

he definitely is showing that just because you are brothers of a successful play caller...doesn’t mean you are a successful play caller. 

I can already smell the disaster with LaFleur.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't know what you're watching, because Zack Wilson so far is the worst QB in the NFL in 2021.

He needs to sit.  Not just during this injury, but after he's healthy as well.

It's time to sign a Vet and have somewhat competent play at QB, if possible.  It's what is best for Zack at this stage.

No one said he was good. Just that he’s shown potential. If you don’t see it that’s your problem. I try to look beyond the stats when trying to evaluate a complete sh*t show. 

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Favre like shovel pass for a 1st down yesterday.  The laser accurate 1st down throw on the sideline to griffin.

Zach was heating up and was going to have a monster day yesterday.  He was making big time plays.  Unfortunate he got hurt and we didnt see it.  His coming out party was happening though.

Sit tight Jet fans.  This is all part of the plan.    

He was a chaotic mess before he got hurt.

• Upvote 4

Wilson has a ton of talent and has played 5.25 games. He also looked ok yesterday, before he got hurt.  

The team is having trouble being competitive and has already has been blown out multiple times, but somehow managed to beat Tennessee a few weeks ago. That SCREAMS coaching issues. 

I'm much more worried about our rookie HC and his staff than our rookie QB. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

This too. You have 6’3 200+ lb Denzel Mims who is regarded as a decent blocker & you choose to line Elijah Moore up instead.

he definitely is showing that just because you are brothers of a successful play caller...doesn’t mean you are a successful play caller. 

I can already smell the disaster with LaFleur.

Reminded me of the drive killer in the 2nd half vs Atlanta when we had scored on the great KO return, got a turnover, and were running the ball down their throats, and we call that pass back across the field that lost like 15 yards. Mind boggling.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He force fed Carter when he should of been running Ty Johnson all game. Carter can’t run between the tackles all that well. It wasn’t working and he just kept forcing it.

My question is ...Was Perine active yesterday ? He was not on the inactive list did we really go into this game with 2 RB's both incapable of picking up the 3rd and 1's and 3rd and 2's ? How did Perine not get a touch ? was he a late scratch. Seriously this Perine and Mims thing is really starting to grate on my nerves probably yours as well/

16 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Jet fans have always overrated arm strength. As if throwing a ball harder equates to being a better quarterback.

Montana, Brady, Peyton, Brees all have/had just adequate arm strength…

He has little to no touch on the ball. Everything seems like its launched at the same speed which is why the short stuff isnt working.

• Upvote 1

I called Zach being a disaster early on, not signing a vet qb being a huge mistake, and with his slight frame Wilson would unfortunately get hurt.

That said... its way too early for this thread.

JD, Saleh, and Zach are not going anywhere anytime soon.  Let's hope Zach turns it around from looking like the biggest bust we've ever drafted. 

I think he can.

18 minutes ago, Pichula said:

No one said he was good. Just that he’s shown potential. If you don’t see it that’s your problem. I try to look beyond the stats when trying to evaluate a complete sh*t show. 

Potential may be the cheapest, most common asset around.  Almost everyone has "potential", the vast bulk never achieve it.

Sam had potential.  Geno had potential.  Hell, Hack had potential.  None of them lived up to it.

Zack needs to sit and learn.  And maybe we can salvage that potential before it's too late.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Potential may be the cheapest, most common asset around.  Almost everyone has "potential", the vast bulk never achieve it.

Sam had potential.  Geno had potential.  Hell, Hack had potential.  None of them lived up to it.

Zack needs to sit and learn.  And maybe we can salvage that potential before it's too late.

What? Not all players have the same level of potential, what is that nonsense? 

Wilson is raw and you can tell he's trying to rely on what he did in college in the NFL which sometimes works but most often doesn't. He needs to learn how to pass from the pocket more and he's missing open receivers too often. The problem is it's hard to learn to be confident and observe the field when you're running for your life and the pocket is a dangerous place. Wilson isn't going to get better until the blocking and coaching get better. It would also help if the receivers could hold on to a well thrown pass, too. 

