Defensive Holding On DLine

So I was perusing the game log and noticed Quinnen got called for defensive holding early in the game.  That makes 3 I think in the last two games and I legitimately don’t think I’ve ever seen it called before and haven’t seen any other calls this season watching other games.

Did they talk about it on the broadcast at all?  Some coach had to send something to the league to say watch for it.  Really odd to me.

• Upvote 1

100 % a bullsh*t call. On another running play inside the 20 the Pats were holding 3 different Jets players and not one was called for the hold .Huff was being held the entire game and the Pats logic there is as its always been, keep doing it until they consistently call us on it and guess what, they never do.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So I was perusing the game log and noticed Quinnen got called for defensive holding early in the game.  That makes 3 I think in the last two games and I legitimately don’t think I’ve ever seen it called before and haven’t seen any other calls this season watching other games.

Did they talk about it on the broadcast at all?  Some coach had to send something to the league to say watch for it.  Really odd to me.

James Lofton is so out of touch doing games its hilarious as is his partner. They missed so many cue's their producer had to be screaming into their ear pieces. I remember one part of the broadcast they were walking a Jet into the locker room and he was on screen for at least 3 or 4 seconds I had a hard time making out the number but it turned out to be Quincy Williams. Lofton said nothing and I didn't find out until later it was Quincy going to concussion protocol . When you are a sh*tty team you get sh*tty broadcasters and Lofton is the bottom of the barrel. The calls by the refs in this game and non calls were typical Foxboro trash

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

CBS broadcasts suck. That's a very strange penalty to call, and instead of showing a replay of what the refs claim was a penalty, the broadcast is hellbent on showing uss BS graphics and promos for  "Diabetic Equalizer" and "NCIS; Recycling Squad" . 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bugg said:

CBS broadcasts suck. That's a very strange penalty to call, and instead of showing a replay of what the refs claim was a penalty, the broadcast is hellbent on showing uss BS graphics and promos for  "Diabetic Equalizer" and "NCIS; Recycling Squad" . 

You've piqued my interest. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Probably Vrabel after we beat them. Don't forget who his mentor is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Sheesh,,  now we have issues with promos and commercials , lol

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I've seen it called a few times in other games.

My current rage inducing reffing thing is roughing the passer.  The jets getting called on all sorts of ticky tacky calls and then our QB 100% clearly gets hit low right in front of the mass hole ref, no call.

NFL refs are far and away the worst officials in any sport. No one is even a close 2nd

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It is an odd call, but what I believe when it occurs on the D-Line, the D-lineman basically tries to physically maul the O-lineman and "manhandle" him so that his d-linemen mate has a chance to shoot the gap.

In the case of Q this week, that did not even work as it was a big gainer. 

@HawkeyeJet There was no replay on that play.  It was the first snap and the broadcast was busy telling us the game was in New Jersey or some other useless thing.

Whatever Q did didn't work.  Harris ran untouched for 10 yards, right by our 210 lb safety trying to play middle linebacker.  

I'm still shocked that JD and Saleh couldn't find a run stopping linebacker to play on early downs against a run first team.  Every frickin team has guys like that.  This is incompetent negligence.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

@HawkeyeJet There was no replay on that play.  It was the first snap and the broadcast was busy telling us the game was in New Jersey or some other useless thing.

Whatever Q did didn't work.  Harris ran untouched for 10 yards, right by our 210 lb safety trying to play middle linebacker.  

I'm still shocked that JD and Saleh couldn't find a run stopping linebacker to play on early downs against a run first team.  Every frickin team has guys like that.  This is incompetent negligence.

Well, Mosely is that guy. The factor there is more do depth, or lack thereof.

I think by now it’s evident that the nfl has a vested interest in ensuring that certain teams are competitive.  Viewed through this lens, i think more than anything that stupid inane unlikely penalty signaled to Robert kraft that after the way they lost that heartbreaker to the cowboys the week before, there was simply no way they were losing to the jets.