We MUST beat the Texans

kevinc855

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

OP created this thread, not because he cares about the Jets, but so he can start 600 more threads on Sunday and the rest of the week if the Jets lose. If they win, well it was a “must win” so big deal. Right? 

Bingo. 

"We have to win this week",  this is it.   HAVE to win

JD sucks, he has to be fired along with Saleh for losing to the Texans

Bet the house on it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’ll go against the majority opinion, I think it’s important to start winning games. Not to make the playoffs of course, but to gain some momentum going into next season.

Taking a 2-15 record isn’t a good thing. I’m not OK with losing. It breeds more losing. 

Normally I'd agree but there is going to be a massive amount of roster turnover next year.  You have a slew of returning injured players, 5 more picks in the top 70, and a healthy amount of money to spend in FA.

I'm fine with Zach continuing to learn how to play while losing close games.  If Lawson returns close to form and they can get this kid from Oregon, it would go a long way in fixing the D.

I think momentum going into the following season is overrated unless you plan on bringing back the same team.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’ll go against the majority opinion, I think it’s important to start winning games. Not to make the playoffs of course, but to gain some momentum going into next season.

Taking a 2-15 record isn’t a good thing. I’m not OK with losing. It breeds more losing. 

Don't worry, the Jets tend to win game towards the end of the season

Most people call them 'meaningless' and that they just hurt draft position, but you have a very good point that I agree with

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

i think we could win. but im not demanding anything

but nothing is going to change my feeling on this team right now.

you guys bitch and complain every day but tell me..

when was the last time we draft 3 bona fide starters who could be all pros.... on offense none the less. 

add MC2 and thats some hell of a draft.

i keep looking at our draft history and i cant come up with one that had me this excited in week 10. 

so there are no must wins this year. next year is a must win season. but i would still like to win to help Wilson get his confidence up.

Who are the 3 future all pros?

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Whats the difference?  Youre guessing which horse will win, you can just as easily guess the winning horse with or without a fix.  The suckers are those who think they can figure out who will win 

As someone who used to get "inside info" there weren't and sure thing, guaranteed, cant lose fixes.  Just solid inside info that improved your odds of winning

His father was a mudder, his mother was a mudder...

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Winning this game means absolutely nothing.  You hope Zach looks good out there and the young players keep progressing, but win/loss makes no difference.

The Jets are underdogs and not expected to win.  If we win this game its an upset.

Yeah but Big Kev is upset right now Joe, so the Jets must win. 

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

that's not a good sign of a competent rebuild

JD has in many respects been a disaster.  I'm just pointing out there are a lot of injured guys and los yets have a plethora of picks and $ for FA next year.

I expect next year to be much different and if not its definitely time to put Heavy D on the hotseat.

• Upvote 2

On 11/23/2021 at 12:39 PM, kevinc855 said:

Ok, its week 12, enough, its the back end of the season, progress please. We need to get some W's and it will be hard to make an excuse up for losing against the lowly Texans. 

This to me is a HUGE game heading into December. Jets must end the season on a positive note. Losing to the Texans will just be inexcusable in my mind. 

Your thoughts and expectations for Jets Texans? 

If we win - Zach is God.

If we lose - not Zach's fault.

On 11/23/2021 at 11:24 AM, kevinc855 said:

Reading this thread shows how battered and abused Jet fans are. Winning no longer matters. Any morsel of something good they can hold on to they clutch, even if its one guy out of 22 starters they cheer as if the franchise will turn around because of it. 

The blindness is amazing 

Flash plays.

Flash plays everywhere!