So, Omicron pretty much sucks

Jet_Engine1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

My state is not that bad but it's close. I was in FL 3 weeks ago and it was a breath of fresh air because it seemed like 90%+ of the population just went back to living their lives. They also have had one of the lowest positivity rates for new infections even though it is a crowded state. 

I95 south was a disaster yesterday. It seems many have the same idea

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Not saying if your sick, saying if your positive but not sick

We only test people with symptoms. Our personnel that are out are either symptomatic,  or caring for family that is sick. 

We're no longer getting presumptive DDL, and with short staffing, I can guarantee we have people working who are asymptomatic but would test positive. It's just nearly 2 years of working this sh*t is starting to mount up. We just don't make dancing videos and tearfull pleas on YouTube like the nurses....?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jago said:

scrolled through 100 posts and (unless i missed one) not a mention of supplements diet and exercise to help defend yourselves. this is regardless of your vax status.
C D Zinc Quercetin can help. cheers and good health to all.

Mass media has no interest in this.  Fresh fruit, vegetables, non processed foods, vitamins, exercise. 

Natural immunity. 

You won’t hear it from the mass media because it makes sense and is cheap or free. 

And not controlling. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, jago said:

scrolled through 100 posts and (unless i missed one) not a mention of supplements diet and exercise to help defend yourselves. this is regardless of your vax status.
C D Zinc Quercetin can help. cheers and good health to all.

Never mentioned by Lord Fauci either.  Through this entire ordeal , proper diet and exercise was the best advice, and almost never mentioned.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Mass media has no interest in this.  Fresh fruit, vegetables, non processed foods, vitamins, exercise. 

Natural immunity. 

You won’t hear it from the mass media because it makes sense and is cheap or free. 

And not controlling. 

Proper diet and exercise > masks and vaccinations.

And i am vaccinated. But, lifestyle is way more important than a vaccination 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, PLO said:

I think you can get one, depends on the physician I guess. FYI, the current science on "routine blood tests" is that they are unnecessary and at a population level actually bad for people. A lot of doctors aren't really up on the current science in this area. If it were me I would avoid an "annual" blood test, just unnecessary, a waste of money and time. 

I don't mind getting it done because I'm pushing the big 5-0. I'm with one of the largest healthcare providers in the US and they will not test me for antibodies even during a routine blood test. Why?

15 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Natural immunity. 

And not controlling. 

Agreed on everything but this. 

Unfortunately the healthiest food is the most expensive, especially right now for reasons I wont dive into. 

Protein, healthy fat, vegetables, all super expensive. 1lb of ground beef right now is like 7 bucks lol.

7 bucks can get you 3 meals at McDonalds. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Southern Pasco county along SR54 has exploded in growth. When I moved there in 97 SR54 was one lane the entire length from 19 to Zephyrhills and the Suncoast Pkwy. did not exist. It's been four years since I've been back but it was crazy growth and the sh*ttiest of houses were selling for 300k in that area.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I don't mind getting it done because I'm pushing the big 5-0. I'm with one of the largest healthcare providers in the US and they will not test me for antibodies even during a routine blood test. Why?

Yep, I'm 50 as well, last time a doctor said I should get my "bloods" done, I knocked it back. 

As far as for your question, I don't really have an answer. The CDC says you can get an anti-body test, its on their website. Next time you see your Doctor you should really just ask for it and if he knocks you back show him the web page. 

1 minute ago, PLO said:

Yep, I'm 50 as well, last time a doctor said I should get my "bloods" done, I knocked it back. 

As far as for your question, I don't really have an answer. The CDC says you can get an anti-body test, its on their website. Next time you see your Doctor you should really just ask for it and if he knocks you back show him the web page. 

I quite like my Dr. but I'm sure he's following the healthcare mega giant that is employing him. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Agreed on everything but this. 

Unfortunately the healthiest food is the most expensive, especially right now for reasons I wont dive into. 

Protein, healthy fat, vegetables, all super expensive. 1lb of ground beef right now is like 7 bucks lol.

7 bucks can get you 3 meals at McDonalds. 

Zach Wilson, bust or superstar?

Edited by Peace Frog
Politics
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Never mentioned by Lord Fauci either.  Through this entire ordeal , proper diet and exercise was the best advice, and almost never mentioned.   

Or natural immunity. If they wanted this to be about the so called "science" they would test people for antibodies before they get the jab. I can get these simple tests done on my dog before he gets yet another immunization, why not humans? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

I quite like my Dr. but I'm sure he's following the healthcare mega giant that is employing him. 

