<<<<<<< Jets vs Bengals -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

I actually think Lawson will have a breakout game against the Bengals’ compromised OLine with constant pressure and disruption from the edge. 

Hopefully a sack and a few TFLs, but I feel he’ll just keep disrupting from the edge all game that Cincy will have to double him and that’ll open up 1-on-1 matchups for Q, Rankins, JFM, and JJ

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

I actually think Lawson will have a breakout game against the Bengals’ compromised OLine with constant pressure and disruption from the edge. 

Hopefully a sack and a few TFLs, but I feel he’ll just keep disrupting from the edge all game that Cincy will have to double him and that’ll open up 1-on-1 matchups for Q, Rankins, JFM, and JJ

Yeah this is a game that they need the DLine to disrupt, disrupt and then disrupt some more!

• Upvote 2

Jets looking to turn heat up on Bengals and Joe Burrow

Brian Costello

9/24/22 10:55pm

So far, the Jets have not been in much of a rush this season.

Their pass rush, which was expected to be a strength of the team, has been mostly invisible. They have just three sacks and nine quarterback hits in their first two games.

That needs to change Sunday at MetLife Stadium against a Bengals team that is on pace to break records for getting a quarterback sacked.

The Jets (1-1) played against two run-heavy offenses, the Ravens and the Browns, in the first two weeks, so that has contributed to the lack of a pass rush, but this week against Joe Burrow, a dropback passer, there will be no excuse.

“It’s got to be better, we all think that it’s got to be better, obviously,” head coach Robert Saleh said. “When we get our opportunities for one-on-ones, we’ve got to win and we’ve got to keep the quarterback in the pocket, and we’ve got to play and we’ve got to be able to rush as a unit. It hasn’t been bad, I’m not saying that, you just want more. I’m D-line driven, everyone knows that, and just so, I think I’ve said before to whom much is given, much is required and so, just expecting a little bit more out of that group.”

54CE0FB4-2684-4AF7-AC6A-062006899A7D.thumb.webp.b91ed41ce870861333d885c5a1b6e8d0.webp
USA TODAY SPORTS; Bill Kostroun

As Saleh referenced, the Jets have some star power up front. Carl Lawson, Quinnen Williams and John Franklin-Myers are among their top players. They added Jermaine Johnson and Micheal Clemons to the group in the draft and signed Jacob Martin in free agency.

The Bengals (0-2) revamped their offensive line this offseason in the hope of protecting Burrow better than last year, when they allowed 55 sacks. So far, it has not worked. Burrow has been sacked 13 times in the first two games. He is on pace to break the NFL record of most times sacked in a season, held by David Carr with 76 in 2002.

Saleh’s defense relies on the front four getting to the quarterback, and the Jets are counting on their group being in Burrow’s face all day Sunday.

“There is definitely room for improvement as far as our rush is concerned,” defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich said. “We should have more opportunities to absolutely go forward and rush and jump out of our shoes as far as rush is concerned.”

• Upvote 2

Excited to be in attendance today, not driving and bringing a 6 pack for the ride up to MetLife. The game will be decided by the line, especially D-Line (They dominate, we win) Spoke with a Jets defensive player the other night, there is strong belief amongst the team they will be 4-1! J E T S!!! JETS JETS JETS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

It is game day, the Jets are set to take on (and beat) the Bengals. The whole world loved the Bengals before their 0 and 2 start. The whole world laughed at the Jets, but they are starting to see the talent after the amazing win over the Browns.
The Jets defensive line will DOMINATE today and the defense overall will have their best performance of the young season.
The offense has confidence now, they know they have multiple ways to get in the end zone and the tight ends haven't even woken up yet.

Let's go Jets, 2 and 1 here we go!

Here is our:
[/url]  

I will be one happy freaking twerp if the Jets beat the Bengals.

Sent from my iPhone using
JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hoping Mike White gets in the game, for old time’s sake, and also to cover the over.

They need to do that thing were Flacco walks out and stops halfway, they kick up some WWE walk out music and Mike White walks with a jewel encrusted scepter, a feather boa and a championship belt with his yardage from last year carved into it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1