Why Jets should trade #4 pick to get Hutchinson or Thibodeaux

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Not trading up to get one of these guys.  I’m not sold on them.  

I’m a partial Oregon fan and have never watched a game and said, wow Kayvon is really dominating today. Often times I wonder where he is.  

Hutchinson, to me, is a one year wonder.  Kinda scary how ineffective he was against Georgia in the playoffs. That scares me.

Who would you want at #4 or would you trade the pick?

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I’m not saying I don’t want Hutchinson or thibodeaux, I’m just saying I don’t wanna trade up for them. If they fall I’d give it a go.

realistically I’d like Neal or ekwonu.  If a team wants to come up and grab a qb I’m all for trading back.

This

If Hutch or Thibs falls to #4, sure, give it a go. But I’m not trading up for anyone.

I’ve been against going OL in Round 1 for a while now after initially catching the Linderbaum fever a few months ago. But it’s really starting to look like that’s where the value is going to be at #4 unless the Jets want to take a shot on Hamilton.

I didn’t really start paying attention to Ekwonu until recently but holy sh*t what a monster. Already has a ton of experience in a wide zone system and looks to completely demolish dudes on the field. Plug him in at RG Day 1 and then if something happens to Fant or Becton doesn’t work out, shift him over to either tackle spot.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I’m not saying I don’t want Hutchinson or thibodeaux, I’m just saying I don’t wanna trade up for them. If they fall I’d give it a go.

realistically I’d like Neal or ekwonu.  If a team wants to come up and grab a qb I’m all for trading back.

This.  Stop with the trade up for non-genertational talents.

We'd make the Trubisky trade up look good.

• Upvote 1

Thibs is not really all that. The few games I saw of him he was no where to be found. Also Given the report ( if true ) about Thibs’s smart ass know it all attitude in another recent thread and the type of high character players JD normally looks for and drafts I highly doubt Thibs would even be considered by JD at # 4 let alone trade up for 

Hell no.  lol 

2 top 10 picks in the worst draft I can remember in decades.  Such a Jetsy situation. 

This draft just seems eerily familiar to 2008.  Just completely underwhelming, though interestingly enough both QB's that went in the first round that year played in a Super Bowl, Ryan and Flacco.  So, I'm going to stay optimistic we have a riser and can trade back, not up.

2 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Thibs is not really all that. The few games I saw of him he was no where to be found. Also Given the report ( if true ) about Thibs’s smart ass know it all attitude in another recent thread and the type of high character players JD normally looks for and drafts I highly doubt Thibs would even be considered by JD at # 4. 

Myles Garrett had the same vibe about him. Cocky, football wasn't that important, etc. If he's there at 4, run don't walk that card to the front of the room.

• Upvote 1

Myles Garret is a far and away better player than Thibs is. Also there was no reports that I can recall about Garrett having character issues. The only thing I remember coming out about Garrett was that he liked poetry or painting or some other Bohemian interest 

35 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Myles Garret is a far and away better player than Thibs is. Also there was no reports that I can recall about Garrett having character issues. The only thing I remember coming out about Garrett was that he liked poetry or painting or some other Bohemian interest 

He liked the music of the band Queen.

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Garrett was all "football isn't the most important thing in my life". Then he goes pro and turns 'roid rage on Steelers QB. 

It's all a roll of the dice. Rather roll them for a high payout if i hit.

47 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Garrett was all "football isn't the most important thing in my life". Then he goes pro and turns 'roid rage on Steelers QB. 

Garrett and Oregon guy are on different planets talent wise. Thibedeux is living off of his high school rep. He underperformed at Oregon and is a jackass to boot. Some team will make the mistake but he will definitely drop unless Douglas decides to eat the trash.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Garrett and Oregon guy are on different planets talent wise. Thibedeux is living off of his high school rep. He underperformed at Oregon and is a jackass to boot. Some team will make the mistake but he will definitely drop unless Douglas decides to eat the trash.

I’m kind of here with you in this. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DoomProphet said:

Why would you pick Neal if Becton is coming back and Fant had a great year, we have more pressing needs. Now if Jets trade Becton then I'm board with Neal.

I think you hope Becton returns to full strength but plan as if he's not. Nothing would be worse for this team at the end of next year if Becton turns out to be a bust, Fant at 31 will have us over a barrel, and McGovern walks in FA. Take the G/T that can play RG and gives you the flexibility to do what you need to with Becton.

• Upvote 2

I think the Jets take Ekwonu or Neal if he falls. They can start at RG and move to RT when Fant’s contract expires… or worst case, Becton can’t stay healthy and they start at tackle sooner than later.

With that said, if either Hutch or Thibs falls I don’t know how they aren’t the pick.

35 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think you hope Becton returns to full strength but plan as if he's not. Nothing would be worse for this team at the end of next year if Becton turns out to be a bust, Fant at 31 will have us over a barrel, and McGovern walks in FA. Take the G/T that can play RG and gives you the flexibility to do what you need to with Becton.

I understand your point. Neal is going to Jacksonville most likely.

10 hours ago, Jethead said:

At this point of the rebuild can’t really roll the dice on a big payout. Need to make sure you hit on these picks. Thibs and to a lesser extent Hutch are really not slam dunks to be impactful players. More confident in Hutch and Karlaftis being serviceable pro’s  than Thibs with none of them being worthy of the # 4 overall pick Thibs to me has a higher chance of being a bust as I am just not sold on his talent or attitude. Where in Garrett’s case I don’t recall anyone questioning his talent or commitment to football which has been borne out in his performance as a pro and has been by all accounts a good teammate The helmet incident on Mason was a really dumb action on his part which he seems to have learned from and should not be attributed to “ roid rage” when there is no evidence of Garrett on the stuff. It Was a really really bad lapse of judgement 

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I cannot watch or listen to this.  The presentation is awful both visually and audibly.

Having said that, if the thread title is the content of the video--absolutley not.  

Good story though.

For a Peace Frog you're not being particularly peaceful. ??