Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ouch, listen to this.  I get it though.  Saleh and Ulbrich may just suck.  No sign of adaptability or an ability to intelligently game plan for specific opponents.

Which plenty on here have realized since game 5 of the 2021 season. 
Their first victory was due to a broken play and a missed FG as time expired. 

I don’t understand how:

• JD constructed a team with a complex WCO offense requiring players who can execute to precision, requiring him basically to throw away his prior year 2nd round WR athlete draft pick, while…
  • Building a defense that is ENTIRELY based on athleticism on a team that has a bad roster and plays in the Northeast, while
  • Historically, other teams in the Northeast have run complex, highly coached 3-4 defenses successfully-I know the Bills and Eagles run the 4-3, but I would interested to know how theirs differs from ours (other than better players).  Guys like Sean McDermott/Leslie Frazier and Jim Johnson are considered excellent X/O coaches. 

We need to figure this out. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t understand how:

• JD constructed a team with a complex WCO offense requiring players who can execute to precision, requiring him basically to throw away his prior year 2nd round WR athlete draft pick, while…
  • Building a defense that is ENTIRELY based on athleticism on a team that has a bad roster and plays in the Northeast, while
  • Historically, other teams in the Northeast have run complex, highly coached 3-4 defenses successfully-I know the Bills and Eagles run the 4-3, but I would interested to know how theirs differs from ours (other than better players).  Guys like Sean McDermott/Leslie Frazier and Jim Johnson are considered excellent X/O coaches. 

Leslie Frazier blew a playoff game when a team had to go 70 yards with 13 seconds left. 

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ouch, listen to this.  I get it though.  Saleh and Ulbrich may just suck.  No sign of adaptability or an ability to intelligently game plan for specific opponents.

Why is this an ouch?

I dont know who's talking but around the 5 minute mark the guy literally says, "what was Ulbrich to do" referring to last year and then walks out the lack of talent and experience says, "you cant go creating an elaborate scheme with that".  He then goes on to describe the system/scheme that shut down the greatest offense in the history of the league and says that coaching staff knows the schemes weakness.  He lost me when he was analyzing the scheme vs. the Falcons in a preseason game when teams dont scheme.  They were clear just sitting back in a cover 3 shell, there was no scheme. lol 

I know it's not the cool thing to do but I dont know, maybe lets see what they do when they actually prepare and scheme for a team with all the components in place that is actually a placement level NFL roster?   Seems like the prudent thing to do but idk, I'm a loser face so maybe I'm just dorking out while the cool kids swag out.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Why is this an ouch?

I dont know who's talking but around the 5 minute mark the guy literally says, "what was Ulbrich to do" referring to last year and then walks out the lack of talent and experience says, "you cant go creating an elaborate scheme with that".  He then goes on to describe the system/scheme that shut down the greatest offense in the history of the league and says that coaching staff knows the schemes weakness.  He lost me when he was analyzing the scheme vs. the Falcons in a preseason game when teams dont scheme.  They were clear just sitting back in a cover 3 shell, there was no scheme. lol 

I know it's not the cool thing to do but I dont know, maybe lets see what they do when they actually prepare and scheme for a team with all the components in place that is actually a placement level NFL roster?   Seems like the prudent thing to do but idk, I'm a loser face so maybe I'm just dorking out while the cool kids swag out.

All true but let's hope they bleepcan the Cover 3 in the season for the most part

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Fair comment, but intuitively it just feels like unless these guys are a bunch of athletic freaks that a DL of mostly < 300 lb guys backed up by a bunch of 220 lb LB's are constantly going to get mauled...

45 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t understand how:

This part doesn't bother me.  Philosophically, I don't mind the shift to a 4-3 at all.  And they've backed up the need for pass rushers by at least going after a bunch of pass-rushing DL:  Carl Lawson, JFM, JJ, Clemons, Soloman Thomas, Rankins, Jonathan Marshall, Jacob Martin.  They've also kept Zuniga and Huff around to see if they can coax anything out of them.  That's a lot of resources devoted to the DL since Saleh's arrival.

It may not work out at all, but the effort has been there to create an actual pass rush here, which we haven't seen this franchise be able to create without heavy blitzing since 2005.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Fair comment, but intuitively it just feels like unless these guys are a bunch of athletic freaks that a DL of mostly < 300 lb guys backed up by a bunch of 220 lb LB's are constantly going to get mauled...

Fair concern and the scheme isnt really designed to stop the run, it's more to get off the field on the 3rd down but we'll see.  JD clearly prioritized offense when he first got here which is a welcomed change.  They invested in D this year, I think it's going to be pretty good to be honest.  We'll see.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t understand how:

Mims failed himself not the other way around. 

• Upvote 1

Saleh is trying to get to week 1 healthy. They have 4 MDs in the new athletic care and performance department, which is in addition to the medical and training program 

they might know a little more than we do

would you prefer 5 hammy pulls ?

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

so you are in the nothing matters bucket

My point was, you'd pick the Ravens because a. they're the better team and b. you've made your decision on Saleh already.  You're in the bucket of, you dont need to see the regular season because you've read a bunch of camp tweets, and heard him say things and saw a couple of meaningless preseason games and that's all you need to know about the Jets. 

The Jets could surprise us all and beat the Ravens and shut them out while scoring 41 points and my reaction would be, this tells us nothing about the 22 season, so nothing matters is extreme but not as extreme as the overreaction just end the season crowd.  

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

My point was, you'd pick the Ravens because a. they're the better team and b. you've made your decision on Saleh already.  You're in the bucket of, you dont need to see the regular season because you've read a bunch of camp tweets, and heard him say things and saw a couple of meaningless preseason games and that's all you need to know about the Jets. 

