Deshaun Watson criminal charges dropped

3 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

that's the thing that gets me, is it really that much harder to imagine that one star athlete is a freaking gross creep than a sprawling conspiracy of massage therapists? 

At least twenty of the masseuses were under contract to one guy to represent them. That guy happens to be a Texans superfan who is friendly with the lunatic owner of the franchise. This was all covered in the Vrentas piece. The woman Vrentas was talking to wouldn’t sign on to Buzbee’s deal because, as Vrentas writes:

She contacted Buzbee’s firm after the first complaints were filed, but says she felt pressured to sign a contract for them to represent her and declined. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The part where you understand responding is conscious decision.  I will model that for you 

Or the part where someone is just being dense

Twice I've said I'm done, youre entitled to your opinion.  You just want to bludgeon people with a mindless take on 22 people accusing your guy of being a POS

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean the hypothetical that only you have manufactured to deflect the actual charges that have been made against your guy?  

Makes sense.  To no one

Or the hypothetical in which Watson committed reams of heinous acts against 22+ women and should have been hanged in the public square because you read an SI article and know more about what happened than every law enforcement and legal entity that had access to the witnesses and evidence. But sure. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

At least twenty of the masseuses were under contract to one guy to represent them. That guy happens to be a Texans superfan who is friendly with the lunatic owner of the franchise. This was all covered in the Vrentas piece. The woman Vrentas was talking to wouldn’t sign on to Buzbee’s deal because, as Vrentas writes:

She contacted Buzbee’s firm after the first complaints were filed, but says she felt pressured to sign a contract for them to represent her and declined. 

Oh boy, bringing facts into this discussion is a recipe for disaster. 

14 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Sorry. I don’t speculate.  If you have the entire context or hard evidence, please provide.  He should apologize if they were uncomfortable.  I won’t convict him as a predator 

That’s not using your critical thinking skills, just thought you should know that.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Sorry. I don’t speculate.  If you have the entire context or hard evidence, please provide.  He should apologize if they were uncomfortable.  I won’t convict him as a predator 
I guess it comes down to what was said or done and if there was any nefarious intent or whatever.

I've never heard of a human having 22 women accuse them of sexual misconduct and stan completely innocent before .. have you ? Closest this is Bill Cosby's 60 women.

Time will tell ... gonna be fun watching him in the snowy windy north as he marches that team to perennial 5-12 seasons. I wonder if then Celeveland will realize its blunder.
  • Upvote 1

Or the hypothetical in which Watson committed reams of heinous acts against 22+ women and should have been hanged in the public square because you read an SI article and know more about what happened than every law enforcement and legal entity that had access to the witnesses and evidence. But sure. 

The excuse now is backed by going with the over the top accusation that people want him hung in the public square.  

You missed the point of what the SI article talked about.  One more time, the accusations are what happened behind closed doors, there never was going to be the evidence to shut the excuse makers up

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I guess it comes down to what was said or done and if there was any nefarious intent or whatever.

I've never heard of a human having 22 women accuse them of sexual misconduct and stan completely innocent before .. have you ? Closest this is Bill Cosby's 60 women.

Time will tell ... gonna be fun watching him in the snowy windy north as he marches that team to perennial 5-12 seasons. I wonder if then Celeveland will realize its blunder.

The people here defending him wanted him to be the next Jets QB.  Period.  They can’t let the fact that this will never happen go and will defend Watson under the veil of “protecting his innocence” so that people don’t think differently of them.  Some of them are just better at hiding it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

And not a single one could provide evidence that would send him to prison.   Not 1. Send him where sexual predators belong.  If you can provide  it, bring it. 

It's illegal to video tape a massage, aside from that it's he said she said. What evidence do you think they should have come up with?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

The excuse now is backed by going with the over the top accusation that people want him hung in the public square.  

You missed the point of what the SI article talked about.  One more time, the accusations are what happened behind closed doors, there never was going to be the evidence to shut the excuse makers up

Nor was there ever going to be evidence that Watson *didn’t* do what was alleged. 

Oof.  That should be the knockout blow.

nBgCkD.gif.4f44e9e91fdb8b8a6a926161a7389f2c.gif

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The people here defending him wanted him to be the next Jets QB.  Period.  They can’t let the fact that this will never happen go and will defend Watson under the veil of “protecting his innocence” so that people don’t think differently of them.  Some of them are just better at hiding it.

No.  He dont have an arm for the Meadowlands.  He is a dome qb, like Brees.

11 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It's illegal to video tape a massage, aside from that it's he said she said. What evidence do you think they should have come up with?

None.  Maybe you can vote for the local politician who will make that the standard in your district.  

or you can ask they provide the evidence that he is a predator, if that is what you are accusing him of.  

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would absolutely love to hear what you think of the accusations against a certain former presidential figure (who I can’t stand either) accused of similar things.  

Something tells me it’s not the same defense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

How do you know these are all the women he's done this to?  How do you know there arent others who have been victimized and dont want to have their names smeared, their reputations dragged through themed by people who think like you and will claim theyre making it up for money?

People: "If the women don't immediately come forward and go to the authorities, then obviously nothing happened."

Also people: "The women just want money and attention, bro, lol."

And they wonder why victims struggle with the choice to come forward. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I would absolutely love to hear what you think of the accusations against a certain former political figure accused of similar things.

