<<<<<<< Jets vs Bengals -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Once again, for the umpteenth year, the Jet O line is a disaster.  Admittedly, injuries have an impact here.  But where the hell is the depth?  SOJ.

Douglas deserves blame for sure.  No OL depth and he just expected Becton be healthy and it cost us bigtime.  I give him credit for adding weapons and drafting AVT, Mitchell but he did t do enough 

• Upvote 2

Just now, munchmemory said:

Saleh, go light a candle.  If not for the cluster fuk Browns' debacle, you'd be 0-3.   Your team is awful on both sides of the ball.  get the resume together.

Ulbrich firing is the canary in the coal mine — although I expect PVO Bobby to demote him instead and take DC role himself — that’ll be when we all know the end is nigh.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ulbrich firing is the canary in the coal mine — although I expect PVO Bobby to demote him instead and take DC role himself — that’ll be when we all know the end is nigh.

I don't get how, after two years of this garbage, Ulbrich can accept a pay check.  Unless he's forced to running Saleh's "vaunted" SF defense.  You know, the defense which choked a SB.

7 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Looked exactly like every single loss from last season. And for that matter so did Week 1, and Week 2 before one of the flukiest comebacks in NFL history. Where's the accountability?

Exactly.  We have no business even being 1-2.  If we were 0-3, Saleh would be torn to shreds this week by the fans and media.  Now he gets to deflect everything on to ZW.  And if ZW has 2 bad weeks, he can say "he needs time to ramp up".

Just now, munchmemory said:

I don't get how, after two years of this garbage, Ulbrich can accept a pay check.  Unless he's forced to running Saleh's "vaunted" SF defense.  You know, the defense which choked a SB.

The same reason 80% of people accept a paycheck despite doing the bare minimum… it’s money.

Dax Shepard Money GIF

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Douglas deserves blame for sure.  No OL depth and he just expected Becton be healthy and it cost us bigtime.  I give him credit for adding weapons and drafting AVT, Mitchell but he did t do enough 

Tired argument... There is depth, but when when you have tackles 4 and 5 on the field, that's going to happen... 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Joe Flacco sucks.

I can't believe how many people bought into the production largely from garbage time in Week 1 and a two minute miracle that should have never been in Week 2.

Zach Wilson is this team's only hope, and in all honesty, that's pretty scary at this stage.

I was told before the season that Joe Douglas is proven. I said it then and it's obvious now: nonsense.

The talent is not as good as many are claiming. The Jets should be 0-3 with three double digit losses. Unacceptable. Everyone blames the coaching but the players aren't getting the job done either.

Another NFL week full of games coming down to the wire while the Jets are uncompetitive and get blown out.

This team has talent there is no question about it.  Injuries especially to the OL haven’t helped.  I’m not saying we are loaded with talent but we do have young talent.  Coaching is a big issue 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

“maybe we wait a few months and he becomes less guilty”

As a lawyer I only have one voir dire question: “Are you a Jets fan?” If the answer is “yes” and I’m prosecuting, peremptory strike. If I’m defending, empanel ‘em!

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Not sure why, because I expected an ass-kicking, but that one sucked worse than usual. Just a lifeless franchise, three weeks in. 

I thought we'd lose.  Tom, I can't explain how much these games have taken out of me over the decades.  I'm still the dope Jet fan who quietly still hopes we win.  I'm getting to the point where I really don't even want to watch any more.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think it was his decision to make. 

I don’t buy that.  It was his decision.  I very much doubt Mike White would have done much.  His claim to fame was having the game if his life against a Bengals  team that clearly played down to the competition that day 

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Honestly feels like 1994 Pete Carroll.  Ultimately will likely be a good guy but a paper thin cliché machine right now...

Good guy I don’t give a sh*t. Belichick is a total dbag but he has what half dozen rings? I DO NOT CARE IF JETS ARE GOOD PEOPLE I WANT WINS.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I thought we'd lose.  Tom, I can't explain how much these games have taken out of me over the decades.  I'm still the dope Jet fan who quietly still hopes we win.  I'm getting to the point where I really don't even want to watch any more.

Star Wars Hate GIF

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I think he is.  Saleh needs to give up control and see if his defensive coordinator can turn this unit around.