The Official 'I Support Mekhi Becton' Mega Thread.

I support Becton, but I would be lying if I did not say I had concerns.  Solid rookie year.  Played 14 games, but only played 100% of snaps in 8 games.  Banged up with a foot issue last spring.  Gets hurt season 2 week 1 and misses the rest of the season.  He has played well when he is on the field, but the concern is legitimate.

I will be rooting for him when he gets to camp.  We will be a better team with a healthy Becton playing 17 games -- I just wish I had more confidence that he can do it. 

Really hoping he proves all the doubters wrong this year.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

I support Becton, but I would be lying if I did not say I had concerns.  Solid rookie year.  Played 14 games, but only played 100% of snaps in 8 games.  Banged up with a foot issue last spring.  Gets hurt season 2 week 1 and misses the rest of the season.  He has played well when he is on the field, but the concern is legitimate.

I will be rooting for him when he gets to camp.  We will be a better team with a healthy Becton playing 17 games -- I just wish I had more confidence that he can do it. 

Really hoping he proves all the doubters wrong this year.

I feel similarly.  Hope he can figure out a way to stay healthy, but I just get the sense that his body isn't going to make it through an NFL season - and it's certainly not going to get better as he ages.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I feel similarly.  Hope he can figure out a way to stay healthy, but I just get the sense that his body isn't going to make it through an NFL season - and it's certainly not going to get better as he ages.

Agreed.  I am hoping that maybe it has just been a fluky start to his career and things can take off from here.  I think he played in something like 35 of 38 games in 3 seasons at Louisville, so its not like he missed big chunks of time in college.  

• Upvote 1

Ok, I'm kind of wondering something

Who here doesn't support Becton? I don't get the narrative that we don't support him. Yea, we make fun of him sometimes, but that doesn't mean we don't want him to succeed or we don't support him