Coincidentally, that’s part of what has changed my views on these things. The system is insufficient, wealthy pieces of sh*t skate through without a scratch while those without such resources go to jail for decades. Buzbee is a creature created by and embedded in this system. I am glad he “lost,” though I’m sure he’ll turn a nice profit from the civil suits. Scumbags all. Don’t root for scumbags.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Coincidentally, that’s part of what has changed my views on these things. The system is insufficient, wealthy pieces of sh*t skate through without a scratch while those without such resources go to jail for decades. Buzbee is a creature created by and embedded in this system. I am glad he “lost,” though I’m sure he’ll turn a nice profit from the civil suits. Scumbags all. Don’t root for scumbags.

No disagreeing here.  Genuine thank you for clarifying your position there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, you read an article that details a woman who's not affiliated with Buzbee, telling a very similar story to all the women that are, and your only conclusion is that all those other women must be lying?

So, what do you make of the woman in the Vrentas piece? Another Buzbee paid actor? Just a one-off encounter with Deshaun that he's never repeated?

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nor was there ever going to be evidence that Watson *didn’t* do what was alleged. 

I already said this.  

Doesnt make him innocent.

This is where common sense along with probability gets added in.  

It comes down to who you like.  Those who wanted Watson here defend him.  Big Ben, he was never coming here so everyone called him Rapelisberger.  Never going to get Lewis and youre all in on he's a murderer accusations.  

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, you read an article that details a woman who's not affiliated with Buzbee, telling a very similar story to all the women that are, and your only conclusion is that all those other women must be lying?

So, what do you make of the woman in the Vrentas piece? Another Buzbee paid actor? Just a one-off encounter with Deshaun that he's never repeated?

This is from the SI article:

This is what “Mary” alleges:

Mary makes clear that Watson did not touch her, nor did he force her into conducting any sexual acts. 

This is what “Mary” wants:

I just want a genuine apology, for us and our community, for putting us in these situations where we don't know what to do,” she says. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No, the evidence would be correspondence between Buzbee and these women proving a conspiracy, or people close to these women coming forward and saying as much, or the women themselves confessing.

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I would absolutely love to hear what you think of the accusations against a certain former presidential figure (who I can’t stand either) accused of similar things.  

Something tells me it’s not the same defense.

Whoa, that's some serious Grover Cleveland shade.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can't disagree with this, except for the bold. I was never rooting for Buzbee. I was rooting for the victims.

No doubt, the system is trash and slanted towards the rich and powerful. It just sucks that 20-some potential victims have to suffer for it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is from the SI article:

This is what “Mary” alleges:

Mary makes clear that Watson did not touch her, nor did he force her into conducting any sexual acts. 

This is what “Mary” wants:

I just want a genuine apology, for us and our community, for putting us in these situations where we don't know what to do,” she says. 

Doesn't mean that Watson didn't escalate his behavior with other women, as they are claiming he did. Her claimed incident predates those of the lawsuit incidents. Everything I read in the story sounds like red flags to me about Watson's character. Just the fact that he is hiring non-sex workers for what amounts to a sexual encounter should be a major red flag. He should know that's not acceptable, but I reckon he does it on purpose. That's scary.

Here's a hypothetical example: if some guy exposes himself to a yard full of children, even though that isn't sexual assault, wouldn't you be concerned that he may escalate that behavior in the future?

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He sat out for a year got out of his contract with Houston and signed to a team he wants to play for with a raise of 50 million which more than conpensates him for sitting out last year.  

The guy isn't getting hung in the public square.  He's looked as a savior to Browns fans and the women who may well have been victimized will be victimized again as money hungry liars. 

Being "Branded" a sexual predatory is pretty tough stuff if you didn't do it.  Being branded a money grubbing liar for coming forward if you're abused is also pretty tough stuff.  

If you're in the public eye your reputation is at public risk.  That's baked into the cake of the rich and famous.  I'm not sure that's a huge price if they can't prove it or win a settlement?  It's problamatic of living in a free society and being in the public eye. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

If you are forcing scores/ hundreds of women to perform sex acts, there will be damning evidence.  And somebody is going to call the authorities or go to the hospital immediately after the incident.  Did that ever happen?  Once?  Just a coincidence I guess 

Perry Mason on Make a GIF

Oh Burn!!!!

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Here's a hypothetical example: if some guy exposes himself to a yard full of children, even though that isn't sexual assault, wouldn't you be concerned that he may escalate that behavior in the future?

I mean, seriously, why are we projecting sh*t like this onto Watson? 

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He sat out for a year got out of his contract with Houston and signed to a team he wants to play for with a raise of 50 million which more than conpensates him for sitting out last year.  

The guy isn't getting hung in the public square.  He's looked as a savior to Browns fans and the women who may well have been victimized will be victimized again as money hungry liars. 

Being "Branded" a sexual predatory is pretty tough stuff if you didn't do it.  Being branded a money grubbing liar for coming forward if you're abused is also pretty tough stuff.  

If you're in the public eye your reputation is at public risk.  That's baked into the cake of the rich and famous.  I'm not sure that's a huge price if they can't prove it or win a settlement?  It's problamatic of living in a free society and being in the public eye. 

Agree with all of this. Who’s the only person who profited from this entire situation? 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

No proof found , and I did want him here as our QB because our QB sucks.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's true. The advantaged thinking they get to define what the concepts are for the othered isn't a new thing. Misogyny is a wonderful example of this. To assume that an attorney can convince 22 professional women to conspire to bring down an athlete by lying about being sexually assaulted, rather than opting for Occam's razor, is quite literally the definition of it. 

Make It Rain Reaction GIF by Bud Light

Payday was the motivation.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, seriously, why are we projecting sh*t like this onto Watson? 

Dude, I was not to comparing Watson to a pedo. I was making a point about escalating predatory behavior. Just because he didn't touch "Mary", doesn't mean he didn't escalate his behavior in future encounters (exactly what he's accused of).