Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

23 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Wtf happened this practice that everyone’s saying this? I can’t find anything. Did he get pancaked every rep?

Ive been saying it for two weeks.  He definitely has potential to be a very good DL ... but ill be happily surprised if he is a dominant rusher.

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because Jet fans are insane.  He got a little injured today - but will be fine...

Otherwise he's had a solid camp for a rookie and by all accounts looks solid.  

This .. solid ... very good ... but i don't see the getoff or power to be a dominant rusher.

• WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

So you are really ready to make this call after his first training camp?  Maybe allow him to play one game his rookie year before declaring him a disappointment?

Don't get bent ... i still expect him to be a very good player.

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This .. solid ... very good ... but i don't see the getoff or power to be a dominant rusher.

A couple of things:

1) Serious question, have you seen practices to determine his get off or power?

2) I actually don't think he was expected to be that type of player.  From what I understand - he was expected to be very good at setting the edge with upside to become a good pass rusher - but needed a lot of work to be a good pro.

My personal expectation is Calvin Pace.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

A couple of things:
1) Serious question, have you seen practices to determine his get off or power?
2) I actually don't think he was expected to be that type of player.  From what I understand - he was expected to be very good at setting the edge with upside to become a good pass rusher - but needed a lot of work to be a good pro.
My personal expectation is Calvin Pace.

I actually think that Michael Clemons will be a better pass rusher than JJ, but JJ will end up being the better all around DE.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, imagine a scenario where a Jet gets injured. Would be wild and unprecedented

No what would be wild and completely unprecedented would be someone to not blame the HC or some other poor person for the injury. 

• Upvote 2

Actually just thinking it would be  nice change to go to a Jets board and be optimistic about a young player who hasn't even played a game yet. As opposed to reading repeatedly about their apparent flaws -again before the player has played a single snap let alone a full season or heaven forbid two seasons before we pass judgement.  I do understand all the negativity though we have been crap going on 10 years.  Hoping things can turn around here if/when the team does - we shall see!
Please reread my posts ... they were not disparaging.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk