Deshaun Watson suspended 6 games

4 minutes ago, PorP said:

For clarity,  this is the NFL PA finding.  NFL still has the option to appeal for a longer suspension. 

NFL does not have to appeal, they can change it to whatever they want as long as there was any length handed down. Then the PA will appeal lose and then sue if the NFL goes that route 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Go home NFL you're drunk.

Nfl does not do suspensions anymore.  The players association hires a 3rd party to do that. The players association then issues the suspension.

NFL and the accused player both have the right to appeal. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

NFL does not have to appeal, they can change it to whatever they want as long as there was any length handed down. Then the PA will appeal lose and then sue if the NFL goes that route 

So I'm not gonna debate it because I'm simply not qualified.  I'm just regurgitating the nfl network. 

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

I didn't realize that - interesting to see what they do.

While the 6 is a joke, I just get the feeling the league wants this to go away as quick as possible since the season is a month away.

Does not make it right in anyway - but as we all know - money is above everything.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets will see Jacoby Brisset week 2, if they can pull off a win against Baltimore you will be feeling pretty good going into Cleveland the next week 

Yep for all the bitching about the schedule i like having Baltimore early and the browns with no Watson 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Watson only due 1 million bucks this year. Gets 40 mill next season. His game checks are peanuts this year.

Listen this clown already paid off 20 something women which proves he's guilty. This isn't right man, it's just not right. He shouldn't be rewarded with an NFL career and millions of dollars.BS!!!

66 different women over 17 months? Now the browns are saying he can only have team approved masseuses? If over 30 women accused me of whipping my dick out in front of them I'd be in jail.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Watson only due 1 million bucks this year. Gets 40 mill next season. His game checks are peanuts this year.

If the plan is to save the bulk of his suspension for next season when it'll really hurt him, I'd be all for that. But 1) the NFL doesn't have the balls to do that and 2) there would be major push back from Watson's group and maybe even the NFLPA.

8 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

wild...

Hopkins 6 games for PED

Ridley a year for gambling on his own team while out

Watson - 24 lawsuits, 60 possible allegations 6 games and 300k in lost salary

at least the NFL has its priorities

Yep.

And this is (partly) why I'm less interested in the NFL as a whole.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol oh no. What ever will he do with just one million?

Well I’m saying the Browns and Watson gamed it where the suspension is meaningless to his pockets. If the league were smart they’d take a per game average over the entirety of the contract.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Listen this clown already paid off 20 something women which proves he's guilty. This isn't right man, it's just not right. He shouldn't be rewarded with an NFL career and millions of dollars.BS!!!

66 different women over 17 months? Now the browns are saying he can only have team approved masseuses? If over 30 women accused me of whipping my dick out in front of them I'd be in jail.

Yup - you would.

Difference is you don't make tens of millions of dollars for the NFL.

An earlier post stated that his contract was structured so he only made 1 mil this year and 40 next.

I am all for coincidences but to think this was not all predetermined would be foolish.

Reality is he will serve 6 and when he comes back the stadium will be packed and the game possibly flexed to prime time.

As Sonny said - No one cares. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2