Crowder to the Bills

Bronx

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Who will be the better all-around player next season  ?  Crowder or Berrios?  That’s the question to ask on whether we should have re-signed him or not 

Berrios has the versatility that made him something of a commodity in free agency this year. He’s on par with Crowder as a slot, then brings all pro level returning and gadget/rushing play ability. That’s why he signed for two years/$12M, and Crowder got one for “up to” $4M. Berrios is ascending, Crowder’s descending. 

Also always believed he was never coming back after he took that pay cut last year. This shouldn’t be surprising to anyone. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Great WR, took a pay cut to stay here last year.  Wish him the best!

He took a pay cut because he knew no one else would pay him more than that.

It wasn’t an act of generosity; he was furious over Douglas waiting until his would-be options dried up, well after FA and the draft, before putting that squeeze on him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Berrios has the versatility that made him something of a commodity in free agency this year. He’s on par with Crowder as a slot, then brings all pro level returning and gadget/rushing play ability. That’s why he signed for two years/$12M, and Crowder got one for “up to” $4M. Berrios is ascending, Crowder’s descending. 

Also always believed he was never coming back after he took that pay cut last year. This shouldn’t be surprising to anyone. 

I’d be ok with an effective slot WR swap with Buffalo. At 33, Beasley should be less $ than Crowder, he’s been a reliable veteran, and is still just 1 season removed from his career best.

Problem is even if the money’s about the same I’m sure he can get more attractive offers elsewhere, in terms of playing time and postseason potential. I’d take him for $3MM (effectively $2MM, since that’s how much that’d be over a minimum salary guy). But after signing Berrios, and between anticipating the Jets drafting someone plus giving Mims a chance to redeem himself, they’re probably only shopping for a WR5 (+/-1) so $3MM is likely a ceiling. But I’d be on board for that. 

9 hours ago, BurntDice said:

9 draft picks and we have the most players on the team in the league. There’s also a deadline for signings that count for the comp pick formula. Maybe in a few weeks? Not sure the date 

From what I can find it's 4pm ET on the Monday following the draft.

https://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

[A] Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year1 […]; and (ii) ranked within the top 35% of all League players […]. Clubs that lose to other Clubs a greater number of CFAs than they sign or acquire from other Clubs shall be eligible to receive a Compensatory Draft Selection in the College Draft to be held in the following League Year subject to the provisions set forth below.

Didn't realise the bit about falling in the top 35% of all League players - not even sure what that is assessed on?

11 hours ago, BurntDice said:

9 draft picks and we have the most players on the team in the league. There’s also a deadline for signings that count for the comp pick formula. Maybe in a few weeks? Not sure the date 

You ain't kidding ! As of Monday the Jets have 78 under contract with 9 Draft picks. If the Jets trade down a couple of times picking up additional picks they could easily exceed 90. Is there a limit to the number of players a team can go to camp with ? Cut down days at the end of preseason will be brutal.

3 hours ago, WestCoastMole said:

You ain't kidding ! As of Monday the Jets have 78 under contract with 9 Draft picks. If the Jets trade down a couple of times picking up additional picks they could easily exceed 90. Is there a limit to the number of players a team can go to camp with ? Cut down days at the end of preseason will be brutal.

Right! It’s pretty crazy how many players are on the team 

would have been better if the took denzel off our hands but who would want him? thanks Joe

berrios (who joe did not draft) was a nice story last year and played with heart and I am glad he is back )but crowder is a better player

besides moore joe would not know a good wr if he bumped into him on the streets

denzel sucks 

cole sucks

perriman sucked-robby is MUCH better

Davis not worth the money joe gave him