Jets Will / Should Draft Kayvon Thibodeaux?

Kayvon Thibodeaux.  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Jets draft Kayvon Thibodeaux if he is there at #4?

• YES! NO DOUBT!
    • Probably
    • Unsure
    • Probably Not
    • NO WAY! NO HOW!
  2. 2. SHOULD the Jets draft Kayvon Thibodeaux if he is there at #4?

• YES! NO DOUBT!
    • Probably
    • Unsure
    • Probably Not
    • NO WAY! NO HOW!

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rumor has it that the Giants want no part of Thibodeaux, which is saying something because the Bills (where the current Giants administration is from) seemed to take chances on guys with character questions.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/22/new-york-giants-turned-off-by-kayvon-thibodeaux-personality/

Smokescreen.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rumor has it that the Giants want no part of Thibodeaux, which is saying something because the Bills (where the current Giants administration is from) seemed to take chances on guys with character questions.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/22/new-york-giants-turned-off-by-kayvon-thibodeaux-personality/

They same team that’s currently trying to trade a guy with character questions? That’s a interesting take. 

• Upvote 1

After I gave it a minute to process all the nonsense,  if thats the choice, I gotta go with Thibs there. Do I love him? No. But I'm not going Oline first-round 3 years in a row, I'm taking a player at a position that will improve the team most and make an impact immediately.

Guy has the measurables, has a great first step, outbenched Clowney, and can take the pressure off of a young but pretty decent secondary. It's the best value, bang for your buck position, and a position of desperate need, and yes, he very well as be the BPA there as well...

WR, Backup/Future OT, DB can all wait. 

WR at 10, backup/future OT and LB at 35-39.

Take the edge if he's there.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I hope he’s gone by the 4th pick so the Jets don’t draft him if he is a headache or if they pass on him and he’s a beast. It’s a win win if he’s gone. I just have a bad feeling about him. 

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I hope he's gone before us.

1) I don't trust he's 100% all in

2) I don't want to be wrong and gift wrap him for the Giants

Do I personally love him? No. But I don't understand the 22 year old Firefighters on the job either, and I think theyre mostly good kids...just different. So Thibs wants to be famous. As long as he understands that being really, really good at their games is what got LeBron, Strahan, Jordan, Tiger etc where they went

I'm not going Oline first-round 3 years in a row, thats a Maccagnan level misusenof draft resources, I'm taking a player at a position that will improve the team most and make an impact immediately.

Guy has the measurables, has a great first step, outbenched Clowney, and can take the pressure off of a young but pretty decent secondary.

Take the best edge on the board.

Got a bit more explosiveness on D, now do it for the O. Honestly, Id be ok with Wilson or Olave at 10, but a top WR added to Moore, Davis, Brax, and the new TEs gives Zach more to work with than any Jets QB since freaking O'Brien.

I don't touch the injured guys, I don't touch London. I want my top draft picks to be on the field, bringing Explosiveness to the field day 1.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Do I personally love him? No. But I don't understand the 22 year old Firefighters on the job either, and I think theyre mostly good kids...just different. So Thibs wants to be famous. As long as he understands that being really, really good at their games is what got LeBron, Strahan, Jordan, Tiger etc where they went

I'm not going Oline first-round 3 years in a row, thats a Maccagnan level misusenof draft resources, I'm taking a player at a position that will improve the team most and make an impact immediately.

Guy has the measurables, has a great first step, outbenched Clowney, and can take the pressure off of a young but pretty decent secondary.

Take the best edge on the board.

Got a bit more explosiveness on D, now do it for the O. Honestly, Id be ok with Wilson or Olave at 10, but a top WR added to Moore, Davis, Brax, and the new TEs gives Zach more to work with than any Jets QB since freaking O'Brien.

I don't touch the injured guys, I don't touch London. I want my top draft picks to be on the field, bringing Explosiveness to the field day 1.

Opening running lanes and keeping pressure off of Wilson is an immediate impact. The issue isn’t him acting like a 22 year old it’s acting like a spoiled 22 year old. How’s he going to handle it when he gets his ass handed to him and the NY media and fans tear him apart, how is he going to handle his contract if he does become as good as he thinks he is. Does he pull a Bell and sit out etc. I’d rather have a guy like Karlaftis at 10 and a CB or OT at 4. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Opening running lanes and keeping pressure off of Wilson is an immediate impact. The issue isn’t him acting like a 22 year old it’s acting like a spoiled 22 year old. How’s he going to handle it when he gets his ass handed to him and the NY media and fans tear him apart, how is he going to handle his contract if he does become as good as he thinks he is. Does he pull a Bell and sit out etc. I’d rather have a guy like Karlaftis at 10 and a CB or OT at 4. 

Thinking like this is why the Jets are the absolute trash gutter crap of the NFL for the last 10 years. You just described Maccagnans draft philosophy: "Take no risk, nobody notices cowards"

• Thumb Down 1

I did not want Darnold because he reminded me of Matt Leinart. When we drafted him, I supported him all the way until the day he was here.

Thibodeaux has some talent, but he is absolutely under the impression that he is better than he really is. He is in for a rude awakening when he finally plays in the NFL. Plus, I see some of the unfounded "Manziel" arrogance. Plus he looks like he will be a diva from 10 miles away.

Do not draft him 

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

How does he act off he becomes a star?  How does her act off the whole world doesn't collapse like you're worried about?  

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I really don't want him.

He's damn near insufferable right now - just wait if he's actually good. 

"The football's like a one-man cold to Clifford Franklin. Clifford Franklin's the only man catchin' it, Clifford Franklin's the only man comin' down with it."

"Damn near insufferable".  LOL?