Becton Thread from last season

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wasn’t that much of a personal problem last year. 

Becton wasn’t recovering from an 8 week leg injury last year. 

Are you suggesting that Becton would have had no problem getting back in game shape after such an injury under Gase? If so - FOH

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

You are fine with completely blowing off an entire draft class after one year and saying it’s not a big deal? Ok.

Way to misinterpret. Lol

Who said the entire class? Not much up in the attic for arithmetic, huh?

Hall is starting at CB and a solid #2 CB on any other team.

Ashtyn Davis is getting reps and has contributed as a starter. He needs to improve.

Mann is a starter & solid punter. He’s still recovering, IMO, from the injury on his plant (left) leg from game 1.

Zuniga & Clarke can be thrown into the scrap heap with Becton, Mims, and Perine. I hope for them to improve, but I’m having my doubts. I just won’t hold JD to the fire as much as others will I. Regards to this specific 2020 draft class. 

3/8 ain’t great but we’ve had worse, as have several other teams. As stated before, and repeated due to your lack of reading comprehension, the 2020 COVID NFL draft class is a mulligan, IMO, because of the inability to thoroughly evaluate prospects unlike other years due to COVID protocols and travel limitations  

Just now, T0mShane said:

Do you think the issue with Becton is an injury?

No - I suspect Becton isn’t working hard enough to get back in shape - but I think linking that to the head coach is silly, unless you are aware of something I’m not. 

there have always been concerns over Becton’s durability and ability to stay in shape. What does this have to do with Saleh or Gase? Why would we assume master motivator Gase would have Becton in the lineup right now? 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

No - I suspect Becton isn’t working hard enough to get back in shape - but I think linking that to the head coach is silly, unless you are aware of something I’m not. 

there have always been concerns over Becton’s durability and ability to stay in shape. What does this have to do with Saleh or Gase? Why would we assume master motivator Gase would have Becton in the lineup right now? 

You’ve been trolled. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I’m asserting that the New York Jets under Robert Saleh don’t play particularly hard most weeks. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’m asserting that the New York Jets under Robert Saleh don’t play particularly hard most weeks. 

I’m honestly not sure. There are weeks where I would agree with you, but I also think this is a ridiculously young team (leading the NFL in rookie minutes this season by a considerable margin) that just makes a lot of mistakes, has players playing out of position on defense because of lack of talent/depth/injuries, and has a green coaching staff that is just learning how to prepare for games. I’m not convinced the coaching issues this year are motivation-related. 

The other problem is, Gase’s teams got blown out like they got off on that sh*t. So, even if you were right about Saleh’s staff having player motivation issues, why would you bring up master motivator Gase? 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Do you think the issue with Becton is an injury?

actually, i think what may have happened this year is, becton knew the coaches weren’t giving him his LT job back b/c fant was playing well and they valued the better pass blocker over the better run blocker.  So my guess is, becton knew he had been Wally pipped and mailed it in.  I’m also guessing, with no knowledge, that they may have even approached him with the idea of playing RT and he rejected it. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Are we spending another high pick on a tackle? Unfortunately I still don't know after reading that.

The Jets need three real Ts, they cannot get by with Edoga as their T3.  

That is Moses or another high draft pick.   I think practically both will cost $6-8mm.

Just now, varjet said:

The Jets need three real Ts, they cannot get by with Edoga as their T3.  

That is Moses or another high draft pick.   I think practically both will cost $6-8mm.

In this weak draft Neal may go top 3 anyway, so i doubt the jets have a shot to take him. They can take a T in the 2nd round though, if they think becton is unsalvagable.

2 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

No surprise there. 

seems like Becton, Mims, and Perrine are miscast misfits for this CS’s offensive schemes. I take it more as an indictment of the COVID 2020 Scouting/combine/draft process (or lack thereof) than a blemish on JD. ‘21 draft looks good (better scouting/evaluation/interview process?) and Jets are primed for a legendary off-season (our REAL football Xmas, lol)

Jets haven't drafted well in almost 15 years.  I'll wait to see.  I wonder how may GM's would have taken Becton over Wirfs?  Then to draft a UNCC kid in 4th round because he was a workout partner of Becton. Sounded great on paper.

Yet we are thrilled about a kid who was drafted in he 6th round by NE and then cut.  THAT is how good we have drafted.   

JD is more than suspect.

• Upvote 3