27 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

The OLine is in bad shape. They need Becton back and just average in pass protection.  Fant as a blocking TE and you have somewhere they can run.  

Um just so your aware Fant is playing very well at LT and the OL have been doing their job and have been getting better by the week. They were in bad shape weeks 1-3 but have steadily gotten better every game since then

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

There’s a LaFleur thread, Saleh thread, Douglas thread…. Figure there might as well be an honest one about Zach. The kid is awful. Maybe a year or two sitting so he can learn the basics of football would’ve helped, but he has no business being a starting NFL QB right now. Faster we move on from this disaster the better.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Lets start a thread about your pathetic posts. @The Crusher 

• Haha 1

Im trying to be patient and positive but i dont know how much longer i can keep this up.

Wilson looks dreadful. Almost looks like the worse qb Ive ever watched. The scary part is that he cant throw simple short passes at all. Never seen that before. Im bummed and concerned.

Need to use our first pick on plan B qb and dump the captain. We need competition in camp. Its never too early to pick another one imo….. why wait? We have plenty of picks anyways and I think putting all your money on Wilson is way risky

• Haha 1

Wilson has talent and can improve.  He's no Herbert or Burrow.  We get that. But he's not Rosen.

It's just way too early to call him a bust.  Sam got two full seasons and the start of a third before we knew for sure.   Zach gets that.

56 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Jet fans have always overrated arm strength. As if throwing a ball harder equates to being a better quarterback.

Montana, Brady, Peyton, Brees all have/had just adequate arm strength…

It's the Pennington Syndrome. You may not show symptoms, but it's with you until you die.

• Upvote 1

Zach played ok in one quarter of football.  Once he got hurt, we had no chance to score.

Let me point out the 800 pound gorilla in the room. 

Saleh and JD, two highly-paid NFL professionals, trotted out "Darren Lee - The Sequel" in a game against a run heavy team and expected success. 

I hate to say it the offense actually looked better under White thats not saying much think Wikson should sit learn now with this injury he will be forced to. I said this back in March Zach wilson was a mirage not to draft him. BYU cream puff schedule made him look better then what he was. Good thing we had a 2nd first round pick got really good Guard Vera Tucker so this won't set this team back.

• Upvote 1

Lots of confirmation bias on all sides with these young QBs.

Those who thought Lawrence was a “generational talent” likely watch him and say “yep he’s got it.  He’s the one”.  I watch him and am far from convinced he will be any better than any other rookie.  

Those who told themselves that Mac Jones was perfect in NE probably think he’s been great.  Others see him as a game manager so far.

Wilson same deal.  If you thought he was gonna suck, you probably still think he sucks and nothing will change.  If you were hopeful you likely still have reason to be hopeful 

• Upvote 1

He's literally been thrown into the worst situation in the league.  He's got a lot of talent.  He's a bright engaged guy.  This is not Sam Darnold.  

He's in over his head with a bad roster and a coaching staff that's drowning in the shallow end of the pool. 

The Jets coaching staff literally threw him into the deep end of the pool without knowing if he could swim.   Pull him out dry him off and get in some coaches who know WTF they are doing.  

If Douglas future is riding on Zach Wilson, Douglas should be making some moves on the staff before he's off of IR.  This is a huge test for Douglas and it's a test for Woody.  If Douglas wants to learn how to be a great GM with the NY Jets he has to make a move on the staff.   Woody has to stand bye him if he's willing to do it.  

This is a huge test for Douglas.  If he blows the development of Zach all the guys saying he's doing it the right way are wrong.  He's a dumpster fire unless he fixes it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Action Zachtion said:

The OLine is in bad shape. They need Becton back and just average in pass protection.  Fant as a blocking TE and you have somewhere they can run.  

No. You’re grasping for excuses now. Fant has been playing excellent in pass pro. Nearly all Zach’s problems are his own with some bad coaching sprinkled in. But ZW has been bad even when he has time back there. 

I don’t like the idea of the staff trying to neuter him though. If you don’t want him to be the gunslinger type of player he is, then you shouldn’t have drafted him.

• Upvote 1