So weird that these vaccines are “free” but chemo insulin etc aren’t. 

I LOVE free stuff because it’s FREE and no one is paying for it. 

Sticking it to big Pharma. 

So liberating. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Or natural immunity. If they wanted this to be about the so called "science" they would test people for antibodies before they get the jab. I can get these simple tests done on my dog before he gets yet another immunization, why not humans? 

Natural immunity is free. 

What’s the upside for the government and Big Pharma in pushing  that? 

Sounds dumb. 

28 minutes ago, PLO said:

In terms of your body's response to infection, there's no such thing as "natural" immunity, there's just immunity, or "active" immunity if you will. You can get this via either vaccine or infection. 

The issue with being infected with covid as a means to fend off future infection is that there's no guarantee with covid infection that you'll develop antibodies to stave off future infection, with a true vaccination regime there's a guarantee you will develop antibodies to fight future infection. About a third of non-vaccinated people who are infected with covid develop no antibodies against future infection. So basically you run the risk of death/long covid getting your "natural" immunity, not once, but twice at least. 

I’m Italian. I have natural immunity to everything but pasta sauce cheese and sausage. 

My dad was a thoracic surgeon and whilst we were inoculated from all the childhood diseases he was adamantly against the flu vaccine. A man of science. Said it does not work (like this years version) and just weakens the immune system. Crazy, right? 

Can’t question the science even from a highly educated board certified MD FACS surgeon. 

I’m 62. Have never gotten a flu shot. 

Have never gotten the flu.  

Natural immunity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Natural immunity is free. 

What’s the upside for the government and Big Pharma in pushing  that? 

Sounds dumb. 

Yeah, about BigPharma...normally I'd be holding a torch and a pitchfork right beside you but I mean, they did kind of save humanity and stuff with the creation and distribution of life-saving vaccines...so they get a pass.  For now.  Except for Martin Skreli and that Sackler family.  Screw them.  Yay Phizer and Moderna!  J&J really nice try!  You almost did it this time!  But chin up, there's always next pandemic!

Think about how many people dramatically altered their lifestyle during this pandemic. Wore a mask everyday and changed  almost everything they do.  The govt had that power. 

Now imagine if the govt used that same power during the pandemic to get everyone to quit sugar , processed foods and exercise.  

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Snowbirds with second homes heading down for the winter and people who drove up to be with their kids for the Holiday… happens after every Christmas

The renters head down for the 1st of the month every January and February. I live off the Intercostal Waterway, and it’s the same thing (obviously not to the same extent), with all the boats heading south.

Come the end of February and March, it’s the same thing, but in the opposite direction. Everyone is heading back north.

26 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Snowbirds with second homes heading down for the winter and people who drove up to be with their kids for the Holiday… happens after every Christmas

The renters head down for the 1st of the month every January and February. I live off the Intercostal Waterway, and it’s the same thing (obviously not to the same extent), with all the boats heading south.

Come the end of February and March, it’s the same thing, but in the opposite direction. Everyone is heading back north.

Yeah duh. More people are getting out because of the absurd restrictions for the winter though. The city flat out blows right now.

I believe NY lost the most amount of population overall this year too. 

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah duh. More people are getting out because of the absurd restrictions for the winter though. The city flat out blows right now.

I believe NY lost the most amount of population overall this year too. 

I live 700 miles away, so I’m no expert on NYC real estate, Matt.

My daughter owns in Brooklyn (Prospect Heights), and my nephew just leased a 2 bedroom in Manhattan for 5k a month. According to them the market is booming again?

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I live 700 miles away, so I’m no expert on NYC real estate, Matt.

My daughter owns in Brooklyn (Prospect Heights), and my nephew just leased a 2 bedroom in Manhattan for 5k a month. According to them the market is booming again?

People are leaving. City will always be expensive. 5k in rent seems idiotic when you can build equity somewhere else.

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

People are leaving. City will always be expensive. 5k in rent seems idiotic when you can build equity somewhere else.

I couldn’t agree more. He’s a 33yo corporate lawyer though. Single and dating a gorgeous girl who’s living in a 8k per place. He loves the city, and he’s living the life right now. ?

My daughter just got married, and wants to have a baby as soon as possible. They’re going to start looking for a place on Long Island this spring. She just bought a BMW XR5 two weeks ago, so that tells me she’s serious about moving.