The Jets could surprise us all and beat the Ravens and shut them out while scoring 41 points and my reaction would be, this tells us nothing about the 22 season, so nothing matters is extreme but not as extreme as the overreaction just end the season crowd.  

im in the bucket of seeing trends, and the light camp two years in a row with a young, but talented team is not good imo.  Parcells taking over for Kotite and winning is my benchmark. Saleh imo is all fake hustle and is a bad fit for the franchise. Maybe he proves me wrong but gut feel says I think im right. If the Jets beat the Ravens 41-0 yes it tells us something. You dont think it does? The nothing matters stuff doesnt make sense.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

Saleh is trying to get to week 1 healthy. They have 4 MDs in the new athletic care and performance department, which is in addition to the medical and training program 

they might know a little more than we do

would you prefer 5 hammy pulls ?

I think Saleh believes he can lose to the Ravens by 20 and it won’t matter because Zach Wilson is out and that gives him cover.

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

im in the bucket of seeing trends, and the light camp two years in a row with a young, but talented team is not good imo.  Parcells taking over for Kotite and winning is my benchmark. Saleh imo is all fake hustle and is a bad fit for the franchise. Maybe he proves me wrong but gut feel says I think im right. If the Jets beat the Ravens 41-0 yes it tells us something. You dont think it does? The nothing matters stuff doesnt make sense.

Your bar for a rookie HC taking over a 2 win team with a rookie QB and the youngest team in the NFL is that of the results of a Super Bowl winning Head Coach taking over a veteran led team?  That is asinine, no offense and you should probably do a better job of managing your expectations. 

I think you're looking for confirmation bias at every turn with Saleh and overreacting to every little tweet accordingly.  You have your opinion of him and very vocal about it.  You're also very selective of what you pay attention to and then proceed to parrot around the board.  

I'm not going to pretend I know what we have in Saleh right now because of some "trends" that you've subjectively created.  I've been watching the NFL long enough to know, that nothing you're reading or seeing means anything right now, yes, that is 100% fact.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Your bar for a rookie HC taking over a 2 win team with a rookie QB and the youngest team in the NFL is that of the results of a Super Bowl winning Head Coach taking over a veteran led team?  That is asinine, no offense and you should probably do a better job of managing your expectations. 

I think you're looking for confirmation bias at every turn with Saleh and overreacting to every little tweet accordingly.  You have your opinion of him and very vocal about it.  You're also very selective of what you pay attention to and then proceed to parrot around the board.  

I'm not going to pretend I know what we have in Saleh right now because of some "trends" that you've subjectively created.  I've been watching the NFL long enough to know, that nothing you're reading or seeing means anything right now, yes, that is 100% fact.  

Just win baby

4 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Chase from Bengals had a lot of drops last year in camp and was dominant in the the 2021 season. Lets hope we get more of the same or even close to that from Wilson.

I think it’s fairly obvious — or at least should be — that Garrett Wilson isn’t on Jamarr Chase’s level.

Chase is arguably already the best receiver in the entire league.

One of my major concerns with Wilson before the draft was his hands.  They are just not natural.  He can manage usually but it’s not second nature / automatic like it is with guys like Olave or Keenan Allen.

If they wanted Chase, they should have drafted Chase instead of ZKW

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets just dominated the 4th quarter with legit every player on the feed hustling lol.

Max, I’m talking about an offensive STARTER hustling their ass off to stop an interception return playing at the bitter end of a preseason game. That literally is impossible to happen anymore as starters don’t play that late in games. I bet Chrebet still hustles to the mailbox to get his mail.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Max, I’m talking about an offensive STARTER hustling their ass off to stop an interception return playing at the bitter end of a preseason game. That literally is impossible to happen anymore as starters don’t play that late in games. I bet Chrebet still hustles to the mailbox to get his mail.

I love Chrebet he is probably my favorite Jet of all time. I just think it is a weird statement, he had been in the league two full seasons and was an undrafted free agent. Terrible INT by Foley and Chrebet sprinted after him but didn't come close to making the tackle.

Any player that didn't sprint in that spot it is going to show up on the tape the next day.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I love Chrebet he is probably my favorite Jet of all time. I just think it is a weird statement, he had been in the league two full seasons and was an undrafted free agent. Terrible INT by Foley and Chrebet sprinted after him but didn't come close to making the tackle.

Any player that didn't sprint in that spot it is going to show up on the tape the next day.

Chrebet HATrr ;) 

Just now, Maxman said:

He is a made man in my house. His Dad is a Vietnam Vet. Could never hate on anyone after knowing that about them.

That game film of Kotite calling for Chrebet to go into the game and not even knowing how to pronounce it

compete bon appetit GIF

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2022 at 4:27 AM, jgb said:

He’s got a new t-shirt with a new slogan seemingly every week. Even if all the slogans are good, there’s such a thing as message overload. Gotta let one get traction before you adopt another one.

It’s too much and too cutesy for my taste. Plus “PVO” and “you have to reach your dark place of despair before you can unlock the 60% of your potential that serves as your atavistic survival reserve” are contradictory.

if you go to a performance coach do you get the same message every week?

17 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. You have NO idea how they’ll turn out but you’re already upset that jets picked the wrong guy. And that the other guy will turn out to be one of the best. Jesus. 

Karlaftis is going to get 400 pass rush opportunities playing with huge leads next to the monster Chris Smith. Jermaine Johnson is going to be playing a bunch of games where they’re down 10 at the half and John Franklin Myers has already quit trying by October 1st

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol. You have NO idea how they’ll turn out but you’re already upset that jets picked the wrong guy. And that the other guy will turn out to be one of the best. Jesus. 

Oh they know, alright.  The use of certain emoji's included in your tweets are very telling for a players career.